President Obama in 2009:

“You can’t go take a trip to Las Vegas or go down to the Super Bowl on the taxpayer’s dime.”

Fast forward to this week:

First lady Michelle Obama and daughters Malia and Sasha are visiting Las Vegas after stopping in South Dakota on a family trip.

A spokeswoman for McCarran International Airport confirmed that the first lady was expected to arrive in Las Vegas Wednesday night.

Comments

14 Responses to “‘Do What We Say, Not What We Do’”

1. Truesoldier__ on March 29th, 2012 12:33 pm

No surprise. It is no different than the many other times the first family has pulled this.

MObama tells us to eat healthy, then stuffs her face.

Obama says we all need to share in the sacrifice during these hard times, then they run off on another vacation.

Obama's State Dept issues a travel advisory for Mexico warning US citizens that it is too dangerours to travel there and the DoD tells their employees that they cannot travel to Mexico due to the dangers. Then the first family allows there 13 year old daughter to go spring break to Mexico.

2. Truesoldier__ on March 29th, 2012 1:29 pm

Now I see that MObama is took a day trip to Mt Rushmore as well.

"The visit caused access to parts of the memorial to be restricted and required visitors to go through a security checkpoint"

Bet this screwed up some family's spring break trip.

3. Joe Redfield on March 29th, 2012 2:14 pm

Hey, lay off Mrs. BO and the little BOs; it was a "family trip" not a vacation. And I'm sure they have some term other than 'taxpayers' to describe who's paying for it.

4. ba da bing on March 29th, 2012 3:09 pm

Well, I’m just so darn envious and jealous of somebody else’s good fortune that I could become an allah worshipping terrorist, marry a twelve year old, beat my wife, and blow up a building.

5. backwoodsconsr on March 29th, 2012 3:51 pm

He was just scouting out a place to put his face.

6. Truesoldier__ on March 29th, 2012 4:19 pm

Any bets on which President's face he would have removed to make room for his mug?

My guess would be all of them as it would take that much space for this guys swelled ego.

7. Marshall_Will on March 29th, 2012 5:01 pm

Doug loves to run with "What would happen if a Republican did/said this?" but we've already heard about Nancy's buying new china for the WH.

This…. 'woman' lavishes more travel upon herself than a reigning Miss America. Just unreal. And we still don't know a THING about her! Other than what she -chooses- to reveal about herself. Not (1) moment since she's been flotus has she addressed us in any way as equals.

So now I'll say it; what a SKANK.

8. SignPainterGuy on March 29th, 2012 7:37 pm

I first thought George Washington, because he was the first Pres., or maybe Jefferson, since he had some radically different ideas than Zero, but then after your second point, Oblamer`s ego would take the whole mountain ! I can see it now, in reclined position in a chair with his feet propped up on the Resolute Desk, fingers interlaced behind his head !

9. SignPainterGuy on March 29th, 2012 7:38 pm

SUCKERS !

10. Truesoldier__ on March 29th, 2012 7:58 pm

and some Foam Greek Columns to frame it up nicely.

11. SignPainterGuy on March 29th, 2012 8:22 pm

Nice !

12. ChapBix on March 30th, 2012 12:24 am

This entire administration is about do as I say, not as I do. Typical of tyrants.

13. SignPainterGuy on March 30th, 2012 2:15 am

And hypocrites ! (I just LOVE to throw that in `cause the left hates it so )

14. JetHeadJoe on March 30th, 2012 3:02 pm

Well, the daughters are too young to visit casinos, so maybe Shelly will give them a $1000 each and send them to the spa while she hits the tables. I just hope she has better luck gambling with taxpayers' dollars than her husband has had so far.