A source tells me the MSNBC floor director figured this would happen, which is why he wisely put down the splat mat and drool bucket underneath Chris’s area at the desk before the show:

Chris Matthews, host of MSNBC’s “Hardball,” raved about a speech President Obama made to American troops during his surprise visit to Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan.

“I imagine being a soldier over there — this is what you want to hear,” Matthews said, as if he was wearing military fatigues.

Matthews also likened the leadership of President Obama to that of Henry V of England.

“It was right out of Henry V actually, a touch of Barry, in this case, in the night for those soldiers risking their lives over there,” Matthews said.

“Well that’s great stuff. I was so proud of the President there, I must say. This has nothing to do with partisanship; this is the Commander-in-Chief meeting with the troops,” Chris Matthews gushed on his program today.

Did Henry V address his men by saying “I’m in the house”?

“This has nothing to do with partisanship; this is the Commander-in-Chief meeting with the troops.” Which is why Matthews heaped praise upon President Bush whenever he visited the troops in Afghanistan. Wait, I never heard Tingles do that, did you?

Comments

25 Responses to “Obama Afghanistan Visit Returns MSNBC Host’s Leg Thrill to Full Tingle”

1. Truesoldier__ on May 2nd, 2012 11:00 am

Chris Matthews as a soldier? He would be one of those really whinny pogues who would complain endlessly that his Sergeant was treating him unfairly….because he expected him to do his job.

2. maladroit on May 2nd, 2012 11:02 am

"Pup Tent" Tingles keeps his hand cream, box o' Kleenex and autographed photo of Barry on his nightstand. (Sorry about the visual.)

3. Truesoldier__ on May 2nd, 2012 11:03 am
  4. backwoodsconsr on May 2nd, 2012 11:04 am

“I’m in the house”

Note to self: Fumigate house.

5. Marshall_Will on May 2nd, 2012 11:07 am

How can one be a 'pogue' when they'd never make it out of boot camp?

Noticed in Doug's Telegraph link not only does it have its own tab but "U.S Election 2012" is posted most prominently. You don't think the rest of the world has an 'interest' in seeing we get it right this time?

Hell, I think they're more informed than the average Peggy the Moocher!

6. jeffythequick on May 2nd, 2012 12:16 pm

Expect a visit from the Secret Service… heck, ask them to bring the girls!

oh, you meant fumigate the house AFTER he leaves…
    ;)

7. backwoodsconsr on May 2nd, 2012 12:30 pm

I think we should fumigate the Senate while we're at it.

8. jeffythequick on May 2nd, 2012 1:03 pm

As well as the House… RINOs first, then D's

9. Truesoldier__ on May 2nd, 2012 1:11 pm

Nowadays anyone can make it through boot camp. They have the "stress cards" (which allow you to be left alone by the drill sergeant for the day as the stress is too much to handle), not even having to meet minimum PT standards (the units have to deal with it when they get the troops) and then there is the stuff like not reporting the Maj Hasans for fear of being called an islamophobe (which would kill your career nowadays).

The left is slowly infiltrating the armed forces just like they did the public school systems.

10. jeffythequick on May 2nd, 2012 1:22 pm

Do they get to keep those cards on the battlefields? Apparently Daniel Pearl should have been given one as well, because, in the rules of war, you don't want to get a penalty., or worse, treat people inhumanely when you're trying to eliminate them.

11. Truesoldier__ on May 2nd, 2012 1:33 pm

No kidding. When I first heard about this from one of the NCO's (and later an officer) here on base I was floored. The whole idea of boot camp is to teach you how to deal with stress in a controled enviornment so when you do go to combat you already ahve learned that you can deal with stress. At this rate I am waiting for the regressives to decide to replace all the lethal weapons with nerf guns so no one has to deal with PTSD from killing the enemy.

12. SignPainterGuy on May 2nd, 2012 2:18 pm

The pansies are taking control !

It sounds like we`re being inched closer to the story line in an original Star trek episode; two planets have been at war for 600 ish years. The powers that be have realized that "real" war destroys too much infrastructure, so death tolls are tabulated by computers, the "killed" are marched off to death chambers, and the infrastructure is left intact.

Kirk of course destroyed the computers and forced the planets` leaders to negotiate peace.

Why not paint ball guns; at least the "killed and wounded" have paint spatters on them, but what "time out" arrangements can be made ? Pfffft ….. war is hell, people die and things get blown up. It`s supposed to be that way so smart people behave themselves in the first place and the misbehavers learn lessons they won`t soon forget ! Germany and Japan, for instance !

13. SignPainterGuy on May 2nd, 2012 2:49 pm

Link not working !

14. jeffythequick on May 2nd, 2012 3:26 pm

Speaking of pansies, anyone suppose Chris Matthews is one of the girls in his composite?

15. Truesoldier__ on May 2nd, 2012 5:49 pm
  16. Truesoldier__ on May 2nd, 2012 5:51 pm

Nope, paint ball guns might shoot someones eye out.

17. jeffythequick on May 2nd, 2012 6:54 pm

That's the Red Ryder BB gun, not a paint ball one…

18. SignPainterGuy on May 2nd, 2012 8:39 pm

(face slap) Right you are ! What was I not thinking ? Libbies would never allow anything so dangerous !

19. SignPainterGuy on May 2nd, 2012 8:50 pm

Now BBs HURT ! I know !

There were no guns in my home until I got old enough for Dad to buy me a Crosman M-1 carbine replica BB gun. You pulled the barrel into the forestock and back out to cock it. I used it so much that the locking mechangism wore out. At the point that the barrel clicked into the locked, fully extended position, it fired ….. right into my finger ! It left an inch-long blood blister.

My Dad also knew that BBs hurt. When I was an infant, he owned a gas powered, BB pistol, styled like the Military .45 semi-auto. We went on a ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway and Mom tried shooting signs and trash cans, but failed to hit anything. Dad got out of the car to throw away some trash; Mom decided she was gonna hit something, so she drew a bead on Dad`s butt and pulled the trigger. It hit him in the soft skin behind his knee (he was wearing shorts). He got rid of the BB gun and never had another.

Needless to say, when he got me mine, he went thru a long spiel about promising NOT to shoot anyone ! I never did !

20. SignPainterGuy on May 2nd, 2012 8:56 pm

(shaking head) I can see "American" Marines wearing pink t-shirts for breast cancer solidarity, for a moment, especially if the wife of one of their own was a patient / survivor, but the guys in the pics must be Brits. Justin Bieber ? Get Real ! Yeah, Chrissy Matthews would be right among `em ! Tingling !

21. SignPainterGuy on May 2nd, 2012 9:18 pm

And change the locks !

22. Truesoldier__ on May 2nd, 2012 11:05 pm

I thought you were supposed to do that before you start fumegating….one of them may have a key for the old lock.

23. SignPainterGuy on May 2nd, 2012 11:40 pm

OUCH, that`s twice today; my face hurts ! ;-)

Yeah, change the locks BEFORE fumigating, then ADD locks after the stink clears ! How`zat ?

24. jeffythequick on May 3rd, 2012 12:34 am