When I heard that Newsweek was going to have their Lord and Savior on the cover, I was expecting you know who. But instead it’s time for the dying magazine to get some cheap attention by trying to insult Christians once again:

Follow “Jesus” where? Down to Zuccotti Park?

Newsweek does this kind of thing once in a while. Shortly before Easter seems to be a favored time of year.

I’ve asked Newsweek previously to prove they have a pair by daring to publish similar cover photos revolving around Muhammad along with stories like “What’s wrong with Islam?” Oddly enough that’s something the editors shy away from. Christianity and Christians, however — fair game.

Comments

28 Responses to “Newsweek Desperate for Attention Again”

1. maladroit on April 2nd, 2012 3:49 pm

Just look at the by-line; it explains everything.
    If a few Christians started behaving like their Mooslim neighbors you might see less of this. But for now, Christians are fair game for the left.

2. Halcyon on April 2nd, 2012 3:55 pm

I guess they like falling revenues and inevitable bankruptcy.

3. feldercarb on April 2nd, 2012 4:00 pm

The media is very bold attacking a religion that says "turn the other cheek". The left's current coalition includes islamifascism to gain power and mold the world to their liking.

4. Truesoldier__ on April 2nd, 2012 4:23 pm

Looks to me as though they are yet again pushing an Obama theme. Obama said that Jesus would approve of tax hikes on the rich and here is the quote:

"But for me as a Christian, it also coincides with Jesus' teaching that, for unto whom much is given, much shall be required," he said.

How much you want to bet that this is what the story inside the cover is about.

5. Marshall_Will on April 2nd, 2012 4:30 pm

Which of course, all from Michelle and Doug's favorite Prog about town, Andrew Sullivan. Nope! Sorry pal, no amount of taunting is getting us to buy (a) single copy. Sorry.

6. Marshall_Will on April 2nd, 2012 4:43 pm

One of the most misunderstood aspects of being a Christian. Glad you brought it up. Recently our pastor took this on and mentioned nowhere in the Bible does it state we must consistently subject ourselves to rude, thoughtless, abusive and even dangerous people!

And when you think about it, how does responding to an 'invitation' from your Prog/aethiest neighbor help the cause in any way? For years Progs have exploited this no end. I was nice, you were rude, we're DONE here.

No doubt they'll appraise your new unwillingness to engage them in spirited debate as "more evidence of church goer snobbery" when the truth is, sanity is too precious a thing to waste on progs.

7. Ike on April 2nd, 2012 5:27 pm

I only have four cheeks and I ran out of un-struck cheeks to turn many years ago.

8. Marshall_Will on April 2nd, 2012 6:03 pm

In Boxing, this would be called "Holding & Hitting".

Really started during the Nam-era protests of the 60's. Radicals learned they could become increasingly abrasive and escalate confrontations, but parents wouldn't throw them out or cut them off.

Sometimes out of love and the hope they'd reform but 90% of the time it was out of sheer embarrassment and intimidation. I know I ruined the family gathering last Sunday but… how's it going to look when I'm hitch hiking down the road where all your neighbors can see me thumbing?

From there they'd further undermine parents by indoctrinating younger siblings still living at home. It's as close to art form as most Progs will ever get. 'Choice' no longer defined by what you do and don't believe about the Bible but rejecting Christ and the church altogether.

9. SignPainterGuy on April 2nd, 2012 7:30 pm

Standing ovation and raised coffee mug ! Well said !

10. SignPainterGuy on April 2nd, 2012 7:31 pm

One of the new "cools" !

11. SignPainterGuy on April 2nd, 2012 7:34 pm

I was going to say, "No surprise AS is the author of Newsweek`s chosen article of insultation" !

12. Granny55 on April 2nd, 2012 8:53 pm

What I find so amazing? The Catholic Church ate up the whole hopey/changey Ozero meme in 2008. Now that they are getting a taste of just what this president is they are turning against him. Just who the hell did they think he was back in 2007/2008? Another group – just not doing their homework. In fact any God fearing church/orgainization that supported this fraud should hang their head in shame. They are getting what they deserve for being so naive, uniformed/misinformed.

I am not a regular church go-er but I am a Christian, say my prayers every night and believe in my Lord. I figured it out right from the get go – why didn't the ministers and priests? Me thinks they got snookered by a fraud.

13. Pasadena Phil on April 2nd, 2012 9:45 pm

No, that is categorically wrong. "The Catholic Church" did NOT embrace the Obama agenda. The AMERICAN Catholic leadership did. Big difference. Which half of the Anglican Church speaks for all Anglicans? The American half that has become the official gay branch of Christianity? How about all of those "born again" preachers who discovered Jebus in prison? Do they speak for all Protestants?

14. Marshall_Will on April 3rd, 2012 2:43 am

Certainly there reached a culmination of misdirected influence ramping up to Hopey/Changey but it's no means a new revelation. The Church has been coddling illegals and turning down the sheets for Sanctuary Cities long before Bammie turned up.

Just curious, but isn't it incredible how the trolls have returned at MM? Like clockwork! An almost complete hiatus for months on end ( pleasant months ) only to log back in during the home stretch.

Then have the brass to claim their snide, hateful, sexist and self loathing blather is anything but paycheck blogging? Simultaneously!? Pretty obvious to me they're paid by the post.

15. SignPainterGuy on April 3rd, 2012 3:13 am

Someone mentioned last year and then I noticed it too, these paid trolls work reg. biz hours. But they claim they`re NOT paid. Riiiight !

16. Pasadena Phil on April 3rd, 2012 12:00 pm

Some of them are just disturbed people with no lives. If you have ever read "Tipping Point", and I am sure the political operatives of both parties have, you can see a pattern among certain trolls.

17. Pasadena Phil on April 3rd, 2012 12:28 pm

Somewhere along the line, the liberation theology crowd became very influential among the Church in North America. It used to be limited mostly to the Maryknoll missionaries. This is probably not going to get better as illegals keep flooding into the country.

Like all religions who aspire to become THE global religion, too many compromises are made along the way for the whole to hold together. Globalism just doesn't work and no one has more experience in global failure than the major religions.

There is a compromise in going from being episcopal evangelists to being a "portable nation" like the Jews but at least the core religion holds together better under Judaism.

18. ChapBix on April 3rd, 2012 3:45 pm

"Just look at the by-line"

I'm guessing that was a reference to the author, Andrew Sullivan?

19. ChapBix on April 3rd, 2012 3:50 pm

I would agree that this is part and parcel of Barky's meme. We see this employed (what an odd choice of words to use when referring to Barky!) recently in Barky's calling out the Supreme Court on Obamascare. Presumably, they and us are supposed to turn the other cheek as we watch our freedom and liberty being flushed down the toilet.

20. backwoodsconsr on April 3rd, 2012 4:25 pm

I mostly ignore trolls, but sometimes I can't resist slapping them around a bit.

A sadist is someone who is kind to a masochist.

21. SignPainterGuy on April 3rd, 2012 8:27 pm

A masochist loves to be treated poorly, roughly, even tortured. Look at what happens when the trolls show up here; they must be masochists and I`m too happy to oblige ! Does that make me a sadist ?

22. SignPainterGuy on April 3rd, 2012 8:29 pm

Does the Jesus character on the cover look like Opie to anyone else ?

23. backwoodsconsr on April 3rd, 2012 8:50 pm

Either that or you would be a sadist by smothering them with kindness and depriving them of the abuse they crave.

24. SignPainterGuy on April 3rd, 2012 9:13 pm

So countering their Talking Points Memo nonsense with real facts without resorting to name-calling is akin to smothering them with kindness, isn`t it ?

25. Marshall_Will on April 3rd, 2012 10:30 pm

"and depriving them of the abuse they crave."

Lol, and you hear them SAY as much. "Just look at all the 'abuse' I take at the hands of you so-called compassionate conservatives! Poor poor pitiful me?"

And… next day they're back w/ precision you could set your watch to. All too willing to start the process anew. What's always annoyed me is their total lack of conviction.

26. beau on April 4th, 2012 2:30 pm

You've missed the point. You point fingers at others and say "what about them" and the point of the story is some internal reflection. Your attitude here is of a 6 yo boy having a tantrum and refusing to accept the truth that the Christian attitude today does not reflect the teachings of Jesus Christ.

27. SignPainterGuy on April 4th, 2012 7:57 pm

Sticking to any point made by NEWSWEEK or Andrew Sullivan is allowing the left to frame the conversation / argument which, I submit, is not what Doug is about here ! Since it IS Doug`s blog after all, we`ll consider HIS point, which unless I`m mistaken is, neither NEWSWEEK nor Andrew have a clue what Jesus wants us to do or how to follow Jesus ! Neither of "them" are following Jesus; that`s for sure !

28. Plagiarism on July 24th, 2013 8:57 am