Jim Treacher at the Daily Caller had a find that is pretty funny, considering Team Obama has spent the last several weeks knocking Mitt Romney for once driving with a dog on the roof of the car. In the book Dreams from My Father, Obama revealed that as young boy in Indonesia he totally one-upped Romney:

“With Lolo, I learned how to eat small green chill peppers raw with dinner (plenty of rice), and, away from the dinner table, I was introduced to dog meat (tough), snake meat (tougher), and roasted grasshopper (crunchy),” the president wrote. “Like many Indonesians, Lolo followed a brand of Islam that could make room for the remnants of more ancient animist and Hindu faiths. He explained that a man took on the powers of whatever he ate: One day soon, he promised, he would bring home a piece of tiger meat for us to share.”

Mmm, mmm, mmm!

And of course the fact that the right is having some fun with this story is causing some on the left to accuse conservatives of inventing a “Muslim dog eater” meme, but they’re the once who invented the meme because nobody ever said anything about that. Project much?

In closing, it was probably a bad time for Joe Biden to say this about Obama: “This guy means it, he feels it, he tastes it.”

Update: Contrition.

Comments

27 Responses to “Dog Wars: Stuck to the Roof of Romney’s Car vs. Stuck to the Roof of Obama’s Mouth”

1. The Zoo Keeper on April 18th, 2012 12:28 pm

Look folks, Obama is as all-American as hotdogs, snake meat, roasted grasshopper, baseball & apple pie. Now get off his back.

2. backwoodsconsr on April 18th, 2012 12:39 pm

So Obama has taken on the attributes of a dog, a snake, and a bug. Apparently his body rejected the finer qualities of a dog.

3. Truesoldier__ on April 18th, 2012 12:51 pm

I heard that Obama recently added a book on Dog Walking to his reading list, but was disappointed when he realized it wan't a cook book on how to Wok your dog.

4. SignPainterGuy on April 18th, 2012 1:50 pm

And wagu beef !

5. SignPainterGuy on April 18th, 2012 1:52 pm

Ha haaaa ! Nice !

6. SignPainterGuy on April 18th, 2012 1:52 pm

He missed that loyalty trait !

7. Marshall_Will on April 18th, 2012 4:27 pm

"Joe Biden to say this about Obama: “This guy means it, he feels it, he tastes it.”

The tough guy image isn't working Mr. vP. Leave that to Lawrence Tierney!

8. Jim T. on April 18th, 2012 11:36 pm

I read this last year and now it all makes sense!

9. jeffythequick on April 19th, 2012 12:36 am

That's all they do. Just listen to what they accuse others of doing, and they're the ones doing it and calling it bad.

Kind of weird to be them. It's worse than immoral. It's amoral. At least an immoral person knows they're doing something bad. An amoral person doesn't, and for the most part, doesn't care.

10. jeffythequick on April 19th, 2012 1:28 am

And the low blood sugar detecting training of my service dog. Best investment ever!

11. jeffythequick on April 19th, 2012 1:36 am

Overheard in the White House:

"Umm err uhhh Why do I have to be Mr. Ummm errr uhhh Pink?"

(another voice, Hungarian accent) "You're not Mr. Ummm err uhhh anything. You're Mr. Pink!"

"But why Mr. uhhh Pink?"

"Listen here, I make the rules, you're Mr. Pink. Can you say it without stammering?"

…and so it went for 45 minutes…

12. SignPainterGuy on April 19th, 2012 2:14 am

My cat won`t allow dogs in the house, so I have to depend on weakness, irritability and nearness to faint as my most convenient tells !

13. jeffythequick on April 19th, 2012 2:43 am

How can you tell?
    ;)

If your cat ever lets you, there's a place in Seattle that teaches you how to train them. It's pretty amazing, and you never have to worry about being the (at best) second most popular guy in the room!

14. SignPainterGuy on April 19th, 2012 3:10 am

Pfffft, 10 hrs to Mississippi was too far for Itty Bitty Kitty ! Besides, she knows I wouldn`t train well at all at my age. And at 17, she`s too set in her ways to try ! ;-)

15. SignPainterGuy on April 19th, 2012 3:24 am

Watch out, it`ll be donkeys and dogs next and cats can`t be too far behind !

16. jeffythequick on April 19th, 2012 3:45 am

Arugula too…

From Wikipedia:
    It typically grows on dry, disturbed ground.

How fitting.

17. jeffythequick on April 19th, 2012 3:49 am

Well, we (Mrs. thequick and I) decided that it was one too many calls from <insert name of airplane manufacturer in Seattle area> Fire Department, so we asked around, and a service dog is a great way to go. Hypo unawareness isn't fun, especially when it goes from 85 to 40 in a half mile walk. Cooper (should have named him Mutt, for Mutt and Jeff) is a godsend.

18. jeffythequick on April 19th, 2012 3:52 am

I had an economics teacher that used rat-burgers to teach about supply and demand. You couldn't sell them at any price, because the demand was so low. Well, it was then.

That was the 80's when it was safe to talk about the free marked, and we had a guy in the White House we could be proud of. I just worry that I'll not have that experience again.

19. SignPainterGuy on April 19th, 2012 4:09 am

Bless your heart, Bud !

I eat before I do much of anything.

20. ChapBix on April 20th, 2012 2:41 am

"Disturbed ground." Would that be defined as what happens when a dog lifts his leg in protest of his brethren and sisters being slaughtered for food?

21. ChapBix on April 20th, 2012 2:43 am

At seventeen, she has little of her nine lives left.

22. ChapBix on April 20th, 2012 2:45 am

After which Mr. Hungarian gave up in sheer frustration.

23. ChapBix on April 20th, 2012 2:46 am

Aside from projection, isn't there another psych term for what they are?

24. SignPainterGuy on April 20th, 2012 2:59 am

You`d think ! The way she gets under foot, causing me to trip over her, step on her, kick her, she must think she`s adding lives as she goes. She never learns ! I thought even part-Simonized kitties were supposed to be smart ! Nah !

25. SignPainterGuy on April 20th, 2012 9:24 pm

I think the "official medical term" is; A toy and a few fries short of a Happy Meal !

26. emmajeri1010 on April 25th, 2012 3:22 am

…and you are, too. Right?

27. Used Honda Legend on October 10th, 2012 3:34 am

Used or new cars, both are a good investment of money therefore one should carefully choose the seller.