I don’t know why the left keeps harping about how insurance is a “right” that should be free, especially when so many of them aren’t paying for it anyway:

The Rev. Al Sharpton tried to move heaven and earth yesterday to keep his SUV from being towed at La Guardia Airport — but no amount of preaching could stop Port Authority cops from impounding the vehicle.

An officer rolled up on the 2008 Lincoln Navigator at around 2 p.m. outside the Delta and US Airways terminal as the MSNBC host’s driver waited to pick him up in a clearly marked “no standing” zone, said PA Police spokesman Al Della Fave.

PAPD cop Oscar Ruiz asked the driver for his paperwork and quickly discovered that the SUV had a suspended registration “due to lack of insurance,” the spokesman said.

At that point, Sharpton emerged from the terminal after a flight from Washington, DC, and raised holy hell over the situation.

“He begins yelling, saying the cop was just doing this because of who he was,” a source said.

“Sharpton was adamant there was insurance,” the source said. “He said he was on the phone with his lawyer, and he told the driver not to give the officer his keys.”

But the driver ignored his boss and turned over the keys to the cop — who issued the vehicle three summonses for illegal parking, lack of insurance and suspended registration.

So it’s confirmed… Al Sharpton is not buying auto insurance with the the money he saves not paying back taxes.

Sharpton wouldn’t have these problems if the Republicans would stop eating all the damn blueberry pie:

(h/t Weasel Zippers)

Comments

15 Responses to “Resist Car Insurance We Much: Al Sharpton’s SUV Impounded at La Guardia”

1. Marshall_Will on February 17th, 2012 5:20 pm

So… basically the guy is a joke across the board.

As an aspiring leftist elitist, will he even address this on his show? Doubt it. This is what these people THINK of us! God love the issuing officer. Hope he gets a promotion for (gasp!) non-selective enforcement of the law in The Age of Obama.

He can afford an atty. on retainers but can't swing the monthly for CAR insurance! But I'll bet he has ample "asset protection" insurance in case he gets his azz sued off. Nice find Doug.

2. Granny55 on February 17th, 2012 5:38 pm

He will address this on his show if he can call the cop a racist. Then perhaps they can all go to the White House for an apology fueled love fest with Duh One and slug down a couple brewskis.

3. backwoodsconsr on February 17th, 2012 5:48 pm

Al not-Sharpton

4. Truesoldier__ on February 17th, 2012 6:03 pm

My thoughts exactly. He may even get Obama to say that the cop "acted stupidly".

5. Misscheryl on February 17th, 2012 6:07 pm

For some reason my post won't show up….

6. Dexter_Alarius on February 17th, 2012 6:11 pm

He should have issued a citation to Big Al for being a public nuisance and interfering with the duties of a law enforcement officer. While the vehicle is impounded, they should let the drug dogs check it out.

7. backwoodsconsr on February 17th, 2012 6:13 pm

Al doesn't need drugs. He's dopey enough already.

8. Jimbo on February 17th, 2012 6:44 pm

Notice how he pressures his driver to break the law. Way to hassle the little man, you batsh*t hypocrite.

9. Marshall_Will on February 17th, 2012 6:52 pm

Dex,

Good point. I'm sure there's an obstruction statute that applies. Like Peggy the Moocher, Al figured with Bammie Co. running things from here on out all of his bills and worries would be taken care of!

Now think of all the formerly employed and otherwise law abiding American citizens out there absolutely cringing every time they get in their car to look for work w/ expired registration!?

The man's a walking insult.

10. SignPainterGuy on February 17th, 2012 8:41 pm

Proof positive Al is a Charlatan !

11. SignPainterGuy on February 17th, 2012 8:42 pm

Obama: Al who ?

12. SignPainterGuy on February 17th, 2012 8:52 pm

In NC, within 30 days of your insurance expiration, a DMV Enforcement officer will visit you, at home or at work, and confiscate your tag. It depends on your attitude toward him how much more he does (impounding the car, etc.).

I lost my ins. during the Clinton yrs and got a visit by Mr. DMV. I used my own screwdriver, removed the tag, wiped off the dirt and handed it too him and explained my slow work situation. We talked for over 15 mins. As he was leaving, we shook hands and he said, "I`m glad I met you. So many people will meet me with gun in hand when I show up to take their tag!"

Al`s mouth brought on the impoundment !

13. backwoodsconsr on February 17th, 2012 9:02 pm

Yes, but you'll never get him to believe it.

14. SignPainterGuy on February 18th, 2012 2:29 am

"Resist Car Insurance We Much: … ", Oh, I love it ! HAMMER this jackass with it !

15. Used Nissan Serena on July 18th, 2012 8:16 am

Car is no more a luxury it is a necessity, therefore when everybody owns one they should better know how to maintain it instead of wasting money at the garages for minor issues, I prefer to read such posts on blogs which are informative and gives you awareness about automotive industry.