Wrong. Rising gas prices mean we’re not drilling and refining our own oil. Rising gas prices means the EPA is kneecapping any efforts at American energy independence. Rising gas prices means the administration isn’t pursuing domestic oil initiatives because they’re convinced they can force everyone to buy Volts and solar panels.

And finally, rising gas prices means we have a president who said in 2008 that high gas prices are a good thing and as such has designed his economic policy to do nothing more than enrich political cronies at the expense of consumers:

*****

Obama likes to blame “demand” when referring to high gas prices, but he conveniently skirts the other side of that same economic coin because he can do something about it but refuses: Supply.

Remember, this tripe is from the same people who brought you “food stamps stimulate the economy” and “extending unemployment will help keep the unemployment rate down.”

When Bush was in office, I don’t recall Democrats saying rising gas prices were a sign of an improving economy, do you? Back then it was because of those two oil men in the White House.

Update: The reason why Obama has no choice but to try to make people believe rising gas prices means the economy is turning around is because he knows gas prices are going to rise a lot more. How many voters will be dumb enough to believe Obama? Hopefully not enough to re-elect him.

Comments

40 Responses to “Obama: Rising Gas Prices Means the Economy is Strengthening”

1. Misscheryl on February 15th, 2012 2:50 pm

Obama: "He had delusions of adequacy." – Walter Kerr

2. Misscheryl on February 15th, 2012 2:51 pm

Only a leftist hack would believe the vomit coming out of Obama's mouth.

3. Truesoldier__ on February 15th, 2012 3:08 pm

Here is a great article about this very subject:

It covers everything from the drilling issues to how the press tied skyrocketing gas prices to Bush 15 times more than it has to Obama.

4. SignPainterGuy on February 15th, 2012 3:11 pm

I have to wonder how Zero thinks were`re gonna climb higher by digging a hole !

5. Granny55 on February 15th, 2012 3:13 pm

Once again the MSM covers for their chosen one. I have heard almost nothing about the high gas prices in the news.

6. Misscheryl on February 15th, 2012 3:19 pm

Or, how about when he says "we need to dig out of this hole." Who digs out of a hole?

7. SignPainterGuy on February 15th, 2012 3:22 pm

Now this is the Reader`s Digest version of posts; so many slap-downs in such a short post ! I love it !

Monday, I took my truck to the dealership for tire rotation. They were busy, so I had plenty of time to kill. I stood looking at a Volt and up walked a salesman. He asked how I was doing; we talked about the weather and neither of us mentioned the Dolt !

A few minutes later though, while admiring a black and black 2012 45th Anniversary Camaro SS w/ short-shift 6 speed and 430 HP, a lovely sales lady twisted my arm and made me test drive it. Until then, I didn`t realize my midlife was in any crisis ! ;-)

8. Truesoldier__ on February 15th, 2012 3:24 pm

The local Chevy dealer in town has had 1 Dolt since day one. If it wasn't for the deatiling crew cleaning it, it would be covered in a thick layer of dust by now.

9. Truesoldier__ on February 15th, 2012 3:25 pm

Quite similiar to the coverage of unemployment numbers. Under Bush 5.6% was considered abysmal. Under Obama 8.3% is considered to be signs the economy is recovering.

10. backwoodsconsr on February 15th, 2012 3:25 pm

Yes, raise the price of gas a little higher so I won't be able to afford to drive to work. That'll really help my bottom line.

Too bad Obama didn't grow up being as enamored of the teachings of Thomas Sowell as he was of Bill Ayers and Jeremiah Wrong.

11. backwoodsconsr on February 15th, 2012 3:28 pm

The last time I bought a vehicle I came away thinking, "You know you're driving an old piece of junk when the salesman doesn't even ask you if you're trading yours in."

12. backwoodsconsr on February 15th, 2012 3:32 pm

The first rule of holes is when you find yourself in one, stop digging. Too bad democrats don't believe in playing by the rules, or even learning them.

13. SignPainterGuy on February 15th, 2012 3:55 pm

Yeah, even when following the rules / telling the truth works so much better !

I have a buddy who hates the direct route; he`ll take shortcuts that double driving distances and time, give you 3 beat-around-the-bush answers instead of the straight one, on and on ! Yep, he`s a dem !

14. SignPainterGuy on February 15th, 2012 3:58 pm

I have a buddy who`s the best horse trader ever. He traded a 2 yr old p/u for a new one and got in trade what he paid for it. No, really ! The salesman was nearly in tears and trembling. I almost felt embarrassment for him !

15. Dexter_Alarius on February 15th, 2012 4:03 pm

LiberalMedia: My ears are burning!

16. backwoodsconsr on February 15th, 2012 4:04 pm

Maybe somebody should tell Obama that if people can't afford to go to work they won't be able to pay taxes. That might get his attention.

17. Dexter_Alarius on February 15th, 2012 4:07 pm

And prices are rising even though demand is down. Just wait until May, people.
    You ain't seen nothing yet.

18. SignPainterGuy on February 15th, 2012 4:09 pm

No, if you`re on funemployment, you`re stimulating the economy ! Nan P said so !

19. Truesoldier__ on February 15th, 2012 5:59 pm

Why wait till May. I saw earlier today that Iran is warning Italy, Spain, France, the Netherlands, Greece and Portugal that if there are any embargoes against Iran, Iran will stop oil shipments to those countries.

20. Marshall_Will on February 15th, 2012 8:36 pm

I used to do that ( when I drove around w/ a tallboy in my lap too? )

21. Marshall_Will on February 15th, 2012 8:42 pm

Any time you get an offer to cruise a classic American Muscle Car w/ a hot chick… ( take it! )

IMHO

22. Marshall_Will on February 15th, 2012 8:49 pm

Sure you meant Bill Errors.

Of course glossing over the REAL reason "gas prices are rising" ( is because Captain Downgrade doesn't realize it's our CURRENCY that's dropping! )

Like Doug says, the Greenest job is NO job at all!

23. Marshall_Will on February 15th, 2012 8:58 pm

Well… can't help but feel a bit of schadenfreude over that?

The other component that pleases me, after 4 + years of turnkey NLAGCGTW, O'Drama now can get a real sense of what it's like to have your hand forced on issues He'd just as soon not confront?

More riots in Athens, Madrid etc., escalating and -proving- before God and everyone His approach leads nowhere… And just in time for elections!?!?

24. SignPainterGuy on February 15th, 2012 8:59 pm

Yessiree Bobbalouie ! :-)

25. SignPainterGuy on February 15th, 2012 9:08 pm

The dems have been unable to help themselves; showing their true colors and intentions for all to see and hear. I`ve been thanking GOD for that often over the last year !

26. Truesoldier on February 15th, 2012 9:59 pm

My first car was a 1968 Dodge Charger. I was the second owner (the first being my Grandfather). My wife and I used to go for drives in it all the time (did I mention she is truly hot enough to be a model?). The car is sadly gone (just couldn't afford the repairs anymore) but my wife and I still go out for a good drive now and then.

27. Pasadena Phil on February 15th, 2012 10:18 pm

Obama also chose to drop in on a Master Lock factory. Apparently, the padlock business is booming.just like the gun, ammo, emergency survival and other businesses you would expect to be booming in a country fearing an apocalyptic economic collapse.

28. Truesoldier__ on February 15th, 2012 10:23 pm

I guess those are the few industries he can actually take credit for causing an economic upturn in.

29. SignPainterGuy on February 15th, 2012 10:59 pm

Are you saying she makes any ol` car look good ? ;-)

30. Marshall_Will on February 15th, 2012 11:03 pm

Right, 'someone' has to make sure all those FORECLOSURES are secure!

31. SignPainterGuy on February 15th, 2012 11:09 pm

If you particularly prefer Master Locks, I`d suggest you buy them up now before pRes. Downgrade`s "reverse Midas touch" takes full effect. You know it will !

The question becomes, which other lock mfr. will become the top seller then !?

32. ChapBix on February 16th, 2012 12:02 am

Reminds me of the proverb that says dogs (leftists) return to their vomit.

33. Marshall_Will on February 16th, 2012 1:47 am

NK, I've felt like a rope salesman all damned year? And I'm giving discounts for VOLUME..!

34. Truesoldier__ on February 16th, 2012 5:23 pm

Yep and makes people wonder what the hell she is doing with me…lol

35. Truesoldier__ on February 16th, 2012 5:25 pm

No kidding. I would not be surprised when President Downgrade discovers that "rich" people use padlocks to secure items he will call that unfair and mandate that all future padlocks have the combination stenciled on the back of the lock so as to allow everyone to get their fair share of stuff.

36. SignPainterGuy on February 16th, 2012 8:37 pm

Hmm, combination or the key on a string in easy reach !

37. SignPainterGuy on February 16th, 2012 8:53 pm

It does have a way of makin` ya want to keep the ol` Ford shined up !

38. Michelle Malkin » Obama to Speak About Gas Prices Thursday on February 22nd, 2012 2:23 am

[...] speech in 50 words or less: “Payroll tax cut to help families cover rising fuel cost. Sign of economic recovery. Increase domestic energy sources while being sensitive to the environment. No quick fixes. Buy [...]

39. Michelle Malkin » Obama to Speak About Gas Prices Thursday on February 22nd, 2012 8:09 am

[...] 50 words: “Payroll tax cut to help families cover the rising fuel cost that’s a sign of economic recovery. Increase domestic energy output tempered by environmental sensitivity. No quick fixes. Buy Chevy [...]

40. Obama to Speak About Gas Prices Thursday | Conservatives for America on February 22nd, 2012 8:48 am