By now the girl who said “I actually don’t know anything about the economy” has probably been offered a job on Obama’s economic advisory board:

Comments

18 Responses to “Spring Breakers Assess Obama”

1. clu seatoe on March 22nd, 2012 1:08 pm

Good segment.

Kids were pretty knowledgeable about current events and things other than just what affects them but they were from the South so I guess it’s to be expected. Next time try the West or North East or at least try to find some kids from those schools. Also, try some black colleges.

2. Marshall_Will on March 22nd, 2012 1:40 pm

A "Reversion to the Mean" and apathy typical of the 18-25 age group will return w/ stunning predictability to slaughter O'Blamer. He'll still get 66% of the College vote, only there will be infinitely -fewer- of them that bother.

For them, blogging ( particularly *political* blogging ) is so…. 2008! With an economic collapse that like Domino's, delivers in 30 minutes or less ( and keeps ON delivering every 30 minutes ) what choice do these kids have but to focus on fitness, appearance, their TAN, and making themselves attractive as possible? You can always 'walk' to the gym.

And you don't need H & C for that?

3. Granny55 on March 22nd, 2012 1:43 pm

It was an entertaining segment but everyone of those kids sounded, like, um, like, like um – they are all stupid. What the hell is wrong with parents these days? I realize that 95% of the educational institutions in this country are turning out dolts like this but my gawd where is the parental responsibility to educate their children and teach them some common sense language.

I do understand that perhaps alcohol played a role in this segment but geeeshhh!!!

4. ba da bing on March 22nd, 2012 2:03 pm

Shows what you know.

“Gawd” is not even an English word and the proper spelling is “g-o-d” and not “g-a-w-d”, and there’s no such word as “geeeshhh!!!” Plus, “dolt” is just a slang word for “dull” and is not proper English.

I guess as time passes we just exchange one vocabulary for another.

5. SignPainterGuy on March 22nd, 2012 2:05 pm

I`ve had a few opportunities to quiz hi school aged, straight-A students and was extremely disappointed in what they just plain don`t know and what they get wrong (Well, that`s what they taught me !). It`s obvious to me from this vid and similar ones I`ve seen, spending $20,000 +++ a year to get your kids a good education is a near total waste of hard-borrowed money !

6. SignPainterGuy on March 22nd, 2012 2:10 pm

Oh fer cryin` out loud ! Granny55 was simply enjoying the benefits of the world`s greatest, most accepting language on the face of the Earth and expressing her total undisregustification !

7. Marshall_Will on March 22nd, 2012 2:16 pm

dolt (dlt)
    n.
    A stupid person; a dunce.

——————————————————————————–

*[Middle English* dulte, from past participle of dullen, to dull, from dul, dull; see dull.]

——————————————————————————–

doltish adj.
    doltish·ly adv.
    doltish·ness n.

Note: Given origins in Middle English, take it up w/ Chaucer!

8. ba da bing on March 22nd, 2012 2:17 pm

I guess you told me. I stand sufficiently reproved.

9. Marshall_Will on March 22nd, 2012 2:21 pm

The Air Force is combatting this with a new program called Warrior Ethos. Every morning the recruits are exposed to slides and a "this day in history" presentation from their instructor. Along with their being quizzed on how it applies to honor, duty etc.

One of the young airman I spoke w/ in our class said they got very little news while in BMT. When he 'went' to boot camp there was an uproar over Holder's resignation. By the time he graduated he was SHOCKED to see he was still AG! So, there's hope!

10. SignPainterGuy on March 22nd, 2012 2:42 pm

Just curious; does this "rumor of Holder`s resignation" coincide with the "call for" his resignation over Fast and Furious or his refusal to prosecute the NBPP PA poll-watchers or something else entirely ? There have been plenty of reasons for him to be gone !

I wish you well in you efforts to re-educate these misinformed youngins !

11. SignPainterGuy on March 22nd, 2012 2:51 pm

Ok, but if you plan to stand for long, be sure to keep you knees bent. Don`t want`cha faintin` out !

12. Marshall_Will on March 22nd, 2012 2:59 pm

He was actually the class leader and an OCS candidate, a bit older than the avg. The instructor was out of the class a lot and they're not allowed on the computers in their absence. We NCO's were tasked w/ keeping the course moving so we had lots of time to talk.

For younger O'Drama supporters, 2008 became a social event. Almost as big as Facebook! Speaking of which, where's all that online fervor we had in '08? Not (1) Prog troll has crashed my little Econ blog? I'm feeling left out?

13. SignPainterGuy on March 22nd, 2012 3:27 pm

Surely that kind of "left-out" feeling can be appreciated !? Dare we hope that Keynesian Econ. has finally been exposed to the trolls as the fallacy it really is ?

Many of the past-O`Dramaites switched to the new cool thing, Ron Paul mania ! That is, the ones who aren`t just in the tank for the black guy !

14. ba da bing on March 22nd, 2012 3:47 pm

Had to go out for a while but I’m back now to defend the castle.

And I feel like I landed on the North slope of Alaska with these pesky skeeters buzz’n ‘round.

15. Marshall_Will on March 22nd, 2012 3:50 pm

Great point SPG. RP has become all the rage w/ the college set and he's safe because old people think he's weird. Now the 18-25's along w/ the pleasantly unemployed can say:

"If RON PAUL were 'running' then I'd bother to vote!? Until then I've got every episode of Lost on DVD to get thru!"

Don't let the giddiness, keys to the BMW and initial glow of alcohol fool you. These kids know what they did. Bigtime. They realize [now] their adult lives are on permanent HOLD.

16. Spring breakers asked questions in Florida on current events/politics - CycloneFanatic on March 22nd, 2012 4:19 pm

[...] Great video can be found on this website about spring breakers being asked questions. http://dougpowers.com/2012/03/22/spring-breakers-assess-obama/ Although hilarious, it's also scary to think these are college [...]

17. SignPainterGuy on March 22nd, 2012 7:28 pm

I did notice some of the kids mentioned the high gas prices; they`ll extend that to the rest of the economy ! Yeah, they know they have no guarantee of a job after graduation, good job or crappy one ! And yes, they realize they didn`t impress anyone with their knowledge retention, especially the girl who anticipated her "proud" Dad seeing this vid.

18. SignPainterGuy on March 22nd, 2012 7:41 pm

I just got back and there`s this one big, egg-layin` house fly cruisin` around the castle. Now, where is that swatter ?