When you get a chance, type “www.communists.com” into your browser and see where it re-directs.

Then do the same thing with “www.socialists.com.”

It’s probably the least surprising thing you’ll see all day.

Update: Funny — somebody must have noticed, because communists.com now directs to a non Obama-related page. However, at this time, socialists.com is still pointing to BarackObama.com.

Update II: Socialists.com now redirects to a generic page. Somebody had a good sense of humor, at least until Team Obama started taking some mockery.

Comments

14 Responses to “Web Address Redirects of the Week; Updated

1. SignPainterGuy on March 26th, 2012 1:42 pm

I tried both with Bing and Google. Both of course took me to their "search results" page (why can you never get to the address the first try ?). Bing`s first result was to Wikipedia; Google`s was to "the LEADING Soc. / Comm. site on the net".

Did you get something different, Doug ?

Yahoo also gave Wiki as the first result, apparently to help me "define" socialism and communism.

2. Doug on March 26th, 2012 1:51 pm

Type it right into the address bar and don't go through a search engine. Right up there where now it says "dougpowers.com" change that and you should see the redirect.

3. TheLiberalMedia on March 26th, 2012 1:54 pm

or you could do something useful with your day. Your choice SignPainterGuy.

4. SignPainterGuy on March 26th, 2012 2:19 pm

Wow, what a difference THAT made !! Thanks, Doug !

I had no doubt before, but now there can be no doubt, Obama AND ObamaScare ARE INDEED communist and socialist !!

5. SignPainterGuy on March 26th, 2012 2:21 pm

Ok, fine; my choice is Not to believe The Liberal Media OR TheLiberalMedia ! That seems a sensible first step in knowing the truth !

6. Doug on March 26th, 2012 2:25 pm

Right on cue… three minutes after we start talking about communists and socialists, TLM shows up like a puppy that just heard somebody open a can of Alpo.

7. SignPainterGuy on March 26th, 2012 2:38 pm

Hmm, communism, socialism / rice, carrots and meat bi-products ….. I don`t get the connection, but then, my mind doesn`t work like a liberal`s anyway ! ;-)

8. Truesoldier__ on March 26th, 2012 4:53 pm

I see that both pages are no longer there. That didn't take long.

9. Truesoldier__ on March 26th, 2012 4:57 pm

Let me guess, we should write a limrick about the awesomness of Obama and create a video of the reading to post on YouTube……/sarc

10. Granny55 on March 26th, 2012 6:37 pm

Dang it – had couple of appointments this afternoon so I missed what it linked to – care to fill me?

11. SignPainterGuy on March 26th, 2012 8:29 pm

It was an Obama, Inc. page to sign up and expound on all the many reasons someone might like ObamaScare ! Glad to help, Granny !

12. SignPainterGuy on March 26th, 2012 8:31 pm

Doug, my last reply to you is cyberlost ! Can you find it, please sir ?

For some reason, 3 of 4 comments went to moderation on this thread today !

13. backwoodsconsr on March 26th, 2012 10:41 pm

Well, it is a thread about things getting redirected. ;)

14. SignPainterGuy on March 26th, 2012 11:04 pm

Yep, it`s been a good class; he `splained it and then demonstrated it ! Probably a pop quiz tomorrow !