Seriously, can a “Slut Summit” at the White House be far behind?

On Friday, Sandra Fluke got a phone call from the president, and surprisingly enough that president was not Bill Clinton.

These people are so theatrical that it’s hard to believe the Obama presidency wasn’t scripted by Andrew Lloyd Webber:

President Barack Obama on Friday phoned the Georgetown University law student who was called a “slut” by Rush Limbaugh to find out if she is OK.

“He encouraged me and supported me and thanked me for speaking out about the concerns of American women,” Sandra Fluke, a third-year law student said. “And what was really personal for me was that he said to tell my parents that they should be proud. And that meant a lot because Rush Limbaugh questioned whether or not my family would be proud of me. So I just appreciated that very much.”

Amazing what Obama thinks parents should be “proud” of, isn’t it? Call me crazy, but if my daughter was in college and appeared before Congress to say that it’s everybody’s responsibility except hers to pay so she can have promiscuous sex without being punished with a baby, “proud” isn’t the word that comes to mind.

This Fluke woman is going to be a constant source of attempted distraction for Team Obama right up until the election as The One will remain desperate to talk about anything except, well, the results of his presidency. As for Limbaugh, I’m sure he’ll appreciate the extra listeners, because it will make more people tune in. If the left really wants to disappoint Rush, they should stop caring about what he says.

Remember that when Team Obama calls Fluke a “college coed,” they’re referring to a 30 year old women’s rights activist who apparently can’t afford $9 a month for birth control. Of course, this flap has nothing to do with birth control in the preventative conceptional sense.

So when does Sarah Palin get a call from Obama because Bill Maher called her a “dumb tw*t”? Wait, Maher’s a million dollar Obama supporter — nevermind.

Update: Mark Levin puts Obama in perspective: The President calls to console Sandra Fluke, but did he ever call the parents of Brian Terry?

Update II: Limbaugh apologizes to Fluke for his choice of words. The left will pop the cork to celebrate the “shock & awe” effect of their orchestrated advertiser boycott, but I think what did it was that maybe Rush realized his mockery was directed at the symptom and not the disease — a fact he seems to note in his apology.

The apology went a little like this:

(h/t Sister Toldjah)

Comments

14 Responses to “Sandra Fluke Gets a Phone Call from the President, America Temporarily Distracted From Gas Prices, Unemployment, Debt, Obamacare & Failed Stimulus; Update: Rush Apologizes to Fluke

1. maladroit on March 3rd, 2012 1:04 pm

Doug,
    Fluke is a FLUKE!
    She's not 23 — she's 30 yrs old and an leftie activist moonbat. http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/03/stunner-g

2. cdl on March 3rd, 2012 1:21 pm

If she's going to Law School isn't she probably a member of the 1%?

The left are so stupid.

3. patti on March 3rd, 2012 1:26 pm

…Among the myriad problems this creates, not the least of which include the government's encroachment on rights of conscience and religious freedom, is that it sets Planned Parenthood up to use their billion-dollar net worth to try to get President Obama re-elected in 2012.
    In other words, it's cyclical. These aspects of the culture of death feed upon themselves.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/03/president_

The mandate is a rallying cry for all those who love the culture of death. But it has also become a rallying cry for those who oppose it.

4. Marshall_Will on March 3rd, 2012 1:48 pm

Going to school until you're in your mid-30's ( and wanting someone 'else' to PAY for it! ) has become standard for the Professional Left. No one has done more to cheapen a college education than TPL.

5. Marshall_Will on March 3rd, 2012 1:51 pm

"not the least of which include the government's encroachment on rights of conscience and religious freedom"

Right, oh and feel free to spin away El pResidente! For those of us that haven't already filed this appropriately ( as has Doug! ) let us know how critical an issue this is when your Unemployment runs out after your 4th extension?

6. The difference between sluts and whores » Cold Fury on March 3rd, 2012 1:59 pm

[...] More Powers to ya: Amazing what Obama thinks parents should be “proud” of, isn’t it? Call me crazy, but [...]

7. SignPainterGuy on March 3rd, 2012 2:34 pm

Rush posited a few yrs back that the best way for an up and coming journalist to make a name for himself was to pick an important person and destroy him / her. I wonder if that works for law students as well ?!

Once again, BO supports and encourages the wrong side !

8. patti on March 3rd, 2012 2:54 pm

Something missing from Georgetown Law’s condemnation

Two hundred fifty Georgetown University Law Center (the name of the law school) faculty, staff and students signed the following statement.

Here’s what was missing:

9. SignPainterGuy on March 3rd, 2012 4:08 pm

Isn`t it fascinating how the left sees so many "one way streets" ? Oh, how I wish the left would take one of those one way streets straight outta town and right off a short pier !

Just like libs are libs first, foremost and always, attorneys are attorneys, so often earning our disrespect. Not even the connection to a Christian institution is enough to assure that an attorney will "believe" in what`s right, much less "do" what`s right !

10. Granny55 on March 3rd, 2012 9:51 pm

This sums it up for me thanks to "Bang Out Of Order" at Jammie Wearing Fools.

Been a little behind in this issue, but here’s what I gather:

So a 23-year-old “co-ed” — errrrrr, 30-year-old liberal activist — knew of Georgetown’s policy rejecting socialized contraception (making the rest of the student body of the Catholic school pay — through higher student fees — for her birth-control, which is against the Catholic doctrine). Rather than simply going to another school, she set about undermining Georgetown so that it conformed to her sensibilities and benefited her pocketbook.

So when the Democrats sought to expand the scope of her intolerance of Catholic doctrine to the entire federal government, she became their poster child — errrrrrr, 30-year-old woman — as someone who can afford to go to Georgetown Law and live in Washington (and probably have an iPhone and a iPad2 with unlimited data plans and fabulous clothes and shoes) but cannot afford the thousands and thousands of dollars of (presumably gold-plated) birth-control pills she desires.

All so the media can run with: Republicans Hate Women! again?

Hmmm. Well, I’ll give them this: I’m pretty sure I would hate this freeloading rabble-rouser Fluke.

Granny 55 still thinks she is a slut and Rush should have stood by his statements.

11. SignPainterGuy on March 3rd, 2012 10:35 pm

+1000, Granny ! Rush should never have apologized ! He spent 3 days+ wearing out this issue, covered it extremely well and all in all, did nothing but recognize that this pot is in fact, black !

I`d like to see / hear Rush point out who the advertisers were who bailed and point out that they did so because some people can`t stand the truth !

Yeah, I know; his contract with them probably forbids precisely that !

12. ChapBix on March 5th, 2012 11:16 am

I appreciate your thoughtfulness and concise posts, Patty. A job well-done! Looking forward to seeing more of your posts.

13. ChapBix on March 5th, 2012 11:21 am

Sometimes advertisers quietly return when the scrutiny is off and the rabblerousers have moved on. I suspect Rush is leaving the door open to their return. in the future.

14. fred on March 5th, 2012 9:39 pm

Law student, eh? Started thinking about that future job yet? May I make a suggestion? Check out JD Match in between the papers and exams. I work with JD Match and it’s a great step for any law student looking for an AmLaw firm job and a little weight off their shoulders. http://bit.ly/AlL6vG