President Obama seems to be swift-boating himself. His campaign’s “I killed Bin Laden” ad has encountered some major pushback. First, it further pissed off current and former Navy SEALs. Secondly, it is shining even more light on just how self-centered Team Obama and their willing accomplices — such as Bill Clinton — really are.

First, here’s the ad if you missed it:

*****

Bill Clinton in the ad:

“Suppose [the SEALs had] been captured or killed. The downside would have been horrible for him [Obama].”

Horrible for Obama? Silly me, the first thought that popped into my head is how horrible it would have been for the SEALs. People like Clinton and Obama are indeed singularly focused — on how events affect their ongoing desperate attempts to cling to power. Or in Bubba’s case, get a blow job.

Team Obama had a legitimate chance at a tempered bragging right, but they ruined it. Obama is, as Tim Stanley wrote at The Telegraph, “so politically tone deaf that he makes Joe Biden look like Machiavelli.”

Update: Obama spoke to the troops Tuesday in Afghanistan, and with his custom humility, he gave himself a shout-out:

Comments

14 Responses to “Self Centered Politicians SEAL the Deal; Update: In Afghanistan, Obama Gives Self a Shout-Out”

1. Truesoldier__ on May 1st, 2012 5:29 pm

"Bill Clinton in the ad:

Horrible for Obama? Silly me, the first thought that popped into my head is how horrible it would have been for the SEALs."

And the Dem's wonder why the military doesn't trust them at all. The sad thing is that you have the Dem's and their willing accomplices in the media going about make claims that the military is a pawn that is used by the GOP; yet everytime you turn around it is the left that attempts to use the military as a pawn.

You have a problem with an intern…use the military to blow up an asprin factory.
    You have a problem with the economy…cut spending to the military.
    You have a problem where you cant run on your record…act as though you were out with the SEALs and were the one that actually popped a cap in OBL.

2. ScottyB on May 1st, 2012 5:36 pm

If I understand correctly, the President should not be ordering assassination missions at all. Did Barry then apologize to the world for that?? Oops, we killed that guy… sorry about that.

Bubba's recollection of Barry saying "I can't, in good conscience, do nothing"… When he had the chance in his Presidency, Bubba did just that: nothing. Besides, didn't Bush 43 do "something" with Iraq? Maybe Bubba could ask his wife, and John Kerry, and SEVERAL others who voted to go into Iraq to do "something".

I'm glad Bin Laden is gone, no question. But I don't think this belongs in the campaign. On the other hand, if that's all you've got, maybe it's the only card you can play.

3. clu seatoe on May 1st, 2012 5:41 pm

The presidency of Mr. “Graffiti on the Wall.”

The reelection of Mr. “Graffiti on the Wall” with bin laden’s help. Keep it up Zero, keep it up.

4. jeffythequick on May 1st, 2012 5:56 pm

It was all part of Bubba's anti-terrorism strategy:

Incapacitate them with headaches.

In retrospect, (I wasn't there, so I can't comment on what happened in bin Laden's bedroom) he should have ordered him captured, and if it couldn't be helped*, killed. Then, bin Laden can be water boarded, or worse, put in a room with those women from the previous story.

*couldn't be helped means that it's either bin Laden or a SEAL. I vote that every SEAL makes it out alive and intact.

5. SignPainterGuy on May 1st, 2012 8:14 pm

Oh what a tangled web they weave while practicing to deceive ! Examples of "Watch the other hand" and "Whatever they say, the opposite is true" !

6. SignPainterGuy on May 1st, 2012 8:21 pm

"Incapacitate them with headaches" ! Well, Willy Jeff CAN think out-of-the-box !

I was just thinking that if Oblamer, the Credit-Taker-in-Chief, had ordered the bombing of Just for Men distribution points in Pakistan, Osama may not have been able to father his last few kids. He used it as a "Sex Aid" ! BHO isn`t an out-of-the-box kinda guy !

7. SignPainterGuy on May 1st, 2012 8:34 pm

Yesterday, I saw a headline saying Obama was making a trip to Afghanistan, with a statement from his spokesperson du jour that "He was NOT in Kabul !" I said to myself, "That means he IS in Kabul !"

Today at 3:pm, the news was, "Pres. in Kabul" ! He is also going to give a speech to "us" from there at 4:30 local time so we can see / hear it at 7:30 tonight. Dang, I just know my cable will be out around then !

8. clu seatoe on May 1st, 2012 9:07 pm

Another fund raising trip followed by an on-site campaign speech to distract from the OBL mess he’s gotten himself into.

9. clu seatoe on May 1st, 2012 9:16 pm

…and how much more of the taxpayer’s money has he put into Karzai’s Swiss accounts from the American treasury for whatever concessions were signed for.

10. SignPainterGuy on May 1st, 2012 9:16 pm

Continued, never-ending campaigning on the taxpayer`s dime, exhibition of self-importance, ego-fluffing, taking credit, pretending to honor our troops …….

11. Marshall_Will on May 1st, 2012 9:53 pm

Scotty,

That is such a great point. When you're the pRez, it's your f@cking JOB to get those issues resolved. It has no place in this or any other campaign for that matter. Any more than a guy that works in a slaughterhouse wanting to take a hero's credit for doing simply what he is PAID to do.

12. Marshall_Will on May 1st, 2012 9:57 pm

TS,

So true. Dims will take bows to their base for voting down defense funding (1) day and take a victory lap/photo op w/ a Guard Unit called up for a tornado, flood the next.

So sick of P'BO selling "the agony" He went thru. Dude, are you a man or what..? Don't bother answering……

13. jeffythequick on May 1st, 2012 11:46 pm

I would have loved to hear a pin drop with the "We got me in the house…"

Again, I thought he was warming up when he says…
    "Me me me me me me me"

But I saw the TOTUS… nope, that's his speech.

14. ChapBix on May 2nd, 2012 7:41 pm

The failed raid in Iran in the late 70s would likely have been a factor in his decision-making on taking OBL down. With the crash of the helicopter in OBL's compound, the potential for a disaster was there. That said, the honorable thing for Obama to do was exclude this event from his re-election campaign. That he did so shows he is NOT an honorable person, just a cold, calculating politician.

How many folks remember that a number of SEAL Team Six died in an ambush months later in Afghanistan?