Time to play the “if I were US President” game: Hamid Karzai would wake up tomorrow morning and find that the Americans in his personal security entourage have been inexplicably pulled from duty.

From the New York Times:

The strongest such outburst came Friday. “Let’s pray for God to rescue us from these two demons,” Mr. Karzai said, apparently holding back tears at a meeting with relatives of the massacre victims, and clearly referring to the United States and the Taliban in the same breath. “There are two demons in our country now.”

He doesn’t seem to mind “demons” putting their lives on the line to protect him:

Karzai wants US troops out of Afghanistan, and it’s probably time he got his wish. At which point I have a feeling he’ll get a subsequent harsh lesson in “be careful what you ask for.”

Comments

10 Responses to “Karzai Refers to US Forces as ‘Demons’”

1. Dexter_Alarius on March 21st, 2012 12:03 pm

I have to say I agree. We've over-stayed our welcome. Let them duke it out themselves. But, as we leave tell them, "Don't make us come back!"

2. Marshall_Will on March 21st, 2012 12:17 pm

"Karzai said, ( from his fortified bunker, underground )"

It's gettin' so a personal security entourage guy can't even make an honest LIVING any more! Add those poor fellows above to the Unemployment rolls!

3. SignPainterGuy on March 21st, 2012 2:08 pm

I agree Doug, D_A, M_W; the few who appreciate what we`re trying to do for them are as scarce as muslims who publicly condemn terrorism and oppose sharia law making its way into American courts. Let`s bring our fighting men and women home for a much needed Welcome Home, Thanks and some R & R !

I`m reminded of Bruce Banner in "The Hulk"; "You`re making me angry; you won`t like me when I`m angry" !

Karzai sure looks and sounds tough, standing behind all those American tough guys !

4. Joe Redfield on March 21st, 2012 2:34 pm

When we do leave, we should give parting gift to the wonderful people of Afghanistan – an inch-thick layer of Agent Orange on their poppy fields.

5. Truesoldier__ on March 21st, 2012 2:41 pm

Agree wholeheartedly. I would add, and no matter how much begging Karazai does we do not go back in to save his butt.

6. backwoodsconsr on March 21st, 2012 3:20 pm

I think there is a lot to be said for going into a terrorist harboring country, kicking ass, and then leaving, while making it very clear that we'll come back and do it again if they give us any more trouble. Leave it to them to clean up the mess and rebuild.

7. Granny55 on March 21st, 2012 5:00 pm

8. Granny55 on March 21st, 2012 5:03 pm

Had the nilly willies in DC not tied our troops hands behind their backs this would have been over with a long time ago. Now it is time to go and let the hell hole that is Afghanistan go completely under. Karzai will then find out – the US is not the demon. The Taliban will have him wiped out within weeks of our departure.

9. Granny55 on March 21st, 2012 5:04 pm

And I think I recall a US Congresswoman by the name of Maxine Waters calling someone a demon too……who was she referring to again???? She seems to be in the same camp as Karzai.

10. SignPainterGuy on March 21st, 2012 7:35 pm

That particular paragon of politeness subscribes to the Chavez / Castro school of thought ! That don`t leave room for liking the USA !