Most of the “stars” at this year’s Academy Awards were curiously shy about talking politics. Why? Could it be that in the past few years they’ve gotten exactly what they begged for and now realize it ain’t so great?

PETA activist James Cromwell and uber hypocrite Michael Moore didn’t disappoint, however.

I’m partial to the actress whose response to the gas price question was “they’re way higher in Europe, I can tell you.” Obama should adopt that as a talking point and see how it works out:

(h/t Big Hollywood)

Comments

15 Responses to “Celebs Didn’t Want to Talk Politics at the Oscars?”

1. backwoodsconsr on February 28th, 2012 12:09 pm

Obama's only defense of his policies is to claim that things would have been better without them, so he might very well use the little point about gas prices being higher in Europe.

There may be a glimmer of hope here. The notion politicians have that they have to act like Democrats to get elected needs to be gotten rid of. Acting like Democrats should be the kiss of death.

2. Misscheryl on February 28th, 2012 12:27 pm

That's the excuse of the left "they're way higher in Europe, so shut up and eat your peas." Unless of course a republican is in office, then they want his head.

3. SignPainterGuy on February 28th, 2012 1:15 pm

What a difference a few years and the party in charge makes !

I`m thinking of Cheech and Chong from the `70s: "Tired of the steady drip, drip, drip of irony ? Time to call Political Rooter !"

4. Dexter_Alarius on February 28th, 2012 1:21 pm

“they’re way higher in Europe…"

Except for Willie Nelson, of course.

5. Truesoldier__ on February 28th, 2012 1:22 pm

Considering the political stances of most California liberals is driving the entertainment industry out of California and the continually sagging poll numbers of their chosen Mesiah, I am not too surprised that many stars decided not to talk politics.

6. SignPainterGuy on February 28th, 2012 1:41 pm

And it only took them what, 10 or 11 years to begin to get a clue ?

7. Truesoldier__ on February 28th, 2012 1:47 pm

For many of the Hollywood types that would be considered a rapid learning curve.

8. clu seatoe on February 28th, 2012 2:30 pm

Remember what grandma used to say:

“If you can’t say anything nice (about your candidate), don’t say anything at all.”

They’re all wishing they could’ve thought of at least ONE something to say.

9. backwoodsconsr on February 28th, 2012 2:52 pm

The little clip from John Wayne was perfectly positioned. Funniest part of the whole video.

10. Granny55 on February 28th, 2012 2:56 pm

O/T – but I see Urkel is going to be on Dancing With the Stars. Oh, I'm sorry. The real Urkel is dancing on the show. I thought Ozero was looking for some more props after his singing gigs.

11. SignPainterGuy on February 28th, 2012 3:08 pm

I saw that earlier and thought, "Oh gee, there`s 3 of `em !"

12. Marshall_Will on February 28th, 2012 10:20 pm

Perzactly. Not only did the Professional Left not want to discuss political matters, clearly they were visibly uncomfortable even considering it. If I were Obama ( oh, excuse me, NOT Obama "The President of the United States"! ) I'd be very VERY worried!

Only reluctant, guarded 'support'. Now all we need is a H'wood video series on what they intend to do after Nov. to get the country BACK on track! Maybe when Demi gets out of re-hab..?

13. Fuzzlenutter on February 29th, 2012 11:47 am

I checked out the list of "Celebrity Vegetarians" and was a bit surprised to see Geezer Butler there, but the rest of the list is pretty much what I'd expect.

And I've got one question for Forest Whitaker:

If you're really a vegetarian, how come you're still such a fat f*ck?

14. Doug on February 29th, 2012 11:59 am

Geezer gave up meat when he saw Ozzie bite the head off a bat.

15. korean t shirts on December 6th, 2012 5:35 am

maybe they just dont want to rant about it..Some dont want to expect too..