The election of Barack Obama was supposed to usher in a “post racial” era in the United States.

They way overshot, and here’s the new reality in which we find ourselves:

(h/t AoS)

Comments

11 Responses to “Beyond ‘Post Racial America’ and Into the Twilight Zone”

1. SignPainterGuy on May 4th, 2012 2:59 pm

AFAIC, this administration is in the 99 percentile for "Whatever they say, the opposite is true" ! There is that frustrating and dangerous 1% that is true; "We are 5 days away from fundamentally transforming the USA !" "If you want to know who I am and what I am about, look at who I surround myself with !"

2. jeffythequick on May 4th, 2012 3:10 pm

Doug,

It's cracka…

I'm just admiring Ms. Warren's high cheek bones, but my co-worker Chanaka doesn't have them. He must not really be from India.

3. clu seatoe on May 4th, 2012 4:08 pm

It’s a pretty pathetic life when somebody feels that they have to lie to try to get friends and actually admits it because she thinks it’s the lesser of the evils in which she finds herself entwined. And then she says it didn’t work. Well, duh!

One wonders what sort of abuse this person grew up with as a child and now she wants folks to vote her into a position of authority where people need to be trustworthy in all things. (Well, that was the Founder’s expectation.)

What we see going on here is another great legacy of the family Kennedy.

4. Marshall_Will on May 4th, 2012 5:03 pm

One of the reasons I even began reading MM's columns back in the early 90's was she was about the only writer in America willing to take on the folly of quota hiring. It was an abysmal economy back then ( right after the '87 Crash ) and being a white guy circulating a resume` was nigh on futile.

So I've always felt a debt and kinship toward Michelle for taking a courageous stance. But people, that was 20 years ago! When are we going to be able to officially jettison this BS and move forward based on merit?

I'll tread lightly but about the only thing white about Zimmerman seems to be his name? Always good to see Bernie, reminds me of my Jewish/Dago godfather. I can say that right? Hell, HE did.

5. jeffythequick on May 4th, 2012 5:31 pm

There are two reasons I read Michelle, in this order:

1. She's right.
    2. She's easy on the eyes. That, coupled with #1 makes her even more so. (loved the smack down she did on Juan Williams the other day. Plus, Mrs. thequick enjoyed the one that she did to Joy Bahar on The View in 2009.)

As for the participants on the site, like I said before, I admire the people here that are there as well. I just hope that Doug can get me an inside pass to the site. (I know, a shameless plea.)

6. ChapBix on May 4th, 2012 10:07 pm

Not to mention that she has a great memory.

7. SignPainterGuy on May 4th, 2012 10:33 pm

That great memory proves something; it`s the truth. Lies are too hard to remember and keep straight !

8. George Zimmerman's African roots ... seriously - Page 6 - Christian Forums on May 5th, 2012 4:27 pm

[...] It can be confusing at how our nation has changed concerning their views on race. This picture for example gave me a laugh – George Zimmerman, redneck Elizabeth Warren, redskin. "Beyond ‘Post Racial America’ and Into the Twilight Zone" Beyond ‘Post Racial America’ and Into the Twilight Zone : The Powers That Be [...]

9. jeffythequick on May 5th, 2012 11:48 pm

You know… when I was in college, I checked 'female'… It got me into sororities, and most guys wouldn't blame me for not correcting the "mistake".

The girls didn't want the mistake corrected, either.
    ;)

10. machines à sous on August 24th, 2012 8:25 am

11. phd thesis writing on August 28th, 2012 5:20 am

The universal use of elections as a tool for selecting representatives in modern democracies is in contrast with the practice in the democratic archetype, ancient Athens. As the Elections were considered an oligarchic institution and most political offices were filled using sortition, also known as allotment, by which officeholders were chosen by lot. Thanks.