Hey everybody, get out and exercise more!

Then there’s this from the Secretary of Health & Human Services:

Encourage more exercise… that is unless it interferes with the government taking greater control of the food industry — in that case, please stand down and remain stationary, helpless and fat.

Before we try to tackle obesity how about government first bans mixed messages within its ranks?

I live in a “food desert” and have for almost a dozen years. Should I have been panicking all this time? So far I don’t think my town has seen a penny of the $330 million President Obama requested to assist people who live in areas far away from healthy foods (known as “Twinkie traps”). I’ll bet labor unions have seen some of that money though.

Comments

7 Responses to “Dueling Headlines: Michelle Obama vs. Kathleen Sebelius”

1. SignPainterGuy on March 13th, 2012 4:43 pm

Wouldn`t you just know it; I`m just 3/4 mile from the nearest grocery store w/ 2 evil Twinky-laden convenience stores and 2 restaurants in between.

2. backwoodsconsr on March 13th, 2012 5:01 pm

To me a food desert is any place that doesn't have a burger joint or a pizza place nearby.

3. SignPainterGuy on March 13th, 2012 5:37 pm

By that definition, I can`t call Canton a food jungle, but well forested !

4. Granny55 on March 13th, 2012 5:48 pm

Grocery stores have pulled out of the urban jungles because they cannot afford the losses from theft at the hands of their customers and employees and the cost of security guards in every aisle is just not affordable. The convenience stores that now dot the urban landscape are just money laundering operations for food stamps and welfare cards. Ahhhh that great social experiment is working out just great for the libs isn't it? Now, they want us to "fund" affordable and practical food sources (borrow money from gad knows who) and double down on stupid again?

5. Pasadena Phil on March 13th, 2012 8:44 pm

They are both wasting everyone's time. Turns out it's CARBON DIOXIDE that makes us fat!

I knew it! It's the CO2 propellant, not the Cheez Whiz that's making me fat!.

6. Marshall_Will on March 13th, 2012 8:49 pm

To find if you qualify for Free Gas to go wit' those Food Stamps { Click Here! ]

Progs still trying to contort our English language, change the meaning of words and control the narrative! Actually Kathleen, if you look closely those actually ARE deserts you dillrod.

7. Marshall_Will on March 13th, 2012 8:54 pm

Granny,

And it's running contra to every retail business model in America right now. Costco, Walmart and BigBox aren't tripping over themselves to open up ever smaller stores in multiple locations ( with essentially the SAME fixed costs ) and haven't for years.

Recall Home Depot ( which put the Mom & Pop hardware stores out of business ) got their start in the 70's! Let's see how all the former Rush advertisers feel when they get the Mandate to set up shop in "food deserts".