Anybody watch the debate last night? I had it on but was otherwise too busy to blog about it. My favorite moments are often when Newt Gingrich slams the MSM for their Obama bias by bringing up the things that weren’t worth mentioning in the 2008 Dem debates vs. what’s newsworthy enough to be considered a “controversy” in 2012 GOP debates.

Gingrich had another good moment last night:

Somewhat related: The WSJ’s James Taranto noticed something funny about the media’s religious coverage — what’s a “big deal” in 2012 vs. what earned a collective MSM yawn in 2008:

Comments

32 Responses to “Newt Whacks MSM Again”

1. Misscheryl on February 23rd, 2012 12:09 pm

Newt slamming the msm about Obama stand on legal infantcide was the highlight. Romney and Santorum were painful to listen to. I turned it off.

2. backwoodsconsr on February 23rd, 2012 12:47 pm

I watched it. Mitt, Newt, and Santorum all had some good moments. Ron Paul was downright creepy at times. I think Santorum soared when he talked about improving our culture. I can't remember his exact words, but he said something about, "Just because I'm in favor of something, doesn't mean I want a government program to make it happen. That's what they do."

They all had their less than stellar moments too, but overall I found the dabate quite entertaining.

3. clu seatoe on February 23rd, 2012 2:31 pm

I’m not sure what is or is not to “believe in” with regard to birth control. If the question is for “approval” or “approve of” vs. “disapprove” then ask that question, but it won’t change my vote.

I was for Newt and am now for Santorum so am I a “flip flopper” or do we have the freedom to take in new information and form new conclusions as time passes and amend my choices accordingly? I always thought that was called “learning” so why shouldn’t someone in the arena of politics be accorded the same freedom?

That is, of course, if my political choice comes to the same conclusions as I do. Otherwise he’s a low-life “flip flopper”.

4. Granny55 on February 23rd, 2012 3:15 pm

I know he would think it is beneath his credentials – but Newt would make a great press secretary.

5. SignPainterGuy on February 23rd, 2012 3:27 pm

You`re on to something ! Newt could be the best PS EVUH ! He could smack down the stupid reporters like none other before him ! Now THAT would be entertaining !

6. SignPainterGuy on February 23rd, 2012 3:29 pm

You`re right; we should All be learning !

7. SignPainterGuy on February 23rd, 2012 3:32 pm

The Rick and Mitt cat fight was the second low for me, except that I thought Rick finally won. The lowlight was Paul`s, "We`re in all these wars ….." diatribe !

It got better Misscheryl !

8. Truesoldier__ on February 23rd, 2012 3:35 pm

Totally agree. It would make the press briefings worth watching.

9. SignPainterGuy on February 23rd, 2012 3:36 pm

I despise the way John King played "Tingles" Matthews bit of adding to and reframing the audience questions ! Better than Geo. Stephenawfulus, though.

10. SignPainterGuy on February 23rd, 2012 3:41 pm

I have to wonder, are many on the left watching these debates broadcast from msm venues ? You know they`d be wearing garlic necklaces to watch one on FOX !

11. Truesoldier__ on February 23rd, 2012 3:48 pm

Doubt they are when they can get the play by play spin on MSNBC the next day.

12. SignPainterGuy on February 23rd, 2012 3:54 pm

I have to wonder about that, given the viewer numbers for pMSNBCbs !

I agree though, they`re getting their spin from somewhere, not watching for themselves !

I can`t say, in all honesty, that I`d be watching dem debates !

13. SignPainterGuy on February 23rd, 2012 4:04 pm

The cat fights were aggravating to see, the msm must love it, but I was glad to see 3 are well up on the Middle East, except when Mitt said we should enlist the aid of Saudi Arabia and Turkey to arm and support the ouster of Syria`s Assad. I think he`s a bit too trusting and hopeful towards those two countries.

Paul continues to fail to recognize the dangers of islam to the world !

14. Truesoldier__ on February 23rd, 2012 4:05 pm

I did watch during the 2008 election. I wanted to see just exactly we would be up against.

15. Truesoldier__ on February 23rd, 2012 4:06 pm

Not to mention too trustful of what might replace Assad.

16. SignPainterGuy on February 23rd, 2012 4:45 pm

I can`t remember watching much, if any. I knew it would be Bush bashing, spin and lies, so I avoided it. Was I off much ?

17. Truesoldier__ on February 23rd, 2012 4:55 pm

Not too much. About the only time it really got interesting was when Hillary hit Obama over some of his past and the moderator had a look like "you can't ask him that he is a minority"

18. SignPainterGuy on February 23rd, 2012 5:03 pm

Ah yes, the "forbidden territory" ! I couldn`t remember exactly what it was that Shrillary did.

What I knew was, either Zero or Shrillary would get the nod and both were very bad news ! I recognized early on that Obama, being black and articulate(ish) was most likely gonna get it. It was the perfect time to put a dem black man in; he almost couldn`t lose ! The perfect storm !

19. SignPainterGuy on February 23rd, 2012 5:47 pm

So very true !! I could see Tony`s face, but couldn`t bring his name to bear !

I`ll compromise with you and say, "One of the two best EVUH !" Howzat ?

20. backwoodsconsr on February 23rd, 2012 5:52 pm

Having Newt up there would definitely be interesting.

21. SignPainterGuy on February 23rd, 2012 6:07 pm

I`m goin` out on a limb here and say that, at least for a time, his press briefings would be the most viewed evuh !

22. backwoodsconsr on February 23rd, 2012 6:11 pm

The press conferences I loved watching the most were Donald Rumsfeld's. I would love to match wits with that man, even though I know I would probably lose.

23. SignPainterGuy on February 23rd, 2012 6:17 pm

His PCs WERE always interesting. The press always tried to call him out / trip him up, but he was great at serving them shoe leather ….. AND the press afterwards was usually apoplectic !

BTW, you didn`t strike me as one who`d enjoy spankings ! ;-)

24. backwoodsconsr on February 23rd, 2012 6:33 pm

I once saw an editorial comic titled "Must Watch TV". A woman was sitting on the couch in front of the TV. She had her head turned and was saying, "Honey! Get in here! It's a Donald Rumsfeld press conference!"

As to what I said about I would probably lose to him in a battle of wits, there are not many people I would say that about.

25. Truesoldier__ on February 23rd, 2012 6:36 pm

Those were some pretty good press conferences. He was not afraid to challenge the press and half the time the press was to busy peeing their pants to push an issue.

26. Truesoldier__ on February 23rd, 2012 6:37 pm

Of course the Bolton PC's were pretty good as well. It was always fun watching him tweek the left both in America and at the UN.

27. SignPainterGuy on February 23rd, 2012 8:55 pm

Yes indeed; I`d like to see Bolton high in the coming admin.

28. SignPainterGuy on February 23rd, 2012 8:56 pm

I remember that one ! It WAS "Must See TV" !

29. backwoodsconsr on February 23rd, 2012 9:11 pm
  30. The Zoo Keeper on February 23rd, 2012 9:16 pm

Not a huge fan of Newt, but he sure knows how to "Newter" the mainstream media.

31. Truesoldier__ on February 23rd, 2012 11:36 pm

Secretary of State would be a perfect cabinet posting. The only sad thing is I doubt it will happen as I do not see the GOP gaining a 60 seat super majority in the senate, so you know the D's would fillibuster him once again.

32. SignPainterGuy on February 23rd, 2012 11:52 pm

Then we`ll just have to pray for the Super Majority" !

Bolton as SofS would be great; he could tell off the UN better in that post than merely as Ambassador to the UN !