Yesterday, Solicitor General Donald Verrilli put in a performance worthy of Miss Teen South Carolina in his pro-Obamacare arguments (to properly sell something you have to first believe it yourself).

The RNC jumped on it:

*****

If that’s how the people “schooled” in the law are explaining it, imagine how crappy it’ll be when it’s fully implemented.

Comments

28 Responses to “RNC Ad: Obamacare — A Tough Sell”

1. Truesoldier__ on March 28th, 2012 2:46 pm

It almost makes you wonder if the Obama administration put the worst possible guy in the game to purposely get this unpopular legislation tossed out.

Either that or he is somehow connected to a donor of Obama….

2. Doug on March 28th, 2012 2:54 pm

Yes, it almost looks like they're trying to throw the game.

3. SignPainterGuy on March 28th, 2012 2:59 pm

You simply can`t defend the indefensible ! And now, it looks like you can`t sell the unsellable !

Gaffetastic moments in jurisprudence !

Prayers are being answered !

The left has been writing the script for their defeat for a long time; it`s good to see the right is taking advantage of at least some of it !

4. Doug on March 28th, 2012 3:04 pm

If SCOTUS throws the health care law out, I hope the RNC is readying the "Obamacare tossed out today, Obama in November" t-shirts.

5. Truesoldier__ on March 28th, 2012 3:10 pm

Doug, you need to copyright that t-shirt right away.

6. Dexter_Alarius on March 28th, 2012 3:14 pm

We could avoid a lot of this trouble if the SCOTUS would just look at the Constitutionality of OBAMA!

7. clu seatoe on March 28th, 2012 3:23 pm

Previous chief counsel for Solyndra in Pelosi’s part of the state who didn’t follow Pelosi’s advice:
    "We have to pass the bill so that you can FIND OUT WHAT IS IN IT."

Where’s Denny Crane when you need him?

8. SignPainterGuy on March 28th, 2012 3:30 pm

I have resisted all the RNC`s efforts to get me to contribute to them for years and have repeatedly told them why, but in this case, I might even buy two !

BTW, from and email alert just now, the RNC is saying, "Our money is 'Throw Out Obama' money" ! By pushing Romney on us ? RIIIIGHT !!

TS is right, you should copyright that t-shirt design right away, Doug !

9. SignPainterGuy on March 28th, 2012 3:31 pm

PERFECT !!

10. Truesoldier__ on March 28th, 2012 4:10 pm

The way I look at it, Doug would spend the money far better than the RNC would.

11. SignPainterGuy on March 28th, 2012 5:37 pm

Doug did frame it as the RNC selling the shirts, so there`s that. If Doug beat them to it, yes indeed, I would far rather buy them from him. I think this would be celebratory of a momentous, historic occasion that would warrant the purchase of the shirt from whomever offered it. And I`d wear it, too !

12. Pasadena Phil on March 28th, 2012 7:46 pm

Kagan is probably counting her blessings these days. Had she not been appointed to the SCOTUS, it might have been her out there making a fool of herself instead of Verrilli.

13. ChapBix on March 28th, 2012 8:26 pm

This is the kind of advertising I was hoping to see although it should show folks what is happening to the country under Obama's stewardship or lack of it. Have ads showing once prosperous towns and cities with manufacturing and other commerce and then show what those same towns and cities look like now. There are abandoned blocks in cities that had once been magnets for commerce and employment.

14. Marshall_Will on March 28th, 2012 9:31 pm

Check it out, I inadvertently muted my laptop's speakers for Doug's vid clip so I had to replay it and… it was essentially the same? Dead air! You know how I hate to miss a thing?

15. Patti on March 28th, 2012 9:45 pm

Gee, don't know what happened…. I have been trying to get back on here since last night.

16. Patti on March 28th, 2012 9:52 pm

No problem posting anywhere else, seems to be a problem just here with intensedebate, won't let me re-set password……anyone else having problems ?

17. Marshall_Will on March 28th, 2012 10:05 pm

Patti,

Can't say as I have. Had to pull a Ubuntu Restore last night that gave me the willies, but no IntenseD issues. What I've experienced in the past is having to re-load your screen name and email w/ each post. Like that?

18. Marshall_Will on March 28th, 2012 10:19 pm

ChapBix,

May have mentioned at MM's Place but while Mrs. Will visited me in TX I thought we'd take a rental car from San Antonio down to Corpus. All ALONG I-37, nothing but economic blight the whole two hours!

Without exception every Mom & Pop roadhouse, rib shack, bar and hotel was boarded up. And RECENTLY! One could tell many of these places had been there since the 70's. Not (1) economic survivor. Be a great place to start.

19. Patti on March 28th, 2012 10:25 pm

Yes, Marshall_Will…soooo your not permanently logged in, right ?

20. Patti on March 28th, 2012 10:32 pm

Make that *you're* not your…..I can post this way, just liked being already logged in and ready to go.

21. Marshall_Will on March 28th, 2012 11:09 pm

Patti,

It happens sporadically and doesn't seem to fit any pattern? Only a handful of times. I finally ditched Windows and run something different on all my machines. But it's not without a few regrets.

Any time you pick up a CD ROM to load a course or something it's like The Blues Brothers: "We have BOTH kinds of music, Country AND Western!" ( Windows and Mac ) So you have to download a Windows CPU 'emulator' and that's what I was trying last night when things went kahfluey!

I have as many issues w/ MM's site and Drudge etc. as I do here. We're under constant attack from the PC-PC civility police…

22. SignPainterGuy on March 28th, 2012 11:32 pm

Earlier today I had really, REALLY slow server action here. I refreshed the page and it gave an odd comments layout for a while. After closing the tab and renavigating back a couple times, it was back to normal.

23. SignPainterGuy on March 28th, 2012 11:40 pm

Shoooo, sounds entirely too congomulated to me ! I`ll stick with Windows.

Btw, have you seen the announcement of Win. 8 to be released in Oct. ? It is designed to work with tablets and touchscreens n regular pc`s and Macs; mobile and desk tops.

24. Marshall_Will on March 29th, 2012 1:33 am

About time! Gear head friends tell me the broader issues w/ Windows is it's essentially the Irish Potato Famine all over again. 95% of people use either MSFT of AAPL so…. if a virus were perfected..?

It would basically shut down the country..! There's just not enough diversity,

Anyway.., this is a political blog, right?

25. Patti on March 29th, 2012 1:35 am

Alrighty, thanks a bunch Marshall_Will !

26. ChapBix on March 30th, 2012 12:36 am

I did read that and your comment got me thinking along these lines. So, at least in part, you inspired me! We need tons more of this. Not preachy ads, just alot of visuals that people out in flyover land can relate to on a personal level. Remind them of what we had before Barry showed up in '08. Then remind them of what we have now. Powerful stuff.

27. ChapBix on March 30th, 2012 12:38 am

I am thinking that the scenes from the earlier America can be shot in sepia tone and the today scenes in stark B&W contrast.

28. ChapBix on March 30th, 2012 12:41 am

That raises the interesting question of who polices the PC Police? We know they are not self-policing.