Let’s start this way… here’s part of the description on Amazon of the 2010 book “Game Change”:

In Game Change, John Heilemann and Mark Halperin, two of the country’s leading political reporters, use their unrivaled access to pull back the curtain on the Obama, Clinton, McCain, and Palin campaigns. How did Obama convince himself that, despite the thinness of his resume, he could somehow beat the odds to become the nation’s first African American president? How did the tumultuous relationship between the Clintons shape—and warp—Hillary’s supposedly unstoppable bid? What was behind her husband’s furious outbursts and devastating political miscalculations? Why did McCain make the novice governor of Alaska his running mate? And was Palin merely painfully out of her depth—or troubled in more serious ways?

Judging from the just released trailer for the upcoming HBO film of the same name, in spite of the fact that a good portion of “Game Change” was about Obama, Hillary and Bill, only the last two Palin-related sentences above were worthy of making the cut (though I hear Obama does make a cameo in the brief “Hawaiian golf course” scene). In these clips it’s all Sarah bashing, all the time. I actually laughed out loud before the end. They made her such a dingy, clothing-obsessed bitch that this could be an audition for the new show “Real Housewives of Wasilla”:

*****

Based on that, here’s an outline of what the plot appears to be: Sarah Palin was chosen as John McCain’s running mate because she had useful demographic attributes that could be exploited, but there was also a downside that McCain’s people thought they could keep in check. However, about halfway through the campaign, Palin became self-aware, turned on her creators and wreaked havoc on humanity — Skynet in heels. They should have called the movie “The Campaign Terminator.”

Watching that clip you’d almost forget that the reason John McCain lost was because of… John McCain. It’s shocking that a solid lineup of Hollywood lefties couldn’t be a little more even-handed when it comes to the story of Sarah Palin.

(h/t Hot Air)

Comments

16 Responses to “‘Game Change’ Trailer: Sarah Palin is Skynet in Heels”

1. joyannaadams on February 1st, 2012 1:29 am

Well, that's one movie I'll skip. Tell me, how can a man make "Saving Private Ryan", and "John Adams," and then turn around and fund this crap. It's like he never read the scripts from the first two movies.

"Loose lips sink ships, huh Tom?"

If I were Sarah, I'd be flattered and make fun of it. It's my Nobody Opinion that they got Sarah because they WANTED John to lose, but not so badly that the whole Republican party went down with him, which was happening right before our eyes.

Why did they want John to lose? Because they did not want to blame the healthcare the globalists needed to pass, on a Republican. And they needed Sarah to save the party for' Jeb.'

And now, there are three men: Rubio, Christie, and Jeb…waiting to be picked for VP.

Mitt doesn't need Jeb now..so, (unless a deal has already been worked out.) I bet it will be Rubio. Rubio will be the next patsy…for the Spanish vote.

The Rinos are still running the boat.

We should be sending our kids to flim school. Sorry, I'm mad.

2. clu seatoe on February 1st, 2012 2:33 am

How did, how did, how did. Good plot and I think it can be answered this way:

Ever watch the show “Damages” with Glenn Close? Thinker’s entertainment.

3. SignPainterGuy on February 1st, 2012 2:37 am

NOBODY is mad and just a wee bit cynical !

I`ve never understood, or even been convinced, that a party would "throw away" one election to be better prepared for the next. In effect, that`s abandoning the country for 4 years. I can`t say that it doesn`t or hasn`t happened; it just seems really irresponsible to me !

4. SignPainterGuy on February 1st, 2012 2:44 am

After so many Hollyweird lefty flops, you`d think they`d learn, the majority of Americans are not lefties and don`t appreciate their constant drumbeat of "conservatives are stupid morons !" It must be genetic or truly a mental disorder; IOW, they just can`t help themselves !

5. clu seatoe on February 1st, 2012 3:30 am

It’s the bully pulpit – you got it so why not use it.

…AND…

A certain amount of business capital has to be invested in bad product for tax purposes.

6. SignPainterGuy on February 1st, 2012 4:31 am

I guess you`re right; I`ve never been in that position !

My Dad told me that when people would tell him they`d heard there was good money in the sign biz, he`d tell them, "Well, if there is, it`s still there `cause he hadn`t bothered much of it !"

7. Truesoldier on February 1st, 2012 2:08 pm

Exactly. It seems that Hollyweird has lost touch with what people want to see. The last good HBO miniseries that I saw was Band of Brothers. My wife and I still watch it from time to time.

I also predict that the left is going to go crazy when the movie Act of Valor comes out later this month and skyrockets to #1 at the box office.

If any of you haven't seen or heard of that movie I highly recommend you check it out. It is based on true events regarding terrorism and the Navy SEALs. The Navy SEALs in the movie are played by active duty Navy SEALs.

8. SignPainterGuy on February 1st, 2012 2:55 pm

I saw that preview last night; It looks like it shows it as it really is ! 2 questions came to mind; how did Hollyweird produce this, and, how were "active duty" SEALs allowed to participate in it ??

9. Truesoldier on February 1st, 2012 3:25 pm

The military will allow active duty personnel to be in movies, use actual equipment (weapons, uniforms, vehicles, etc) and advise on films, but only after they have seen the script and enusre that the movie will not paint the military in a bad light.

As for the producing of this movie, the production company is called Bandito Brothers. From the looks of it the majority of their productions so far have been documentaries (to include one on Navy Special Warfare Combatant-craft Crewmen (SWCC) which probably is how they got their inside into the SEALs). Here is their website if you want to check them out:

10. SignPainterGuy on February 1st, 2012 3:48 pm

Good to know ! I`m still a bit surprised though that "real" SEALs would allow their IDs to be seen.

I wish them luck and great success as indie producers. Thumb their noses at Hollyweird, much as Sherwood Baptist Church, Albany, GA did with "Fireproof", "Courageous" and 2 other indie films that were successful well beyond expectations !

11. Truesoldier on February 1st, 2012 5:41 pm

Im not really that surprised. Most the time the SEALs come a knockin' they are usually never seen (nor heard) and those who do see them either end up 6 feet under or are captured.

I once got to meet the Sergeant Major who helped to form Delta Force. While a group of us grunts were tlaking to him he told us that he cannot leave the US any more. He is a target of opportunity to more groups than you can ever imagine that it just is not worth the risk. I would not be surprised if the same were said of many of the SEALs.

12. SignPainterGuy on February 1st, 2012 8:27 pm

That`s my point right there; The good Sgt. Mjr. was exposed somehow, so must limit his movements and forever watch over his shoulders.

13. Miranda on February 2nd, 2012 5:09 am

We should give Al a mop and let him do something useful for a change.
    Maxi Dresses

14. maritn on February 7th, 2012 6:43 am

Personal statement writers

15. edit on March 1st, 2012 5:23 pm

"…Sarah Palin as his running mate to their ultimate defeat in the general election. "
    Interesting movie…
    help writing acv  |  great essays

16. Send flowers Canada on May 29th, 2012 2:43 am

Nice post.Thank you for taking the time to publish this information very useful! I agree with many the points made in this content and how well-researched this appears to be. I truly loved reading your post. Thanks!