Welcome to the second America, Mr. Edwards.

From the New York Post:

Disgraced former senator and presidential candidate John Edwards, reviled for his costy coifs on the campaign trail, now places his strands in the hands of the pros at Supercuts.

Edwards, who in his political heydey went to stylist Joseph Torrenueva, whose Beverly Hills salon charges $300 to $500 per cut, now goes to Supercuts in Raleigh, NC, for a $12.95 job, employees say.

“We just talked about his hair,” said a hairdresser named Leah, who recognized Edwards from a photo.

Haircuts are free in federal prison, where Edwards, 58, could spend up to the next 30 years if he is found guilty of violating campaign-finance laws.

Has Pink Sapphire declared bankruptcy yet?

How long before Edwards is spotted in ::gulp!:: Wal-Mart?

Comments

34 Responses to “How the Mighty Have Fallen: John Edwards Now Getting Hair Done at… Supercuts”

1. SignPainterGuy on April 17th, 2012 2:03 pm

Looks like the destination (end product) was the same. No doubt, the journey was what was being paid for. Robin Williams would have had much resource material.

2. Truesoldier__ on April 17th, 2012 3:05 pm

How much time he spends in jail (if any) will depend on how much dirt he has on other Democrats.

3. SignPainterGuy on April 17th, 2012 3:18 pm

I`ve thought the same thing, but all the delays, fights over the sex tape, his illness, has me wondering. Is Mr. C-Section too incompetent to play the blackmail game ?

4. clu seatoe on April 17th, 2012 3:40 pm

“Haircuts are free in federal prison…”

That will depend on whether his boyfriend wants him to cut it or not.
    =====

“Supercuts in Raleigh, NC, for a $12.95 job…”

Edwards:
    This has opened up a whole new world for me that I never knew existed — the little people.

5. Granny55 on April 17th, 2012 4:19 pm

He gives me the creeps – period!!!

6. Dale on April 17th, 2012 4:26 pm

Both haircuts look like Granny from the Beverly Hillbillies put a cereal bowl on his head and cut around the bottom.

7. Marshall_Will on April 17th, 2012 4:39 pm

Hey… HEY. You just watch how you talk about Granny around here damn it!

8. Marshall_Will on April 17th, 2012 4:41 pm

I'm guessing long. His ears would probably prove inadequate 'grip' for cellmate Ben Dover. Agreed, this psychopath creeps me out every time I see him.

9. Yazsters on April 17th, 2012 5:19 pm

They do a great job of cutting hair! I'm thinking next time I'm there I might even be sung to.

10. jeffythequick on April 17th, 2012 5:45 pm

Geez Louise…

Mrs. thequick paid $19.95 for a haircut set, and my hair looks just fine, and the cost per cut keeps going down over time. I think the overall cost has been about $1.00/each.

Any man that pays more than $15 for a haircut isn't a man, unless there are man-worthy fringe benefits involved, like BBQ, personal TV with sports or Clint Eastwood movies*, or a scantily clad woman performing the haircut. Then, and only then, would I understand $500, and it better be dang good BBQ.

*Bridges of Madison County excluded

11. Truesoldier__ on April 17th, 2012 6:56 pm

O/T..but worth noting.

First, Axelrod is attacking Gallop claim "methodolgoy problems" in their polling…of course this is due to the latest gallop poll showing Romney at 48% and Obama at 43%.

And even better. The GOP in the Senate may finally be growing a pair. Sen McConnel has decided to join a lawsuit in regards to the labor board appointments while the Senata was still in session.

12. SignPainterGuy on April 17th, 2012 7:18 pm

He disgusts me ! He`s largely responsible for the uptick in C-Sections, treating pregnancy like a disease, making childbirth so much more expensive !

13. backwoodsconsr on April 17th, 2012 7:51 pm

Shave and a haircut…two bits!

14. clu seatoe on April 17th, 2012 8:51 pm

Too many X’s.

15. Marshall_Will on April 17th, 2012 9:49 pm

Refresh our memory.., did Axeljob raise objections when LSM polls were showing The Done by 12 pts. in '08?

scuhREW David Axelrod…!

16. Marshall_Will on April 17th, 2012 9:56 pm

Never met a Class Action suit he didn't like!

17. Marshall_Will on April 17th, 2012 10:04 pm

Kidding aside, MM hardly can get thru the week without some perv-prog making comment "You should be giving pedicures in a nail salon!" ( Gosh, how original and 'funny' )

Well, whether they work at Supercuts or whatever, these are some of THE hardest working people in America and I'm always proud when I see them in the grocery store or on the street!

And… they've been hurting. Not that the likes of My Pretty Pony or Obeyme could give a rip? When your Unemployment runs out and you're paying $4.25 + for gas, getting that nifty haircut not nearly the priority it perhaps once was.

These people aren't asking -anyone- for ANYTHING. They just want to do an honest day's work for an honest day's pay. Guess that just isn't good enough in America any more?

18. SignPainterGuy on April 17th, 2012 10:08 pm

Only if poppin` the corks is showing objections !

19. SignPainterGuy on April 17th, 2012 10:11 pm

Seems to have rallied a few !

20. SignPainterGuy on April 17th, 2012 10:31 pm

Don`t worry about the bowl; Jethro eats right outta the box ! Quicker that way ! ;-)

21. Marshall_Will on April 17th, 2012 10:31 pm

"Please tell me which presidential candidate you think would do a better job handling each of the following issues as president. What about [see below]? Do you think Barack Obama or John McCain would do a better job handling this issue?"

Obama McCain Equally (vol.) Neither (vol.) Unsure
    % % % % %

"The economy and jobs"
    10/22-23/08
    56/33 ( Are you freaking KIDDING me? )

10/8-9/08
    54/35

"Energy policy and gas prices"
    10/22-23/08
    51/36 ( Guess we ALL got a chance to EAT that one huh? )

"Terrorism and national security"
    10/22-23/08
    40/50

"Health care" ( And now for the capper! )
    10/22-23/08
    58/30

"Taxes and government spending" ( You mean Porkulus? )
    10/22-23/08
    53/38

"Issues like abortion, guns*, and same-sex marriage"
    10/22-23/08
    47/37

By *guns we'll assume they mean "arming CARTEL thugs!"

22. ChapBix on April 17th, 2012 10:47 pm

Don't the inmates cut other prisoners' hair in prison?

23. ChapBix on April 17th, 2012 10:48 pm

If he looked like that in 2008, he might have done better than he did.

24. SignPainterGuy on April 17th, 2012 11:03 pm

I find it incredulous that those figures reflect any reality. Clearly no one would believe that the general populus could think Zero could do better on Terrorism and Nat`l sec., so that one can`t be faked except that too many do think he would do well at all. The others, I`m flabbergasted that people actually give him that much confidence. Who did they survey ?

25. Marshall_Will on April 17th, 2012 11:27 pm

A stockbroker is always going to go w/ the trend, and these were pretty typical. How does any candidate w/ polling numbers in the 30's on many critical issues manage to come up w/ almost HALF the vote..?

Steaming Pile made it look every bit the landslide and if you ran a blog on organic gardening in the greater Carbondale area, it was being overrun by PAID progressive operatives.

ISTR the broader emphasis was never so much on what a 'qualified' candidate Oblowme was but that the GOP was so reprehensible any choice would have been better.

26. SignPainterGuy on April 17th, 2012 11:33 pm

He sucks, vote for me ! ?

27. jeffythequick on April 17th, 2012 11:51 pm

Oh, I agree with you, and I was making the point about the economic times. The money we save by me getting my hair cut goes directly to her getting her hair done.

I respect hard work, especially when it comes to tipping the work of those in the service industry.

28. jeffythequick on April 18th, 2012 1:12 am

I see what she has on her site, and the ones I see all fail these rules:
    ILMC – I think he's Doug, or an almost troll. He always seems to go near the line, but not too far over. (I do laugh at the names y'all come up with for him)
    Ota Benga – A true believer
    Chapoteur – A smart guy, just on the wrong side.
    Kentroyal5 – Another smart guy, and if I drank, I'd have a beer with him, and we might be friends that give each other crap about each other's views.

And I have rules (and I break them sometimes):

1. He who calls names first loses. (that goes for all ad hominem attacks, even missed ones, like the pedicure one…) (the Frustration rule)
    2. When I'm winning an argument, press on. (the Patton rule)
    3. When I make a mistake, admit it, learn from it, don't (intentionally) make the same mistake again. (the continuous improvement rule)
    4. When my foes are fighting amongst themselves, let them be. (the Reagan rule).
    5. When I don't have something intelligent to say, stay quiet. (the Wise Saying on a Matchbook rule)

29. Marshall_Will on April 18th, 2012 1:41 am

For the most part agreed. Excepting old Kent. Reminds of the kind of guy you're trouncing out on the course so rather than address the ugly reality he needs lessons, rather he'll pick apart THE most convenient loose thread to jinx your momentum.

I already have plenty of 'friends' like that thankyouverymuch. Libs are taking such a REGAL rump-pounding ( of their own making btw ) all that's left is antagonism.

As for his criticisms that MM's site is "going downhill", even left leaning web graders have to concede "She has the largest digital footprint in the political blogging spectrum". To me the guy is just laughable.

30. jeffythequick on April 18th, 2012 2:34 am

I know, but I seem to attract rational Lib friends, if they can be called that. Ones that believe that can argue their point rationally, and not descend into the name calling or "If we don't have Head Start, kids will die on the street!"

31. SignPainterGuy on April 18th, 2012 2:43 am

MM opened registration last year for the first time in over 3 years, I think. Perhaps, if you send her a number of useful tips, she may open the door.

We here at Doug`s Place hinted strongly and coincidentally, she opened the door and got a flood of what must be hundreds. ;-)

I myself was happy as a tornader headin` fer a trailer park to get in !

32. jeffythequick on April 19th, 2012 3:43 am

I have noticed a few new faces there. The ones I mentioned stir things up, and make sure our team is on our game.

For some reason, I thought that there was a secret door or something. I actually edited that part out (the MM part), as I was wondering if it was a bit crass to ask on Doug's site.

33. supercuts on April 26th, 2012 7:06 am

The post is written in very a good manner and it entails many useful information for me. I appreciated what you have done here.
    I am always searching for informative information like this. Thanks for sharing with us.

34. Jerseys on May 8th, 2012 4:21 am

the furniture really looks great !