Occupiers are getting evicted from their squatteries and now they’re looking for an inviting place to stay — a “mom’s basement away from home.”

Do any of you want to offer accommodations to these people?

After two months camping in New York’s Zuccotti Park – and sparking similar so-called occupations of public spaces around the United States – Occupy Wall Street protesters were evicted by authorities and have since been scattered around the city.

Some churches offered a place to stay to some of the several hundred people who had traveled to New York to join the protest, while the group has appealed online for more people to “host an occupier in your home and help sustain the movement.”

I’m sure OWS celebrity supporters in New York like Alec Baldwin and Russell Simmons have already offered up every room in their homes in order to help sustain the movement.

I’d love to tell an occupier “mi casa es su crapper,” but we’re renovating.

If you do decide to host an occupier, the group guarantees his or her stay will last no longer than a decade and that your living room will be left just as it was found… provided it was found like this:

Comments

18 Responses to “Evicted OWSers Issue Appeal to #OccupyYourCouch”

1. clu seatoe on March 10th, 2012 6:30 pm

Look to Pelosi’s the city by the Bay as they did three and a half decades ago, If you can rest it away from the illegals. History keeps repeating….

2. ChapBix on March 10th, 2012 7:18 pm

Looks ILMC will be getting a room mate soon.

3. ChapBix on March 10th, 2012 7:21 pm

Maybe the OSW crowd can occupy the landfill where this debris was hauled to. Then the human debris can take its place alongside the non-human debris they created.

4. Marshall_Will on March 10th, 2012 8:08 pm

I've already Tweeted Darryl Hannah to see if I can stay at her place. Doc at the street clinic sez this Kwell lotion should be kicking in any day now. Told me to burn every stitch of clothing I had on my back to prevent further infestation but huh-uh. No one touches my Eddie Bauer jacket!

Love,

ILMC ( posted from my IPhone TM)

5. Marshall_Will on March 10th, 2012 8:08 pm

Tell Rush we've found his former advertiser's Sleep Stain mattress!

6. SignPainterGuy on March 10th, 2012 8:10 pm

I feel confident I`m not the only one who`s noticed that much of the debris left behind is still good stuff, except for being a bit dirty of course. Wasteful beyond belief ! Must be a product of lefty upbringing; no spanking !

7. SignPainterGuy on March 10th, 2012 8:40 pm

The Asheville,NC OWSers were run off last month by City Council after numerous failed attempts and regulation re-writing. The protesters left some parting gifts for city crews to pick up and a couple memorable pics of "tent monsters".

8. SignPainterGuy on March 10th, 2012 8:42 pm

Will you be bringing the Sleep Stain mattress ?

9. Marshall_Will on March 10th, 2012 9:37 pm

No that was pathetic. Literally tens & tens of people! The same showing up in shot after shot. Pretty place save for the O-jacks.

10. rbreslin on March 10th, 2012 10:01 pm

I've heard of hosting students, but this is a new one. Mi casa no es su casa, for sure! You can't make this stuff up.

11. SignPainterGuy on March 10th, 2012 10:52 pm

Frances not at all FOXy Piven says this spring will bring a new OWSer push. Could be violent ! Or should I say, MORE violent !

12. Pasadena Phil on March 10th, 2012 11:04 pm

I just sprayed for OWSers and shampooed my carpets. They should have planned ahead.

13. SignPainterGuy on March 10th, 2012 11:14 pm

Pathetic is right. Av`l is known for so much protesting, it`s taken with a yawn and, "Oh look, Ethel, another silly protest !"

I think maybe 80 were hangin` out early on, before City Council said they could stay on the strip of land in front of the Town Hall, that "wasn`t" city park land until last month ! They quickly fell to below 50 and then under 30.

14. Marshall_Will on March 11th, 2012 12:06 am

Take your pick from the link but, show me a town w/ a "Critical Mass" cyclist demonstration and I'll show footage of confused, disoriented and angry drivers.

This in Minneapolis. The Militant "In Your FACE" GLBT movement morphs into Critical Mass ( saving the planet by riding their bikes in lanes of traffic all approved by local Prog govt's at -your- expense btw ) morphing ultimately into OWS.

Join all THREE and get a discount..!

15. Sorta Blogless Sunday Pinup » Pirate's Cove on March 11th, 2012 12:47 pm

[...] Doug Powers discusses #OccupyYourCouch [...]

16. Lilly Frodsham on December 27th, 2014 9:53 am

Is that white piece in the picture is mattress? I really could not understand it as a product. Thanks

17. vaping to quit smoking on July 6th, 2015 7:12 pm