The crux of this story goes back to Katie Couric’s interview with Sarah Palin on CBS in 2008 in which The Perky One™ asked the then VP nominee to name a print media souce where she got her news — as if she were a visitor from a planet proximate to Epsilon Eridani. It was a condescending question and Palin wasn’t shy in later letting The Perky One™ know it. The two will go head-to-head again tomorrow on different networks, as Sarah will be broadcasting live from within the belly of the beast:

Former Alaska governor and Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin will co-host NBC’s “Today” show on Tuesday, according to Megan Kopf, a spokeswoman for NBC Universal.

“She’ll reveal a different side of her than you’ve seen before,” the morning show’s website boasted Sunday.

Last week ABC announced that former “Today” host Katie Couric will fill in for Robin Roberts as co-host of “Today’s” rival morning show, “Good Morning America,” all week.

Couric co-hosted “Today” for 15 years before leaving for CBS.

Palin’s Fox News contract must not be exclusive or I assume she’d not be accepting stints on other outlets.

The Today Show’s ratings have been like Pamela Anderson’s rack: Highly impressive in the past but lately starting to deflate and sag. In the meantime, Good Morning America has been gaining ground. For at least one day it’s safe to assume NBC will re-widen that lead with Palin at the helm. Hopefully Sarah does a “Hey Katie, here’s what I’ve been readin’” segment.

Here’s the short promo on Palin’s guest-host gig on NBC:

Comments

20 Responses to “Super Tuesday: Palin vs. Perky”

1. maladroit on April 2nd, 2012 11:08 am

That annoying whir in your ears is the sound of the Left's Hate Machine kicking it up a few notches into "Overdrive."

2. backwoodsconsr on April 2nd, 2012 11:42 am

I'm trying to wrap my mind around the fact that I'll be watching the Today show tomorrow, for what is sure to be a good morning in America.

3. swede on April 2nd, 2012 12:29 pm

NBC said it all. It's a stunt for ratings, and it'll work. In Mexico they put two chickens in a ring and people pay to watch them tear each other to shreds. Pretty much the same principle.

4. Marshall_Will on April 2nd, 2012 12:50 pm

I'm disappointed. Back on the eve of the Mid-term Miracle NPR pleaded w/ MM to "do a live-blogging co-event that's bound to be a lot of fun!" and you'll recall Michelle told them; "Conservative blogger to NPR: Buzz OFF!"

That's the correct call. Encouraging a media circus, diluting the Conservative message and even acknowledging liberal flakes isn't something I'm going to condone.

5. Truesoldier__ on April 2nd, 2012 1:17 pm

I would have no problem with this if they were to have a decent debate of ideas, but you know all the questions will be more along the line of "when did you stop beating your wife" type questions.

Sorry, but I cannot take a "news" site seriously that cannot even bother to ask Obama about F&F but are quick to report on how Obama believes that if he had a son he would look like Trayvon.

6. Truesoldier__ on April 2nd, 2012 1:18 pm

"The Today Show’s ratings have been like Pamela Anderson’s rack: Highly impressive in the past but lately starting to deflate and sag."

The same could be said of Couric….

7. Marshall_Will on April 2nd, 2012 2:09 pm

Or more specifically, a news outlet that exists -only- to serve as a mouth piece or extension of the administration's optics.

As we've seen many times in the past, Progs only engage when they have the upper hand and can control, script, couch and frame your every response. So why bother? Oh and btw Mr. pResident, if my aunt had b@lls ( she'd have been my uncle? )

8. TheLiberalMedia on April 2nd, 2012 6:03 pm

The Lefts' hate machine? But the right is nice and happy go lucky? What goddam fantasy world do you live…. oh the Fox News Bubble.

Sorry for the intrusion.

9. TheLiberalMedia on April 2nd, 2012 6:03 pm

And Palin…..

10. SignPainterGuy on April 2nd, 2012 7:39 pm

Excellent point and reminder !

Besides a "ratings game", will the left actually see some real conservatism or will Sarah just be played again ?

11. SignPainterGuy on April 2nd, 2012 7:42 pm

Sarah was never a fake in the first place !

12. Truesoldier__ on April 2nd, 2012 8:03 pm

I see your still mad that the polling data proves that Conservatives are happier than liberals.

13. Granny55 on April 2nd, 2012 8:43 pm

This is my take on this. NBC is trying to make up for it's mythical coverage of the "war on women" – Sandra – I like to – Fluke coverage. They just got the memos of all of the hateful things said about conservative women and want to give a "fair shake" to conservative women (barf, barf). Enter Gov. Palin. I think her ratings are going to be great but she is going to be sucker punched in the end. I don't know what she is thinking by going on NBC and setting herself up. Once they have their ratings bonanza they will go back to stabbing her in the back. Not a smart move on Palin's part. I really do like her but she get terrible advice from her handlers. I would not set foot on an NBC set – EVER or CBS or ABC or CNN or MESSNBC. After the constant trashing she gets from all of them – I would tell them to eff off.

14. SignPainterGuy on April 2nd, 2012 11:18 pm

My hope is, Sarah sees all this coming and has a surprise of her own in store. It may be interesting to see, at the end when Sarah is thrown her sucker punch, she hits them with one of her own, catching them off guard. They may trip over themselves trying to jump to a commercial ! Heh heh !

15. Michelle on April 3rd, 2012 10:38 am

Being off work today I thought I would give it a peek. First observation is the number of commercials is stunning! Then, the panel discussion with Donny D Bag, Nancy Snyderman, whose face is barely recognizable from so much plastic surgery since I last saw her and the Black woman who used to be on the View
    ( whatever her name is) and Matt facing off the group like some low rent lecturer as they discussed today's topics, sorry couldn't take anymore. I like Sarah just fine but this was unbearable. I lasted about three minutes of the actual "show".

16. ChapBix on April 3rd, 2012 3:59 pm

Not to mention conservatives outnumber regressives.

17. ChapBix on April 3rd, 2012 4:03 pm

I did not watch it. too busy getting ready for work. I get a paycheck for that. From watching the Today Show, not so much.

18. backwoodsconsr on April 3rd, 2012 4:04 pm

I missed it. I may check a few of the clips at Hot Air.

19. backwoodsconsr on April 3rd, 2012 4:22 pm

My case was misreading the TV listings. I saw Today listed at 10:00 and missed seeing the 7:00 listing. When I tuned in at 10:00 it sounded like they were saying goodbye to her. So I just turned the TV off and went outside to have some fun with my new chainsaw.

20. SignPainterGuy on April 3rd, 2012 10:37 pm

That has pretty much always been the case, but with the complicity of the enemedia and the monied leftists like Soros, it sounds like libs hold a huge majority ! Plus the fact that conservatives aren`t usually loudmouths !