In 2008, former Reagan speechwriter and Wall Street Journal commentator Peggy Noonan took one sip of the Obama Kool Aid and got sucked in.

Lately she’s been having second thoughts, as evidenced by Thursday’s column in the WSJ.

I don’t get these people who act shocked at the “as advertised” Obama vs. the reality Obama. Did Noonan not see the same past writings, clips of sermons from his “spiritual advisor,” far left Senate voting record and laundry list of radical friends — information that the rest of us who chose not to ignore had access to in 2007 and 2008? What part of “fundamentally transform the United States of America” didn’t she understand?

Noonan’s entire column should have been three words: “I was suckered.” Instead she continues to act like Obama is the one who changed somewhere along the way. Obama hasn’t changed at all — she finally woke up… and it only took four years. That Hope & Changeā„¢ is hard core anesthesia.

Comments

8 Responses to “Peggy Noonan’s Incredibly Delayed Awakening”

1. clu seatoe on March 31st, 2012 2:29 pm

Very good column.

This is a perfect example of what an engagement before a wedding is for (or vetting) – to find out who the person that one is going to marry really is.

In the case of Zero everyone was fooled by physical appearance and verbal abilities. No one (MSM and BOTS) paid attention to his “life before we met him.” Those who looked even the tiniest bit saw what they needed to say no, don’t do this, but according to the column, the reality is only now setting in for some who were infatuated by the appearance. And some (MSM) will never admit error, and even make excuses like the relationship of abuse.

2. SignPainterGuy on March 31st, 2012 2:56 pm

Peggy did write a good column and I`m pleased beyond words that she and many others are waking up to the reality that Obama and Co. have lied all along. I`m just disappointed that it has taken her and so many others until now, or the last few weeks or months to get it !

I don`t consider myself very savvy at all in politics, but even I recognized the BS of the smooth talker with almost no history. Has Peggy never bought a used car ? Or a new one ?

Peggy`s summation is sadly correct; Obama can`t win, but the Rs can lose !

3. joyannaadams on March 31st, 2012 3:05 pm

I remember being shocked, that someone who had worked with Reagan could turn, and display the ignorance that she did..all those adoriing comments and columns about Obama were such a big surprise. I remember thinking the reason, was that she just wanted to keep her job, so she jumped on the politically correct bandwagon.

And now that Obama is losing traction, she is flip- flopping again. I will never trust her much…she was too much of a Obama supporter for too long. She's a great writer, but really…she reminds me of how betrayed I felt when George W. Bush turned out to be such a …what's the word? Anti-Reaganistic?

She represents Washington D.C. They do whatever they have to…to survive and continue their lifestyle.

4. ChapBix on March 31st, 2012 4:36 pm

One in a long list of journos and political operatives who drank the Obama Kool-aid and now beginning to wake up from the hangover. At least some have come to their senses. Now, let's watch and see how many come around in the next few months. Like some who were flabbergasted that the individual mandate could be struck down, how many will have their jaw drop when Barry turns further left into tyranny?

5. archer52 on April 1st, 2012 12:21 am

Noonan, Friedman, Brooks, and the rest are what I call "Zombie food". They are encapsulated elites who think the world works differently than it does. The guy or gal in the zombie movie who just can't get over the idea that walking dead are eating people, and how that effects their lives personally, until they get eaten too. You know the characters, the ones you can't wait until they get chomped or wonder why the other characters don't shoot them first. They are useless and are often referred to as "useful idiots" by communists.

archer52

6. ashley on July 13th, 2012 6:05 am

Thanks for sharing this information. I really like your way of expressing the opinions and sharing the information. It is good to move as chance bring new things in life, paves the way for advancement.
    franchising management

7. sera on December 6th, 2012 6:33 am

i must say you hit some definite points here..very well written..I like how you expressed this.
    korean fashion clothing

8. franchising Limpezas on January 22nd, 2013 9:28 pm

Hi ,Thanks for the insightful post, i believe this is a good inspiration for my on blog posts, in my franchising blog.