This I believe:

“I want to thank President Santos and the people of Colombia for the extraordinary hospitality in the beautiful city of Cartagena,” said Obama. “We’re having a wonderful time. And usually when I take these summit trips, part of my job is to scout out where I may want to bring Michelle back later for vacation. So we’ll make sure to come back sometime in the near future.”

For some reason, a record number of Secret Service agents have requested to work Obama’s detail if he returns to Colombia for R & R. Hopefully after January of next year, when The One becomes The Done, he’ll able to take an extended vacation.

Comments

29 Responses to “Obama Speaks the Truth”

1. jeffythequick on April 16th, 2012 6:25 pm

Maybe the SS wants some S&M with the POTUS' R&R…

2. Granny55 on April 16th, 2012 6:31 pm

He really is just so full of himself. In light of his thin skinned answer about family vacations with that local reporter last week, I think he brought this up just to spit in our faces. It is so disrespectful and the fact that he did spout off about vacation planning is proof he is very much out for himself and to hell with the American people.

3. SignPainterGuy on April 16th, 2012 7:13 pm

"when The One becomes The Done, …….. extended vacation." "The Done", I like the thoughts of that, but I`d rather he went back home to Kenya so his lifetime appointment of SS agents can run one of those massive cattle ranches !

Yep Granny, it has always been about him; first, foremost and always !

4. Marshall_Will on April 16th, 2012 7:19 pm

Knowing The Done as we've come to know him ( you're probably right! ) And isn't that just about the 8th Grade, juvenile response we've come to expect when anyone DARE criticize Him?

The real measure of His 'genius' and work ethic comes ( as Doug suggests ) when January inevitably arrives and he takes a year or three off to "reflect on His future". Kind of like college grads did in the 90's dot.com boom. Day trading their graduation money in an ETrade account until their once in a lifetime backpacker experience came together?

5. Granny55 on April 16th, 2012 7:53 pm

Did you see that interview last week when the reporter asked him about the vacations? You could tell by the look on his face – he was pi$$ed off. Just shows how thin skinned he is when he gets caught with his pants down.

6. SignPainterGuy on April 16th, 2012 8:07 pm

Tehonewhowonone, Mr. Thin Skin, can`t handle the truth, prying eyes or doubts on his job performance ! I hope Romney and the GOP will flood the airwaves and interwebs with stories and images of precisely that !

7. jeffythequick on April 16th, 2012 9:00 pm

last week…
    last month…
    last year…

It's all the same.

However, I'd love to be Mitt's debate coach… Hit him on vacations, total lack of clarity on the economy, inciting division, and the ummm errr umm as a sign he's lying.

Eventually, he'll start doing the umm err ummm, and then Mitt can say, "See folks, he's lying again!"

Never ever play defense.

8. Marshall_Will on April 16th, 2012 9:23 pm

Or show mercy. NOT… at this stage of the game.

I've run into this over the years. I think we all have. A co-worker has an affair w/ another employee that you have the misfortune of working closely with. Suffice to say esprit de corps is circling the drain and workplace tensions are high.

Of course the primary agitator sees it as his right & privilege to point you out or shout you down for "being a nosy busybody" or worse, an immature gossip!" Reeeeeally? There's slashed tires in the parking lot, good workers are quitting, NOTHING is getting done and we're ALL running the risk of getting fired. All as result of your teenage LUST but "I" am the problem!?

Got it Mr. pResident….

9. SignPainterGuy on April 16th, 2012 9:32 pm

Ha ha, so much like what happened to me. My long time buddy has a history of BS`n with a tell; clearing his throat. Some new employees asked me if I`d noticed it and did I think it was a sure "tell" ? I simply verified. His wife found out about it, accused me of being the one to spread the false rumor and developed an all-encompassing hate of me ! It became too toxic eventually, so I quit a 42 yr. friendship !

10. Marshall_Will on April 16th, 2012 9:56 pm

Psychopaths in the workplace that feel trapped and unable to move 'up' will often concoct a "game changer" or attempt to reshuffle the deck by way of sexual mulligan.

So they set about stirring the shizz with blatant and egregious shenanigans they make no effort to keep covert. The mark is immediately labeled a 'whore' and by design an instant casualty.

Anyone ( like yourself ) that simply affirms the god awful truth, might as well be applying for pink slip as well? Or effectively how Bammie stole the nomination out from under Hillary and uh… conducted his whole career. Going back to his first election.

If you're at work and can't figure out how the person seated next to you manages to 'keep' their job, ask for a TRANSFER. Pronto.

11. SignPainterGuy on April 16th, 2012 10:41 pm

So, you`ve been THAT fly on the wall ? Accurate assessment !

12. Marshall_Will on April 16th, 2012 11:06 pm

SPG,

I STAYED married in an industry determined to make sure you don't stay that way. A hot broker on a roll was almost 'expected' to trade in the old wife and there were always plenty of younger ( relatively ) gals throwing themselves your general direction.

I believe "the record" for Portland was (5) Many times they'd become the new office "power couple" ( although you could never be certain they were actually sleeping together? )

So if you can't "pull a Holder" ( screw up MOVE up ) there's always sleeping your to the top?

13. jeffythequick on April 16th, 2012 11:10 pm

Yep, no mercy, and make sure your game plan changes for the subsequent debate. Nice-isms, like "my opponent is misstating…" are nice for high school. A simple, "there you go again…" or "you're lying" is far more effective.Afterwards, have the talking heads for the R side, just keep reiterating the points that Mitt did, and keep on attacking.

After what Obama's minions did to Jack Ryan, no mercy, no quarter indeed.

14. Marshall_Will on April 17th, 2012 12:12 am

Especially considering while 'Obama' may be eager to debate.., TEAM Obama ( not so much? )

His record sucks, Katie P. just came out w/ a book sure to stir more controversy for The Done and the DNC while continuing to be nasty will sound more like the guy at the end of the bar mumbling mostly to himself?

All nasty and disgruntled over just getting fired. That's when the bartender leans over and tells you; "See that guy over there? Yeah well he got fired ( thirteen YEARS ago! ) so pay him no mind. He's annoying but harmless, for the 'most' part?"

A second term may be good for P'BO and Meanchelle but a total disaster for the DNC. We won't live long enough to see them regain majorities. They'd LOVE to be running Hillary right now but they're STUCK w/ Him.

15. jeffythequick on April 17th, 2012 1:11 am

Hey Doug!

I love the clever irony of having a post about Obama telling the truth as "uncategorized"!

Not too many of those to categorize, eh?

16. jeffythequick on April 17th, 2012 1:13 am

One thing I hate to do is predict the future, knowing that the LSM will repeat, ad nauseum, how great he is/was.

Remember, we got Clinton 12 years after Carter.

17. jeffythequick on April 17th, 2012 1:15 am

Just curious, where in Portland? I just moved up to Everett after living in Sherwood. I miss the people of Sherwood, but the politics of Oregon are only matched by the politics of Washington.

18. Doug on April 17th, 2012 1:16 am

You know, not giving it a category was a mistake, but now that you mention it,"uncategorized" is the perfect catetory for it, so I think I'll leave it that way.

19. Marshall_Will on April 17th, 2012 2:10 am

Jeff,

Likewise I miss the good folk of Sherwood. For many years my best clients were out that way. King City too. But… like a lot of self-employed here, Measures 63 & 66 proved to be too much.

They either scaled back their business or left town altogether. Btw, since their passage the revenue imagined by policy wonks in Salem never uh… materialized? Gosh, wonder why? Since I thrived off new biz generation, this absolutely KILLED me.

So.., instead, like my former clients, I too went Galt and threw myself into helping our adult children and their new families, coping w/ rampant O-employment, skyrocketing gas prices, college loans and new 'arrivals'.

My wife and I have been married 28 years and reside in the only town in America w/ a TV 'mayor'. So I'm something of a laughingstock even on Conservative blogs. We plan on moving shortly….

20. Marshall_Will on April 17th, 2012 2:15 am

True, but we didn't have the black swan/wild card/TEA PARTY then either! I believe Michelle and other posters have predicted it would take awhile for TP candidates to work their way thru the system.

It's fairly easy for me to visualize one of our own making a run at the WH in short order. But I absolutely agree, I've contributed to numerous stock/econ blogs and I hate to get painted into a corner over playing Nostradamus myself.

21. SignPainterGuy on April 17th, 2012 2:22 am

Fascinating sometimes how things just work out !?

22. backwoodsconsr on April 17th, 2012 10:13 am

For a category I might suggest "Unprecedented".

23. Truesoldier__ on April 17th, 2012 10:46 am

Part of me wonders if he will go off the deep end, kinda like Gore did when he lost to Bush in 2000. With an ego like that it would not surprise me that he could not deal with the reality that he was rejected (and it would be even more of a rejection if he looses in a landslide).

24. Truesoldier__ on April 17th, 2012 10:47 am

That interview was a very telling one. How much you want to bet that the reporter has been blacklisted not only by the WH, but the LSM as well.

25. Truesoldier__ on April 17th, 2012 10:50 am

You got that right. I used to live in Troutdale back in the 90's. Then I went back into the Army and headed for Germany. Now I am back in the PNW in Yelm down by Fort Lewis (I just cant call it JBLM)

26. Truesoldier__ on April 17th, 2012 10:53 am

I am wondering if Romney saying the other day that Obama needs to start packing was just the first in many to come things that will be said to get under Obama's skin. IF so, then it sounds to me like this presidential debate could be worth watching (if Obama will agree to one).

27. jeffythequick on April 17th, 2012 11:03 am

Breitbart might be hiring! If I were a journalist, that would be one of the few places I would work. FNC has lost some of it's edge, lately.

Between Will, you, and me, at least there are 3 here in the NW… ;)

28. jeffythequick on April 17th, 2012 11:56 am

We'll find him in some hotel room with a masseuse in 4 or 5 years…

29. SignPainterGuy on April 17th, 2012 1:47 pm

I have a feeling that, unlike Shrillary, Meanchelle won`t stick by her man !