*****

Yesterday, Attorney General Eric Holder said that terror suspects — even US citizens — should not be afforded protections under the US Constitution:

In his most forceful defense yet of the Obama administration’s use of lethal force against U.S. citizens linked to terrorism, Attorney General Eric Holder said Monday that the Constitution does not protect U.S. suspects plotting to kill other Americans.

Holder said in a speech at the Northwestern University School of Law in Chicago that the government is within its rights to kill citizens who are senior leaders in al-Qaeda or affiliate groups who pose an “imminent threat” of attack against the USA and whose capture is “not feasible.”

Is this the same guy who has spent the last three years telling us that terror suspects should be tried in US civil courts?

Eric Holder, June 2011:

In a speech before a Washington gathering of liberal lawyers Thursday night, Mr. Holder spoke out in defense of civilian courts to try terrorism suspects. He said the U.S. won’t achieve security and victory over terrorism “if we adhere to a rigid ideology, adopt a narrow methodology, or abandon our most effective terror-fighting weapon — our Article Three court system.”

Holder does realize that Article Three is from the US Constitution, doesn’t he? Or does he just want to give terror suspects trials in US civil courts but not allow the defendants Constitutional protections? And if so, what would be the point in that?

We’re not in the best of hands.

Update: More Holder news: Former Taliban defender appointed to third highest position at the Justice Department

Comments

18 Responses to “Eric Holder is a Very Confused Attorney General”

1. SignPainterGuy on March 6th, 2012 1:10 pm

NO, we are not in the best hands. Holder can`t decide whether our Constitution applies to US citizens regardless of the crimes, or if in some cases, it should allow the Just Us Dept to act Extra-Constitutionally. I doubt it will get any better under Holder`s watch since an al-qeada defense lawyer was just made the #3 guy at DOJ. I am NOT encouraged.

Please hurry Nov. 6 !!

2. backwoodsconsr on March 6th, 2012 2:18 pm

His boss doesn't believe in the Constitution, why should he?

3. Joe Redfield on March 6th, 2012 3:08 pm

Since many lefties consider the Tea Party a terrorist organization, you can see where the AG would like to go with this reasoning.

4. Dexter_Alarius on March 6th, 2012 3:38 pm

The world is upside-down when Alberto Gonzales can get hounded out of office for firing a handful of political appointees, and this idiot can calmly go about his business of destroying the rule of law without so much as a glance from the MSM.

5. Truesoldier__ on March 6th, 2012 5:23 pm

Well let us not forget the other bit of terrorist related news that the MSM decided to ignore. According to Andrew McCarthy, the Obama administration is looking at making a priosoner exchange for the Americans being held in Egypt.

They are looking at releasing, to Egypt (i.e. the Muslim Brotherhood) 50 Egyptians held by the US to include the Blind Sheik (the mastermind behind the 1993 WTC bombing) in exchange for the 16 Americans being held.

6. Truesoldier__ on March 6th, 2012 5:25 pm

So Holder's position is that the US Constitution does not apply to US Citizens abroad, but it does apply to enemy combatants abroad.

Yep, we are screwed if Obama is re-elected.

7. SignPainterGuy on March 6th, 2012 8:50 pm

Yep, screwed ! And expect no foreplay, but DO expect a slap to the face and kicks to the gut and groin as after-play !

8. backwoodsconsr on March 6th, 2012 9:36 pm

I'm already feeling a lot of pain in the wallet.

9. Truesoldier__ on March 6th, 2012 10:11 pm

No kidding. In the past week I have put $100 in gas in my little commuter car. Filled it up last Friday $38, went to Leavenworth, WA with the wife (great weekend getaway btw) filled up there on Sunday $36, and filled the car back up to full on Monday morning for another $26. This is a car that gets 30 mpg on average.

I am not looking forward to gas prices come Memorial Day weekend and beyond…..

10. backwoodsconsr on March 6th, 2012 10:29 pm

I spent $96 for a tank of gas in an old cargo van that gets 15 mpg. That will have to get me to work for two weeks. I get tired of so seldom being able to go anywhere just for fun.

The Democrats love poor people. That's why they keep making so many people poor.

11. SignPainterGuy on March 6th, 2012 11:27 pm

A tank would last me two weeks only if I left my p/u parked for 8 or 10 days ! ;-) I must work on my self control !

12. backwoodsconsr on March 7th, 2012 12:11 am

That's reminiscent of something Ben Franklin said. "Three people can keep a secret if two of them are dead."

13. SignPainterGuy on March 7th, 2012 1:45 am

Maybe that`s what`s meant by, "If I tell you, I`ll have to kill you" !

14. Truesoldier__ on March 7th, 2012 12:10 pm

That reminds me of a conversation I had with my Dem parents back in High School when they figured out I was a Conservative. They asked me how I could support a party that only looked out for the rich (you know the typical liberal line). I replied how could you support a party that wants to keep you poor.

15. SignPainterGuy on March 7th, 2012 3:21 pm

There were so few republicans in my life to tell the truth and so many dems who believed the dem lies to-the-bone, it wasn`t until Reagan took office and a long conversation with my town`s former mayor that I finally got the truth about republicans / Conservatives. (republican not capitalized intentionally)

16. HannahWilson22 on October 17th, 2012 5:23 pm

The good thing about an oxford ms attorney is how they're trained. I doubt you can find them in a similar situation as Attorney General Holder. But then again. if you think about it, he does have a reason of being confused as well.

17. blogc2011 on December 6th, 2012 6:56 am

Holder said in a speech at the Northwestern University School of Law in Chicago that the government is within its rights to kill citizens who are senior leaders in al-Qaeda or affiliate groups who pose an “imminent threat” of attack against the USA and whose capture is “not feasible. ????

18. larzze on January 21st, 2013 8:04 am

Excellent and decent post. I found this much informative, as to what I was exactly searching for. speeding Thanks for such post and keep it up.