I think I’ll start making Fridays “all Biden, all the time.” It’s great comic relief heading into a weekend.

From Byron York:

Vice President Joe Biden offered a frank assessment of his career in remarks at a Democratic fundraiser in Chicago Thursday night. According to a White House pool report, Biden, surrounded by the city’s movers and shakers, praised former Mayor Richard M. Daley and then said: “I never had an interest in being a mayor ’cause that’s a real job. You have to produce. That’s why I was able to be a senator for 36 years.”

Biden’s attempts at self-deprecating humor are when he’s at his most honest. And let’s not forget his tenure as VP — according to Plugs, it’s wonderful to have a job where you don’t have to do anything.

Semi-related but obligatory nonetheless when talking about productivity:

Comments

7 Responses to “Biden: I Never Had an Interest in a Real Job… You Have to Produce”

1. Joe Redfield on March 30th, 2012 2:23 pm

Apparently one of those really difficult decisions El Presidente…or someone on his staff…had to make was putting Sheriff Dimbulb on the ticket. The reasoning had to be that Biden would make a dead parrot seem intelligent.

2. SignPainterGuy on March 30th, 2012 2:58 pm

AND Joe is excellent insurance; remove BO, you get Joe !

3. SignPainterGuy on March 30th, 2012 3:01 pm

I never considered politics or selling used cars. In both, people expect you to lie !

I like the idea of Biden Fridays, Doug ! Get a little truth with the gaffetastic humor !

Gaffe: in politics, when someone slips up and tells the truth !

4. backwoodsconsr on March 30th, 2012 9:15 pm

Biden has produced enough hot air to power a balloon festival. They don't call him an old windbag for nothing.

5. ChapBix on March 30th, 2012 11:20 pm

If you have to produce in a real job, why did he run for President not just once but twice?

I also vote for "Bite Me!" Biden Fridays.

6. Dandapani on March 31st, 2012 9:09 am

"Money for nothin' and chicks for free!"

7. ScottyB on April 4th, 2012 9:28 pm

Love the GB video clip!

Hey Sherriff Joe, to paraphrase Dean Yeager from the same movie: "Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor V.P."