Once in a while I’ll pick up some pizza from the local Little Caesars, but knowing some of my money has paid for this Hope & Change shindig is enough to nudge me on down the road to a different pizza place:

President Barack Obama is coming to the Motor City for a $1 million pizza party being thrown for him compliments of Denise Ilitch, daughter of Little Caesars’ founders Mike and Marian Ilitch. Ilitch is opening her home April 18 for the fundraiser where movers and shakers are being asked to pony up thousands to add to his re-election coffer while getting a chance to rub shoulders with the most powerful man on the planet. “I’m honored to have been asked,” by the Obama campaign to host,” Ilitch said of the event she and husband, Jim Scalici, will hold at their Metro Detroit home. She made the comments on “Michigan Matters” when asked about media reports.

And of course the fundraiser will feature a tribute to the 99 percent:

When asked what she planned to serve, she said: “Pizza! But, we’ll be serving it on sterling silver plates!”

The price of admission isn’t for those on a budget. $40,000 buys access to the cocktail reception, formal photo with Obama and dinner. $10,000 buys dinner and a photo.

Appropriately enough, this fundraiser will take place amid the backdrop of Detroit… the city serving as a preview of coming attractions for what the kind of unchecked, unabashed, leftist nirvana Obama stands for can do to an area.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to go consider other pizza options.

Comments

12 Responses to “Obama’s Million Dollar Pizza Party”

1. backwoodsconsr on April 10th, 2012 12:17 pm

How much would it cost to get some pizza with a guarantee that Obama wouldn't show up? I hate it when boors show up and ruin a perfectly good party.

2. Truesoldier__ on April 10th, 2012 12:32 pm

Serving pizza on sterling silver plates…..yeah that's really going to send the message that Obama is just an average guy./sarc

Makes you wonder if the beer will be served in Waterford crystal fluted glasses?

3. clu seatoe on April 10th, 2012 1:08 pm

I’m guessing the attendees won’t be the crowd of youngsters who can down a whole pizza and keep on going unscathed. Therefore, dessert for the fogies will be a tiny square of chocolate that can be picked up on the way out and better not be forgotten on pain of… hey, hey! OK ‘nuff said.

Zero may be ecstatic but flotus is in a tizzy knowing all the cameras will be on her plate. And waiting to see how the “Little” guy creates a vegan pizza – what a waste. The last time I was at Cesar’s I don’t remember seeing a salad bar.

For $40K/per I’m betting the menu will be expanded.

4. Granny55 on April 10th, 2012 1:10 pm

This makes me so mad – the Illitche's own the Detroit Tigers and the Detroit Red Wings and I am a big fan of both. To think that the money that they make off of the backs of hardworking fans is going to support Ozero is soooooo disappointing :( :( :(

5. Truesoldier__ on April 10th, 2012 1:30 pm

I am sure that instead of pepperoni and green peppers it will be topped with Wasabi Beef and arugula.

6. SignPainterGuy on April 10th, 2012 1:34 pm

I see a bunch of ruined sterling silver plates in the Ilitch`s future ! And Mooch is not gonna be happy with the cameras in her face. There WILL be cameras, right ? Can`t wait to NOT look at the pix !

7. Yazsters on April 10th, 2012 2:26 pm

I remember in high school, mid way through in my Junior year the school decided it was alright for us kids to frequent restaurants around the area. I think that was the story. Anyway, a Little Ceasars coincidently had just opened up around the block, serving pizza slices during our lunch hour. It was heaven! At the time much better than the saltine crackers with cheese, spaghetti sauce and sausage spread on top the cafeteria served.

8. SignPainterGuy on April 10th, 2012 3:53 pm

DiGiorno`s (sp?) is looking better all the time !

9. ScottyB on April 10th, 2012 5:23 pm

Wings fan here, too. Sad to hear that my beloved Wings are less than 6 degrees of separation from a pro-Obama event.

Hopefully, Obama will lose just as Nashville will lose to the Wings in the first round.

GO WINGS!

10. POPO on June 22nd, 2012 6:12 pm

WHAT

11. POPO1 on June 22nd, 2012 6:12 pm

WHAT

12. Linda Salinas on October 8th, 2012 12:20 am

This is quite an expensive pizza party but if it's for a cause, then I think it's okay to participate specially if you have the means. It may not be as affordable as the ones at the party hire in Perth, still its purpose is worth it.