If the underwhelming lack of convincing non-tampered evidence and numerous examples that the climate change movement is motivated purely by greed and a lust for power isn’t enough to convince you to believe Al Gore, well, they just might have to resort to alternate methods:

Comparing skepticism of man-made global warming to racist beliefs, an Oregon-based professor of sociology and environmental studies has labeled doubts about anthropogenic climate change a “sickness” for which individuals need to be “treated”.

Professor Kari Norgaard, who is currently appearing at the ‘Planet Under Pressure’ conference in London, has presented a paper in which she argues that “cultural resistance” to accepting the premise that humans are responsible for climate change “must be recognized and treated” as an aberrant sociological behavior.

So what’ll it be, deniers — medication, the psycho ward, or both?

Check out the story. Trust me, the photo of the University of Oregon professor is worth the click. It’s so good to know our tax money goes to support wackos like this.

Comments

32 Responses to “Do You Need Psychological Treatment for Global Warming Skepticism?”

1. backwoodsconsr on March 31st, 2012 7:01 pm

Where have I heard this kind of thing before?

2. SignPainterGuy on March 31st, 2012 7:12 pm

Sometime in `68, it was "the world is overpopulated" and "we must ban DDT". By `73, the scream was global cooling "if we don`t change our ways drastically, in 10 or 15 years, we`ll see 30 ft ice walls at the Great Lakes". In the mid `80s, apparently not enough people had fallen for that nonsense, so the disgruntled East Europeans changed it to global "warming" with a similar, but opposite claim, "if we don`t change the way we live, in 10 or 15 years, the Earth will to hot to survive".

At about the turn of the century, at a global warming speech, a speaker had a "hot mic" moment and was recorded saying, "the evidence does not support our claim, but the agenda is so important, we must come up with a better, more catchy name for it. Climate change, yeah, that`s it". Well, I guess that one didn`t do the trick, didn`t fit their agenda well enough, so the name was changed again to "climate disruption".

It has always been libs, communists, socialists, leftists, dems who have pushed this idea of "man effecting the climate negatively", rarely have republicans, conservatives or Christians fallen for the hoax.

In over 40 years of watching, none of this hoax made any sense to me. It`s obvious what it is about and it ain`t to protect the environment !

3. SignPainterGuy on March 31st, 2012 8:27 pm

Just think how different things could be now if Fred had won the nomination instead of McLame !

4. ChapBix on April 1st, 2012 1:18 am

Truth serum, anyone?

5. ChapBix on April 1st, 2012 1:20 am

Rush has properly identified the green movement has the newest home of the Communists.

6. ChapBix on April 1st, 2012 1:22 am

Wonder if we will be required to have a device installed next to our computers to read our RFID chip so we will be properly identified to the authorities when we post anti-regime or other anti-leftist comments on sites such as this? No RFID chip, no access to the internet.

7. SignPainterGuy on April 1st, 2012 2:54 am

The "green" party and the Communist Party USA are one-in-the-same ! Always have been !

8. SignPainterGuy on April 1st, 2012 3:05 am

Pre-installed at the factory ! Perhaps as spyware written into the Operating System !

9. backwoodsconsr on April 1st, 2012 10:19 am

The science is settled. Global warming is a hoax. And they didn't have to zap me at all to get me to tell them that.

10. ChapBix on April 1st, 2012 11:20 am

Good one! I wondered what folks would say to the above.comment I posted yesterday. Although that could happen with new computers on store shelves, what about older beasts who were around before this new requirement? I guess those will be reserved for Free Cell or for word processing.

11. Pasadena Phil on April 1st, 2012 1:21 pm

No thank you, I'm good. I got past being skeptical about AGM a long time ago. I now reject that fraud outright. No couch time needed. But thanks anyway.

12. Patti on April 1st, 2012 5:04 pm

**Sarah Palin Co-Hosts TODAY on Tuesday.** http://conservatives4palin.com/2012/03/palin-to-b

13. Obama_Blows on April 1st, 2012 8:45 pm

U of OR eh, yes that's a great place for a liberal loon like this to indoctrinate, err I
    mean "teach". In fact she's likely even one of the more "moderate" leftists there sigh.

That said, good lord what a stupid idiot sigh.. Hard core liberalism is a disease; that's what they should be "treatng" if anything!

14. Ken in Texas on April 2nd, 2012 3:16 am

I'm b-a-a-c-k!! That silly broad looks like she could eat corn-on-the-cob through a barb-wire fence.

I've been quiet for a while, having come within a few seconds of dying back in January. Spent two months in the hospital, but heaven wouldn't have me and the devil was afraid of me. Glad to see y'all are still out there!

15. SignPainterGuy on April 2nd, 2012 3:42 am

Yes, I wondered about you. Glad to see you back among the living !

16. backwoodsconsr on April 2nd, 2012 9:26 am

Further proof that only the good die young! Glad to hear you're doing better.

17. Les medias sociaux on April 12th, 2012 3:16 am

Thanks for the useful information. Definitely something I must look into! I know I’ve been on the website before to do a quick look, but this time I will take a proper read as it sounds very useful. Keep it up!

18. Valencia West Hills on May 19th, 2012 2:53 am

Kaboom System for iPod with microphone and heavy unit especially when loaded with all the big battery carriage behind the large batteries that powers.

19. language lessons on May 19th, 2012 2:54 am

Midnight being the symbol of the Ultimate Big Kaboom of mandatory disarmament steps for the world's five official nuclear powers.

20. college papers on June 7th, 2012 1:25 am

The rounds, which come four to a magazine plus one in the chamber, can then be programmed to travel just a short distance behind that to explode precisely where the insurgent is believed to be hiding.

21. my essay on June 14th, 2012 10:08 am

The consultants will help the communities and nonprofits “improve their use of federal funds to revitalize neighborhoods, help the homeless and produce more affordable housing,” a May 15 new release said.

22. low carb dessert on June 15th, 2012 3:24 am

Powers Fasteners is a global leader specializing in manufacturing and marketing quality anchoring and fastening products for concrete, masonry, and steel.

23. eocservices.co.uk on June 16th, 2012 3:59 am

24. Marisa dejeck on August 9th, 2012 8:41 am

Global warming causing many hazards including people's health so it is the responsibility of every individual to reduce global warming.
    help with personal statements

25. rushessays on January 25th, 2013 7:50 am

I believe firmly regarding this and so really enjoy understanding more about this kind of subject.Keep up the good.

26. essayontime on February 14th, 2013 5:06 am

27. Checkitnow on July 23rd, 2013 8:46 am

http://essays-tips.com/ AHA

28. merchant services on November 21st, 2013 7:08 am

A very good service that you may be intrested in. Does your website not get barely any tourists or not rank for keywords with Google? Well he can help! He can supply you with tens of thousands of backlinks to your site!

29. guide to credit on December 12th, 2013 11:47 am

I enjoyed reading your post and remember 2007 while I was in Amsterdam. I wanted to see a tulip garden, and asked around but no one was able to point me one. We drove at least 2 hours to find one but no luck.

30. best male on January 13th, 2014 8:02 pm

Wonderful article! For this, I love your website! Copyright all very well painted. Global warming is – and that's a fact!

31. creditreportseasy on April 2nd, 2014 9:17 pm

I've learn several excellent stuff here. Definitely price bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how much effort you place to make any such magnificent.

32. creditreportseasy on April 5th, 2014 11:05 am

I very much to like and agree with your point of view. Thank you for sharing. Welcome to look at my website and blog articles. Hope we can become good friends, and exchange and to help each other