*****

Sources tell me Rand Paul was detained because the full body scanner caught an image of a book the J-Nap led DHS considers terrorist literature: The Fountainhead.

From the Daily Caller:

Kentucky Republican Sen. Rand Paul’s press secretary Moira Bagley tweeted on Monday that Transportation Security Administration officials were detaining her boss in Nashville, Tenn.

“Just got a call from @senrandpaul,” Bagley tweeted at about 10 a.m. on Monday. “He’s currently being detained by TSA in Nashville.”

Bagley hasn’t immediately responded to The Daily Caller’s request for comment for more details.

Texas Congressman and current Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul – Sen. Rand Paul’s father – placed a post on Facebook about the news as well. “My son Rand is currently being detained by the TSA at the Nashville Airport,” Ron Paul posted. “I’ll share more details as the situation unfolds.”

Ron Paul adds, via Twitter, that the TSA detained his son “for refusing full body pat-down after anomaly in body scanner.”

If it were really the TSA’s mission to protect America from threats, they’d detain Barbara Boxer, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, Charles Schumer, et al… for a long time.

Comments

24 Responses to “TSA Detains Sen. Rand Paul for Attempting to Smuggle Common Sense Aboard DC-Bound Flight”

1. Marshall_Will on January 23rd, 2012 2:28 pm

There's a difference between "Refusing" to comply with something, quite another to simply point out it isn't applicable to 'you'.

It was also reported that Sen. Paul did not have a Commercial Driver's License in his possession, an FAA Private Pilot's License nor Bear Tags for Alaska's upcoming hunting season…

Barney Frank gladly volunteered for a full cavity 'search' in Paul's stead.

2. Doug on January 23rd, 2012 2:35 pm

If memory serves Rand Paul has been a frequent critic of the TSA, so it's not too surprising.

3. zillaoftheresistance on January 23rd, 2012 2:41 pm

The TSA GateRapists are not going to like the backlash from this one.

4. SignPainterGuy on January 23rd, 2012 2:47 pm

Doug, I think YOU are right on this one; "common sense" stops this administration dead in their tracks !

5. backwoodsconsr on January 23rd, 2012 2:52 pm

The byline of Fred Thompson's radio show was "The search for common sense." The radio show doesn't exist anymore. I guess he gave up.

6. SignPainterGuy on January 23rd, 2012 2:57 pm

Ah yes, the elusive "common sense" ! Even less common than the snipe !

7. Hyperfobea on January 23rd, 2012 3:03 pm

Miss Frank's cavity would no doubt yield some interesting rubber novelties. The search might also yield an explosion.

8. Marshall_Will on January 23rd, 2012 3:24 pm

Zilla,

There's been account after account of… attractive [young] women getting singled out time and again, flight after flight, grope after leering grope. Profiling clevage. So SPARE us the 'random' routine TSA…

The latest ploy of the professional left is to discredit us as fringe nut jobs by erecting one barricade after another until we lose our cool.

9. Marshall_Will on January 23rd, 2012 3:26 pm

But wouldn't that be all the more reason to make sure he goes thru the gate without incident, vice… what is turning out to be the hottest news item of the day?

TSA tools don't decide -jack- without it coming from higher authority.

10. zillaoftheresistance on January 23rd, 2012 3:34 pm

Don't put freaking words in my mouth! I never said a damned thing about "random" and if you were familiar with my work AT ALL you'd know that I have exposed the TSA fuckery in great detail, REPEATEDLY.
    For example: http://zillablog.marezilla.com/2011/06/freaking-thttp://zillablog.marezilla.com/2010/12/tsa-insanihttp://zillablog.marezilla.com/2010/11/outrage-inhttp://zillablog.marezilla.com/2010/11/gate-rapeshttp://zillablog.marezilla.com/2010/11/super-exte
    Go read all that before you presume that you're telling me something I don't already damned well know.

11. Pasadena Phil on January 23rd, 2012 4:57 pm

All of this fuss over a malfunction in the machine that goes "BING!"???

12. SignPainterGuy on January 23rd, 2012 5:09 pm

It seems to me a lot of travelers are afraid it might go , "BZZZZZZT !"

13. SignPainterGuy on January 23rd, 2012 5:10 pm

My "machine" says "ENJOY" after it goes "BING" !

14. backwoodsconsr on January 23rd, 2012 5:13 pm

So he refused a patdown? I'm sure there's a joke somewhere in there about Paul nuts, I just haven't found it yet.

15. clu seatoe on January 23rd, 2012 6:19 pm

MSNBC web site is reporting that the TSA is denying a situation of “detention” or "detained" and says that that is Daddy Rand’s word. Listen to the report here:

16. zillaoftheresistance on January 23rd, 2012 6:51 pm

So, our friend Sign Painter Guy informs me that your post was not intended as to imply that I am somehow ignorant of the TSA's evil ways and that I over-reacted. I have a headache today and it is making me cranky and also giving me a bad case of teh dumbz so I will take SPG's word for it as he normally agrees that I am right so if he says I am mistaken then there is a possibility that I am. I am humbly apologize for my bitchery, Marshall Will.

17. swede on January 23rd, 2012 6:53 pm

We're talking about a US Senator here, with credentials and an entourage. This screening is politically correct – but keeps no one safe.

Israel is arguably the most desired terrorist target in the world, yet Ben Gurion Airport has not had a single security breach since 1972 – And this is accomplished without scanners or pat downs. They use a rather obvious and very reliable system: PROFILING. Passengers identified as a risk are approached by agents who ask a series of questions while the passenger's answers, physical responses, eyemovement etc. is carefully monitored. Anyone who raises suspicion is then taken aside, and given the full treatment – interrogation, body search etc.

How in h*ll am I safer when the TSA detains old women, Boy Scouts and (sheeesssshhh) a US Senator, yet refuses to use proven measures with high risk passengers? Political correctness gets people killed.

18. swede on January 23rd, 2012 6:58 pm
  19. SignPainterGuy on January 23rd, 2012 8:21 pm

"MESSNBCBS ….. denying …. 'dentention' or 'detained' …."; his free movement was restricted against his will ! In some circles, that`s called "kidnapping" !

20. SignPainterGuy on January 23rd, 2012 8:28 pm

PROFILING = GOOD POLICE WORK !

Simple as that !

21. Jimbo on January 24th, 2012 12:32 am

Would you want to pat down Barbara Boxer, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, & Charles Schumer? Even the TSA has a healthy sense of self-preservation. I would rather stick my hands into a vat of plague rats.

22. Jimbo on January 24th, 2012 12:35 am

And one of the Village People would emerge from that explosion in a pair of assless chaps.

23. swede on January 24th, 2012 2:08 am

This Just in: HS Sec Nappy has determined that THE SYSTEM WORKED. Senator Paul was prevented from carrying propaganda detrimental to the collective thought to the nation's capitol.

24. rab neutrino on April 5th, 2012 2:57 pm

Nice old, soft bits of good Turkish towelling, properly washed, will make the softest of diaper coverings, inside which specially absorbent napkins (diapers), see below at 1A, soft, light, and easily washed, are contained. These should rarely be soiled once regular habits have been inculcated, especially during the night period in which it is most important to prevent habit formation
    1A -(squares of butter muslin or Harrinton’s packed rolls of “mutton cloth” in packets, sold for polishing motor-cars, would do equally well and are very cheap and soft