Don’t take this too seriously, I think it’s just the crack talking:

“We’ve got to do something about these Asians coming in, opening up businesses — those dirty shops,” Barry said Tuesday night, after winning the Democratic primary for the city’s Ward 8 seat and effectively securing a third council term.

Barry went on to say: “They ought to go. I’ll just say that right now, you know. But we need African-American businesspeople to be able to take their places, too.”

I’d say “imagine the reaction if this were a white politician talking about a different race,” but I won’t waste my time. The media will greet this with a collective yawn.

Update: Heh… Barry says his remarks were taken out of context.

Comments

9 Responses to “Marion Barry: We’ve Got to Replace These Asian Businesses With African-American Businesses”

1. Truesoldier__ on April 5th, 2012 2:43 pm

Once again a liberal proves that it is the left that is obsessed with race.

2. Truesoldier__ on April 5th, 2012 2:56 pm

O/T…Bill Ayers complains about airlines allowing military members to board commercial flight first and thanking them for their service. Says we should be thanking teachers and nurses instead.

3. SignPainterGuy on April 5th, 2012 3:32 pm

The press paid little attention to Barry`s crack and other addictions, why would they even notice such a minor racial slur as this ? (NOTE: By "minor", I`m referring to BO and Holder`s "Blacks can`t be racists" meme)

4. Dexter_Alarius on April 5th, 2012 3:33 pm

Bill Ayers ought to be having his parole denied (again) about now. He needs to STFU.

5. SignPainterGuy on April 5th, 2012 3:39 pm

BA is nothing short of disgusting, but I have to agree to a point about thanking "good" teachers and definitely thanking nurses. Nurses are extraordinary individuals who do far more than their training and positions should require, and certainly deserve far more praise and pay than they get !!

I can easily understand his like of socialist indoctrinated teachers, but what connection does he have to nurses ?

6. JetHeadJoe on April 5th, 2012 3:47 pm

I don't live in Washington, but I'd love to see Mr. Barry come to my Tae Kwon Do school and tell my Master that he's running a "dirty Asian school." I hope Mr. Barry brings his sparring gear; I strongly suspect that he will need it.

7. SignPainterGuy on April 5th, 2012 8:52 pm

That would be worth the price of admission or a donation to the school if none is charged ! IOW, I`d pay to see that !

8. Marshall_Will on April 5th, 2012 10:01 pm

What is UP w/ the whole Philthy Philippian thing lately..!?!

Oh… 'I' get it, The Professional Left has written off the Asian Vote altogether and like a spurned lover, now all they have is hateful things to say? Pretty obvious Obie "Wants to be ALL our pResident" by carefully calculating the min. female votes he'll need to carry swing states and the rest of us can go pound sand.

Got it.

9. Marshall_Will on April 5th, 2012 10:05 pm

Yes, and I'll bet half the G.I's offer to help someone's mom w/ their carry on, insist women w/ young children get situated and are bend over backwards kind to the flight attendants.

This isn't about marking your territory PEU-style Errors. Like everything ELSE in your Prog existence. So SUCK it Bill. Lightly, slightly POLITELY ( and all nightly )