The sad part is that If you took out the one Hope & Change naysayer and the couple of mentions of voter disenchantment, you couldn’t tell the difference between this and any run-of-the-mill MSNBC story about Obama’s re-election campaign:

Obama Begs Voters Not To Make His Daughters Switch Schools

(h/t Chicks on the Right)

Comments

46 Responses to “Onion: Re-Elect Obama So the Daughters Don’t Have to Switch Schools Again”

1. SignPainterGuy on February 14th, 2012 1:31 am

No amount of begging or diverted Porkulus funds could get me to vote for pResident Downgrade ! If the girls want to stay in school where they are, ACORN has received plenty of our money; they can pay to keep mom n pop funemployed in DC !

2. dancermommd on February 14th, 2012 9:18 am

Our military families get moved all the time. The kids will adjust the same as any other family that has to move. And those times aren't really critical. They still have plenty of time to make new friends in their new schools. Actually, they probably still have friends from when they lived there before. Stop being a baby!!

3. Misscheryl on February 14th, 2012 12:21 pm

Are you freaking kidding me? No words…simply no words. This doesn't even deserve a serious thought.

4. Dexter_Alarius on February 14th, 2012 12:22 pm

True. My oldest boy went to 7 different schools between 2 foreign countries and 3 different states.

5. TheLiberalMedia on February 14th, 2012 12:35 pm

Way to put your family first.

6. TheLiberalMedia on February 14th, 2012 12:35 pm

You do know the Onion is satire, right?

7. TheLiberalMedia on February 14th, 2012 12:36 pm

Seriouosly, I am starting to think you are a 12 year old girl with all your cutesy nicknames for things. LOL.

8. backwoodsconsr on February 14th, 2012 12:48 pm

Onion is also a good metaphor for all the layers of deceit you have to go through to find the truth when dealing with Obama.

As far as morons go, your moniker is a dead giveaway.

9. Misscheryl on February 14th, 2012 12:54 pm

Sounds just like something that desperate pig in the WH would do. Satire of course, but there has to be some truth or satire doesn't work – MORON

10. Misscheryl on February 14th, 2012 12:55 pm

from someone who believes in killing theirs…hypocrisy of the left knows no bounds.

11. TheLiberalMedia on February 14th, 2012 1:21 pm

Are you referring to abortion? Do you think you know my beleifs on the topic?

If we are pointing out hypocrisy, I would say it sits with you.

12. TheLiberalMedia on February 14th, 2012 1:22 pm

So we should just treat all Onion commentary as if it were truth?

13. Misscheryl on February 14th, 2012 1:38 pm

Bu…bu…but that's what you people do – drink that Obama kool aid. You all take MediaMatters commentary at face value don't cha?

14. Dexter_Alarius on February 14th, 2012 1:39 pm

You've obviously never served in the military. That's okay. I don't mind that you have no appreciation for the sacrifices of military families. We're used to coddled ingrates like yourself.

FYI, though, a few of those school changes were going from kindergarten to elementary school, from elementary to middle school, and from middle school to high school, each within the same location.

15. Misscheryl on February 14th, 2012 1:40 pm

Nor do you know anything about Dexter but by all means remove all doubt of your stupidity and comment as you see fit…I thought you "liberals" believed in liberty – is that why you are so judgmental about every view that opposes your own..re" "way to put your family first." Please expound on this judgmental comment – liberals think they are the morality police…

16. Misscheryl on February 14th, 2012 1:46 pm

Seriously? Really? Seriously?

17. Misscheryl on February 14th, 2012 1:48 pm

I'm an Air Force brat, but I think all military should be judged by the standards theliberalmediafool puts out there. Anyone who serves in the military doesn't put their children first….so says this clown.

18. backwoodsconsr on February 14th, 2012 2:06 pm

I've met SPG. He's a lot older than 12 and much too ugly to be a girl.

19. TheLiberalMedia on February 14th, 2012 2:40 pm

So you, as a conservative, are telling me that liberals think they are the morality police? Am I getting that right? Values voter?

20. TheLiberalMedia on February 14th, 2012 2:42 pm

Actually no, we don't. There is no Fox News/Rush like entity on the left. We actually are capable of our own thoughts. We can read too.

21. Misscheryl on February 14th, 2012 2:51 pm

How do you know if I'm a conservative?

"values voter" and "Do you think you know my beleifs (sic) on the topic?" Gee, where could I have gotten these statements?

22. Misscheryl on February 14th, 2012 2:51 pm

mmmkay – cause you say so…

23. Misscheryl on February 14th, 2012 2:55 pm

Thanks Doug – this really struck a nerve with the liberals, the truth hurts I guess. They don't like it when conservatives play by their rules.

24. Truesoldier__ on February 14th, 2012 3:20 pm

I guess you have never heard of Air America (liberal talk radio) or MSNBC. Then again with their low ratings you may not have ever heard of them.

25. Truesoldier__ on February 14th, 2012 3:27 pm

Yes. Of course you realize that Satire is the use or sarcasm to ridicule human folly or vice. In otherwords, you take something that could be true and exaggerate it to the point of ridicule to make a point.

26. Truesoldier__ on February 14th, 2012 3:31 pm

Those of us who have served in the military are used to liberals disdaining and judging us while we defend your right to make moronic statements like that.

27. Truesoldier__ on February 14th, 2012 3:35 pm

Congratulations Doug! You know your site is successful when you start having the liberal trolls show up.

28. SignPainterGuy on February 14th, 2012 3:44 pm

Unlike the past 12 yrs of false claims and lies from the msm and brainwashed libidiots, my "nicknames" fit quite appropriately and accurately !!

I STILL don`t believe The Liberal Media OR TheLiberalMedia !!

29. Granny55 on February 14th, 2012 3:45 pm

Ummm isn't the Onion a sattirical sight??? It's a spoof.

30. SignPainterGuy on February 14th, 2012 3:52 pm

Airhead America w/ Al "Not Funny" Frankin and MSNBCbs which is being moved closer to the dem / dhimmi point of view !

Ah yes, the "pillars of truth" !

31. SignPainterGuy on February 14th, 2012 4:25 pm

Come on Misscheryl, you ooze and drip Conservativism ! :-)

32. TheLiberalMedia on February 14th, 2012 6:43 pm

that is horsecrap and you know it. The left actually cares for your well being. The right uses you as a pawn and then discards you.

33. TheLiberalMedia on February 14th, 2012 6:44 pm

you aren't even making any sense.

34. TheLiberalMedia on February 14th, 2012 6:45 pm

You defeat your own point. Liberals don't listen or watch en masse. We don't group think. that is a right wing crutch.

35. Truesoldier__ on February 14th, 2012 7:00 pm

So that is why the left calls us baby killers and says things like we are killing innocent women in children in the dead of night, and not to mention your previous judgement of dancermommd and their family (just to poitn to a few examples). Not to mention tries to cut our pay like Clinton did in the 90's. If that is showing how much you all care about us you can keep it.

I have been shown more kindness and compassion from so-called "right wing groups" while serving in the military, so I will take my personal experiences over reassurances from someone I do not know any day.

36. Truesoldier__ on February 14th, 2012 7:01 pm

Tell that to OWS……

37. backwoodsconsr on February 14th, 2012 7:39 pm

Always glad to take up for a friend!

38. backwoodsconsr on February 14th, 2012 7:50 pm

In this case TheLiberalMedicated showed up and made a spoof of itself.

39. SignPainterGuy on February 14th, 2012 8:31 pm

Thank you so much for your service and personal and family sacrifices, I know they must have been many !

You are so right about the left !

40. SignPainterGuy on February 14th, 2012 8:34 pm

You must get out of the cave more often; of course libs do ! It shows in your talking points !

41. SignPainterGuy on February 14th, 2012 8:36 pm

FOX "tries" to be fair and balanced; Rush tells the truth ! You`re right for once; there are no such entities on the left !

42. SignPainterGuy on February 14th, 2012 8:39 pm

Heh, point taken, but in this case I think "mockery" fits better. "Spoofing" requires intelligence !

43. SignPainterGuy on February 14th, 2012 8:40 pm

So good to have a friend ! Happy Valentinians !

44. SignPainterGuy on February 14th, 2012 9:19 pm

Libs absolutely DO think they`re the morality police and the food police and the thought police …..

45. Truesoldier__ on February 14th, 2012 9:29 pm

I know I am. My parents, brothers and sisters are all big Cali libs. When I joined the military I was instantly disowned by the entire family.

No worries though. My wife's family is very Conservative and have treated me like a son since we started datine nearly 17 years ago, so I still have family.

46. SignPainterGuy on February 14th, 2012 9:42 pm

Wow, liberal ideology is thicker than blood; who`da thought it possible ? A shame.

Well, I will pray for their transformation !