Our President took his laser-like focus on jobs to New York City for a few fundraisers. One of them was at the Apollo, where Obama sang a little Al Green inside the theater while other Americans were singing “Brother Can You Spare a Dime” outside the theater.

Let’s start the day with a panty-melter for Chris Matthews:

*****

TOTUS has more to offer than just words — it can do lyrics too.

Update: Inevitable Hollywood drooling: Would Obama qualify for Hollywood Week on American Idol? Abso-friggin-lutely!

Comments

17 Responses to “Obama Sings at the Apollo”

1. Marshall_Will on January 20th, 2012 2:41 pm

Nevermind that beaten, graying washed up soon-to-be EX-pResident in Iowa;

The Swagga' is BACK!

2. Marshall_Will on January 20th, 2012 3:04 pm

My bad;

The Swagga' BE back!

3. backwoodsconsr on January 20th, 2012 3:13 pm

I'm not clicking that video. Hearing him talk is bad enough.

4. Hyperfobea on January 20th, 2012 3:25 pm

Like Clinton with the sax. Oooog. Ear rapery.

5. Marshall_Will on January 20th, 2012 3:43 pm

Worth the click just to see Dick O'Drama making a nostalgic stab at what once was. People ( read Obamabots ) eating out of his hand and hanging on his every unintelligible utterance.

( If that spares you 55 secs? )

6. SignPainterGuy on January 20th, 2012 3:54 pm

"I……..so in love with you …" I played it twice to be sure he missed the " `m".

Curiosity got the best of me, I had to know what he sang. Well, I wish I hadn`t !

7. SignPainterGuy on January 20th, 2012 4:22 pm

I could have used your assessment and saved myself the non-plused moment. Oh, why didn`t I hit "refresh" 10 minutes earlier ?!

Even WITH the teleprompter, Obumble was stammering !

8. Marshall_Will on January 20th, 2012 4:59 pm

By no means an expert on Soul, Hip Hop, Rap etc. but the Apollo was more a venue for upbeat, energetic acts. Not drippy love songs.

What an incredibly telling and DISGUSTING choice of material. The song 'delivery' is to himself! Bammie, Get up off a' that thang!

9. SignPainterGuy on January 20th, 2012 5:04 pm

Right on both points. Now the Apollo will fail miserably and Al will drop that song from his repertoire !

10. Granny Jan on January 20th, 2012 5:44 pm

I wonder whom he has crooned to? Surely not Michelle.
    He has learned how to imitate a black man but he does it in his own down low way.

Rush referred to what I call the elephant in the room on his show yesterday. He asked where are BHO's former girlfriends or boyfriends?

11. Marshall_Will on January 20th, 2012 6:39 pm

GJ,

Crooning? Looked more like begging to me. Maybe he should have sang "Love Me Do". Whomever 'you' might be?

Good call, much of that Soul was recorded -strictly- for a White audience so Progs could musically anyway, claim they were 'hip'. Bammie is the inverse of Jimi Hendrix. Jimi took a lot of heat for playing guitar and singing like a white guy. From Black extremist groups actually.

Of late, there's been new speculation, evidence and openess about how big a role those groups may have played in JH's death. Don't get me wrong, I have every Delta Blues album ever recorded, race isn't the issue for me. I'm a purist in all regards.

12. clu seatoe on January 20th, 2012 6:49 pm

The DENIGRATION of the office and position of the President of the United States. This is something Loser does far too often and he thinks it funny.

13. Parker 51 on January 20th, 2012 8:18 pm

I think it`s excellent when such person feel so free.

14. swede on January 20th, 2012 8:54 pm

It isn't the "singing" that grates on my brain – it's the ecstatic roar from the obabot crowd. It is absolutely mind boggling to me that almost half the country think this brain dead, empty suit, cretin is a pretty cool dude. Critical thinking in western civilization is officially dead. Burried. Decomposed.

15. SignPainterGuy on January 20th, 2012 9:06 pm

"Almost half" of it anyway !

16. Marshall_Will on January 20th, 2012 10:40 pm

Karaoke Night at the pub, sure. The President of the United States in a public event? Not so much.

17. SignPainterGuy on January 21st, 2012 1:42 am

6 words hardly rates "crooning" or "belting it out" as I ve seen written elsewhere !