Democrats are aghast after Ted Nugent, in reference to the need to defeat the Dems in November, said “we need to take these sons of bitches out!”

Oh wait, that was said by Jimmy Hoffa Jr. at an event attended by President Obama, and it was directed at the Tea Party (Obama later said he was “proud” of Hoffa). So “take these sons of bitches out” is an acceptable election metaphor. An unacceptable election metaphor was used by Ted Nugent, and apparently the Secret Service is now involved:

The U.S. Secret Service is looking into a violent rant by “Catch Scratch Fever” rocker Ted Nugent in which he denounced President Barack Obama and his top advisers as “evil” and urged National Rifle Association members to help “chop their heads off in November.”

“I’ll tell you this right now: If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year,” Nugent said. “We need to ride into that battlefield and chop their heads off in November. Any questions?”

Nugent, speaking at the organization’s annual gathering over the weekend, praised NRA members but warned that if they did not “get everybody in your lives to clean house in this vile, evil, America-hating administration, I don’t even know what you’re made out of.”

“If the coyote’s in your living room, pissing on your couch, it’s not the coyote’s fault. It’s your fault for not shooting him,” he said. He also denounced the administration as “criminals” and said a Democratic victory in November would mean “we’ll be a suburb of Indonesia next year” — an apparent reference to Obama’s boyhood time there.

The MSM and Beltway liberals (pardon the redundancy) are wondering if Mitt Romney will publicly call out and denounce the offensive and vulgar entertainer. Will Mitt even get so disgusted that he’ll ask the Super PAC that supports his campaign to send back Nugent’s million dollar campaign donation? Wait — dammit!… sorry, I got my people mixed up again.

Below is the clip in question of Nugent at the NRA convention. Maybe The Nuge could have softened it up a bit by instead saying “we need to put ‘em in a ‘Stranglehold’ in November.” No? Yeah, you’re right. The NYT headline the next day would have read “Ted Nugent encourages rabid right-wing throng to asphyxiate political opponents, Romney yet to denounce Motor City Madman”:

Update: Nugent doubled down this morning:

“I spoke at the NRA and I will stand by my speech. It was 100 percent positive,” Nugent told the Dana Loesch radio show today. “It’s about we the people taking back our American dream from the corrupt monsters in the federal government under this administration and the communist czars he’s appointed.”

“See, I’m a black Jew at a Nazi-Klan rally, and there are some power-abusing corrupt monsters in our federal government that despise me because I have the audacity to speak the truth to identify the violations of our government, particularly Eric Holder and the president and Tim Geithner, ad nauseam,” Nugent told Loesch.

“I have never in my life threatened anyone’s life. I’m incapable of threatening anyone’s life. Because I’m about positive change, my entire speech, all my articles,” he later added.

Nugent also had choice words for Democratic National Committee chairwoman Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz as well as House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, both of whom he referred to as “varmints.”

“Varmints are sometimes clever, but they are really easy to outmaneuver,” he said. “If you just listen to Wasserman Schultz, just watch the lady talk, listen to her words, examine her voting record. Listen to Nancy Pelosi, this sub-human scoundrel … these government monsters are so out of control. I’m using my First Amendment.

“The job of we the people is to spotlight cockroaches, and come November we’re going to stomp them at the voting booth,” he said.

Comments

13 Responses to “Ted Nugent Metaphors Draw Attention of Secret Service”

1. ChapBix on April 17th, 2012 11:59 pm

This is just too rich for comment. Oh, the irony of it.

2. jeffythequick on April 18th, 2012 12:43 am

@Ted,

I like your chutzpah, but (to change the analogy) we don't want to give the puck to the other team while we all jump in the penalty box, either.

3. SignPainterGuy on April 18th, 2012 1:27 am

I have a feeling that the Secret Service guys are snickering while they pretend to investigate the Nuge. They can`t be that dumb. Oh wait, there`s that Colombia thing. Hmmmm !

4. clu seatoe on April 18th, 2012 1:47 am

If the Nuge would have ranted from a dimly lit runway while swinging around a pole he would have had the SS wrapped.

5. Marshall_Will on April 18th, 2012 1:51 am

I have to be fair on this one. Didn't much care for the ALL-OUT blitzkrieg that resulted from Hopey Changey spelling windfall SO inclusive it made room for everyone from Jon Stewart to Keith Olberskank to Jeaneane Barfalo.

We're already WINNING as Jeff notes. I love Ted, primarily as a guitar player. I also respect he's always remained a Conservative even when 99.7% of his industry jumped on the nearest bandwagon.

For those not in a band, playing music is the purest form of Meritocracy. The best jammers, singers, draw, nay SUCK all of the talent their way. As long as paying gigs are lined up, you'll continue to sport a fabulous backing crew. When that dries UP ( they're gone before you can say Baby Please Don't Go! )

6. SignPainterGuy on April 18th, 2012 2:26 am

Do you mean "wrapt" attention ?

7. backwoodsconsr on April 18th, 2012 7:30 am

At least it isn't rap.

8. Granny55 on April 18th, 2012 10:57 am

I don't think Nuge has anything to worry about. Just buy a couple bottles of high end whiskey and throw a couple hookers at the SS and any problems go away.

9. Marshall_Will on April 18th, 2012 11:10 am

Ha! ISTR a 'similar' joke along those lines from the past? Lol

In my mind, where the misstep took place, dethroning P'BO is more about the quiet resolve any abused person rises to when they've finally had enough. Are boisterous rallies really what's needed here?

It's safe to say, if you're a mooderate or independent and we can't count on you to do the the right thing THIS time around, you're of absolutely NO use to us at any point going forward. None whatsoever.

Every good Conservative knows, a second term will spell The End for this once great nation ( and other arrangements will have to be made! ) Do we really need to spend a $Billion Dollars to get you to see that?

10. Truesoldier__ on April 18th, 2012 12:48 pm

I heard Nuge on the Beck show this morning. He said that he will cooperate fully as he knows the SS is just following orders, but he thought it was a bit ironic that they have to ask him to explain what he said, especially in light that he wrote the song Wang Dang Sweet PooTang. I had to laugh at that one.

They went on to tell a story about how a Fallen Navy SEAL had put in his will that if he died in combat he wanted Ted Nuggent to perform at his funeral. Ted Nuggent found out about this and made arrangements to honor the SEAL's request in the will. Shortly before the memorial Ted Nuggent received a call from the military saying that someone very high up had heard from someone even higher up in the government that someone in the government that would be at the funeral did not want Ted Nuggent at the funeral, so he was univited.

11. Marshall_Will on April 18th, 2012 4:12 pm

"someone very high up had heard from someone even higher up"

Unreal. Under threat of their career no doubt. Wonder who that might have been? Hmm…..

12. Truesoldier__ on April 18th, 2012 5:24 pm

Exactly. Not hard to figure out when it was a funeral being held at Arlington. Sounds to me like the 'someone' could not stand not being the center of attention.

13. jeffythequick on April 19th, 2012 4:00 am

and that suck up to the president thing too…

I'd love to see it go to court, and have Ted read them the riot act. I just watched it again, and I'd love to see Ted explain to them what a metaphor is.