Did Rush Limbaugh get elected to Congress and I missed it? Democrats seem to think so.

First the set-up:

Democratic lawmakers appealed to House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) on Thursday for Republicans to rebuke conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh after he called a Georgetown University law student a “slut” and a “prostitute.”

Limbaugh came under fire from Democrats on Wednesday after he attacked the student, Sandra Fluke, for her testimony in a hearing about President Obama’s contraception mandate. He stood by those comments on Thursday’s show…

Do Dems have to take Rush’s bait every time? I guess they do.

I found this part hilarious:

This kind of direct attack on a private citizen is unacceptable,” the Democrats’ letter stated. “Mr. Limbaugh is as free as any American to speak his mind about the political and social issues of our time, but using his radio show as a means for blatantly insulting a hard-working American with obscene and indecent language because he disagrees with her personal choices is an abuse of the public airwaves.”

A “direct attack on a private citizen” is unacceptable? That from the people who haul corporate executives in front of them on a regular basis in order to bash them publicly for the crime of having worked hard and made money, and have in their ranks congressional leaders who have referred to the Tea Party — hard working private citizens concerned about the country their kids will inherit — as swastika carrying Nazis and highly dangerous individuals?

Boehner’s response to these Dems should be “bite me.”

As for the “somebody else should pay for my birth control” woman, my thoughts on contraception boils down to two choices (and what good liberal isn’t pro-choice?): If a woman can’t afford it, A) Tell the guy he has to pay for it, or B) If he won’t pay for it, don’t have sex.

I know, I know… personal responsibility is sooo old fashioned.

Update: Good question, by way of Twitter:

Update II: President Obama is focused like a laser on jobs and is in no way attempting to take advantage of the situation.

Update III: The White House, sensing this situation was in dire need of more humor, would like to remind you that Fluke’s name is pronounced “Fluck.” I kid you not.

Comments

23 Responses to “Dems Ask Boehner to Rebuke Limbaugh”

1. Granny55 on March 2nd, 2012 12:42 pm

I am still waiting for my apology from the dems for calling me everything but a white woman. Crickets!!!

If Boehner even responds to this – he should be kicked out of office immediately.

2. Konrad on March 2nd, 2012 12:53 pm

So Democrats will soon denounce John Stewart using The Daily Show to deliver similar crude jokes?

3. Obama bin Biden on March 2nd, 2012 1:22 pm

It's like fishing in a paint bucket with the left.

4. backwoodsconsr on March 2nd, 2012 1:47 pm

I'm confused. Who is it that controls everything that happens in this country, Rush Limbaugh or George Bush?

5. Dale on March 2nd, 2012 1:49 pm

In my college days, I wish I knew that women law students needed $1,000 per year for birth control. I would have spent my free time waiting for the women to come out of contracts class instead of finding chicks at the bar.

6. Truesoldier__ on March 2nd, 2012 2:03 pm

So I take it Nancy Pelosi (who was speaker of the house at the time) took to the house floor to rebuke David Letterman over his comments about Willow Palin (age 14) when he said "One awkward moment for Sarah Palin at the Yankee game, during the seventh inning, her daughter was knocked up by Alex Rodriguez."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,525724,00.htm

7. Pasadena Phil on March 2nd, 2012 2:07 pm

Boehner should respond with "Release those Breitbart tapes! You want to have a real conversation? Release those tapes!"

Of course, out of a sense of comity, no one in the "conservative" media will report it not that Breitbart is gone.

8. Misscheryl on March 2nd, 2012 2:37 pm

Boehner will be rebuking Limbaugh in 3..2..1..

9. SignPainterGuy on March 2nd, 2012 3:22 pm

10. SignPainterGuy on March 2nd, 2012 3:24 pm

I won`t be surprised ! And if he DOES, he`ll have a tear in his eye !

11. SignPainterGuy on March 2nd, 2012 3:28 pm

Rush spent 2 days of his show on "Miss Pay Me For Sex". He called her a slut and a prostitute and figured that must make us taxpayers who she expected to pay for her contraception, "pimps". I thought THAT was an error. Pimps are the bosses who get paid by the prostitutes. I figured we would be more like "Sugar Daddies" ! But like Rush, we should expect something in return !

12. Misscheryl on March 2nd, 2012 3:43 pm

This country is one big middle school. Women shouldn't act like sluts if they don't want people to call them that.

13. joyannaadams on March 2nd, 2012 4:18 pm

EXCELLENT Mr. Powers.

I say we sent MS Fluke to Bill Clinton right away…she evidently can't get any birth control…Chelsea needs a sibbling.

Rush is the best! Getting all those commies screaming…in Congress. I'm tired of calling them Liberals.

14. Misscheryl on March 2nd, 2012 7:19 pm

I had to read this 3 times to make sure I read it right…this from the Fox News web page article:

"House Speaker John Boehner's office earlier in the day scolded Limbaugh. Though Boehner opposes the mandate, spokesman Michael Steel said in a statement that "the speaker obviously believes the use of those words was inappropriate" — in reference to Limbaugh's remarks. "

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/03/02/dems-u

Can you fluken believe it?

15. Misscheryl on March 2nd, 2012 7:31 pm

We should have a separate thread to post all of the incidents where the left has made hateful, vile comments regarding conservative women and the left did nothing about it. Like calling Laura Ingram a slut.. Every comment should be brought to light and recounted.

16. SignPainterGuy on March 2nd, 2012 7:31 pm

I guess we`re equally appalled by the obedience of our (r) legislators to bend over and comply with the lib`s demands to be wusses and traitors to our causes and precisely what we put them in office to do !

I find I`m most surprised when our (r) reps actually display a spine !

17. Granny55 on March 2nd, 2012 7:32 pm

And here we go – a columnist at the Detroit Free Press calling for a boycott of sponsors for Rush's show. Oh the outrage! Yet Bill Marh can call Sarah Palin every name in the book and donate $1 million to Zero's campaign and no one says a word.

18. SignPainterGuy on March 2nd, 2012 7:40 pm

My local talk radio station`s local guy comes on right after Rush. He began his show today with a story of a Lib listener came into the station and DEMANDED that they take Rush off their schedule ! The entire show (3: til 6:) so far has been about Rush`s comments and lib reactions and over-reactions to it !

19. Jimbo on March 2nd, 2012 7:47 pm

This woman isn't a slut. Sluts pay for their own contraceptives.

20. SignPainterGuy on March 2nd, 2012 7:48 pm

Re: the WH gave the proper pronunciation as "Fluck"; I think it is actually "Flook" as in F-look here, f-look at that …. WHAT …. EVER !!

As far as I`m concerned, she`s a Flake ! A useful, airhead tool ! As soon as her usefulness is complete in the zeal for more gov. control and the dismantling of our moral values, she`ll be thrown under the bus …… or just thrown away !

21. Granny55 on March 2nd, 2012 7:53 pm

Boehner needs to go.

22. SignPainterGuy on March 2nd, 2012 7:57 pm

A caller into the local talk show just now pointed out that at least Rush didn`t call the sexual rights activist a "fornicateress" !

Oh, Rush DID lose a sponsor today ….. a mattress maker ….. You just can`t make this stuff up !

23. The difference between sluts and whores » Cold Fury on March 3rd, 2012 12:51 pm

[...] the full official weight of Congress to do the same is perfectly acceptable, of course. Doug Powers says: A “direct attack on a private citizen” is unacceptable? That from the people who haul [...]