What does she mean “after a while”?

First lady Michelle Obama joked that the first family will be campaigning so much in North Carolina that the state will become tired of them before the campaign is over.

“So it’s going to be fun,” she told about 450 people Friday night at a fund raiser at the Ballantyne hotel in Charlotte. “ We are looking forward to it. It’s going to be exciting. You will be sick of us after a while.’

“No” responded the audience.

Replied the First lady: “Well, wait until the traffic starts. (laughter) Wait until you got the President’s motorcade, First Lady’s motorcade, First Children’s motorcade — (laughter.) You’ve got grandma here, the Vice President — you’ll be like, ‘Is it over yet?”

I couldn’t agree more with that last part.

And this:

She was introduced on the stage to Bruce Springsteen’s “We Take Care of Our Own.”

Homeless brother-in-law unavailable for comment.

(h/t Weasel Zippers)

Comments

15 Responses to “FLOTUS: You’ll Be Sick of Us After a While”

1. Dandapani on March 4th, 2012 3:26 pm

President’s motorcade, First Lady’s motorcade, First Children’s motorcade

That pretty much sums up this POTUS and the FLOTUS. Even Romney is not this out of touch.

2. SignPainterGuy on March 4th, 2012 3:46 pm

The first-couple have been to Asheville,NC twice, disrupting the normal pace of life for us. It`s amazing how much has to shut down for them to make their "shows".

I`ve been sick & tired and disgusted with them for a LOOOONG time already !

3. The Watcher on March 4th, 2012 4:01 pm

“We are looking forward to it. It’s going to be exciting. You will be sick of us after a while.’

“No” responded the audience….'We've been sick of you since January '10!'

4. Pasadena Phil on March 4th, 2012 4:12 pm

Left out the doggiecade.

5. SignPainterGuy on March 4th, 2012 4:13 pm

To be honest, I was s&t of BO before the talking heads were laughing embarrassed at each other saying, "I don`t know who BO is or what he`s about; do you know ?" "Why, no, John, I don`t know !"

Wasn`t that mid-`09 ?

I was tired & sick of them before I was sick & tired of them !

6. Dandapani on March 4th, 2012 5:22 pm

Good point. MO forgot about the dog who gets his own publicly funded jet. Why not a 'cade!

7. Marshall_Will on March 4th, 2012 6:04 pm

Hand in glove w/ "I'm not a 'perfect' pResident". As MM noted; "Finally! Something we can AGREE on!?" ( para )

The sudden need to come off as 'human' and approachable is what turns my stomach. Of course, after Coronation II ( The Final Beatdown ) there will no longer be any call for such faux humility. Progs should just give The One their Checking acct. and Routing numbers. ( It would be a whole lot easier on all of us )

8. Granny55 on March 4th, 2012 6:25 pm

Sick and tired of them doesn't even hit the tip of the ice burg! However, I am anxious to see what Brietbart had on him. They are supposed to release it this week sometime. Hope it is really good and really damning. We need a lucky break.

9. Pasadena Phil on March 4th, 2012 6:37 pm

And then there is the "In 'n Out Burgers" truck. You know, for emergencies.

10. patti on March 5th, 2012 3:13 am

Breitbart: The Vetting of Barack Obama Begins
    And tonight, Breitbart media has launched that website–and a whole new look.

We at C4P will keep the light shining to expose the truth.

***

The Vetting, Part I: Barack's Love Song To Alinsky

From today through Election Day, November 6, 2012, we will vet this president–and his rivals.

We begin with a column Andrew wrote last week in preparation for today’s Big relaunch–a story that should swing the first hammer against the glass wall the mainstream media has built around Barack Obama.
    G.

11. dancermommd on March 5th, 2012 9:42 am

I really don't understand how they can continue to raise so much money. Fund raiser last week was $71,000 a head. How does anybody have that much "disposable" income after all he has done to us and how does any company support him after all he has done to the companies of this country? There appears to be a lot I don't understand about politics.

12. ChapBix on March 5th, 2012 11:08 am

Misery follows Barry and Moochelle wherever they go. Supposedly, they will be coming to this town sometime this year. Hoping something deters them from doing so. I can very easily do without them. Unfortunately, there are plenty of Obamabots here that will not doubt be cheering him on.

13. SignPainterGuy on March 5th, 2012 3:18 pm

Zilla of the Resistance sent me a link to the BIG re-launch and "Part 1" of the VETTING. Great news ! Finally ! I can hear the lefty heads exploding and shrieking of their whining already; 8 months of it to go, at least !

I hadn`t been to C4P in a while, thanks. I will now !

Zilla pointed out that even the "quiet" bloggers are taking off their restraints !

14. SignPainterGuy on March 5th, 2012 4:37 pm

Rush just mentioned that AB grew up in West LA amid the leftist culture and somehow escaped it`s indoctrination. He realized (believed) that pop culture and the media shaped our beliefs, so he set up his BIG network to fight it and educate against it. (I paraphrased of course)

I`m seeing more and more that the right has and is awakening, bloggers are emboldened to speak not only the plain truth but to push back hard. So encouraging !

15. Marshall_Will on March 5th, 2012 8:44 pm

ChapBix,

Stand FAST good sir!

( Good to see you at Doug's Place, post often! )