At the end of a short article at Mediaite by Andrew Kirell entitled “President Obama is not the same as Mitt Romney on gay marriage,” there’s this gem:

The distinction is clear: Obama is (perhaps ironically?) opposed to using the government to impose his views — however slippery they may be — onto everyone else.

And the crowd reacts:

Isn’t the Obamacare law at the Supreme Court right now mostly because of something called a mandate? Or how about the birth control mandate? Drilling moratoriums? Trying to force the market into “clean” energy by throwing taxpayer money into crony capitalism sinkholes? Job killing EPA regs? Executive Orders that skirt Congress? The list goes on.

Doesn’t use the government to impose his views… puh-leeeze!

(h/t American Glob)

Comments

23 Responses to “Obama-Defender Laugh-Line of the Day”

1. Marshall_Will on May 8th, 2012 1:28 pm

"( perhaps ironically? )"

Per se… Yeah, Obammie's "campaign fever" is about to… catch fire… any month now? MF'er puh-leeze.

2. SignPainterGuy on May 8th, 2012 2:23 pm

There`s also the Executive Orders pRes. Downgrade is so fond of using because even his dem.-controlled senate won`t pass what he wants.

3. Marshall_Will on May 8th, 2012 2:41 pm

This is all I have to say on the matter:

4. Truesoldier__ on May 8th, 2012 3:08 pm

Not to mention just about everything the DoJ does from refusal to defend DOMA to suing states over their voter ID laws and immigration laws.

5. SignPainterGuy on May 8th, 2012 3:26 pm

The DOM, "Amendment One", is on NC`s primary ballot today. Early voting has set a new record already (more dems voted early) and today`s turnout is expected to be high. Polling shows strong support for the amendment.

It is already state law that gay marriage and civil unions are illegal, but Amendment One will make it a Constitutional certainty ! I`ll be voting YES / FOR in about an hour !

Just saw at Drudge that the pRes. was planning a trip here today for a short speech, but changed his plans. GOOOOD ! He shuts down half the town when he shows up ! I guess being against gay marriage won`t go over well in the San Fran of the East Coast !

6. Truesoldier__ on May 8th, 2012 4:26 pm

Of course once it passes you will have all the usual suspects lining up to sue just like they did in California. Here is WA ST the legislature passed and the Gov signed into law (even though she had promissed she wouldn't) a bill legalizing gay marriage even though they already had an 'everything but marriage' law on the books (so much for it being just about having the same rights crap they always pull).

The voters are working to put it on the ballot in November to repeal the law. I would not be surprised that if it goes up for a vote to repeal that it will be repealed. WA ST may be liberal, but the voters (on both sides of the aisle) are tired of the legislature passing crap without the consent of the voters (we repealed all the tax hikes they passed in 2010).

7. jeffythequick on May 8th, 2012 4:32 pm

There will be at least 2 votes in Shohomish County for repealing it.

8. Jim on May 8th, 2012 4:48 pm

It's like Bernie Goldberg always says: liberals don't think they're liberal. In their heads, mandating that people purchase health care and that employers supply birth control is NOT forcing a certain belief on people; it's just the right thing to do. Giving taxpayer dollars to "green" energy companies is just common sense to them. Where I live, I'm SURROUNDED by these people. They TRULY believe that they're rational, reasonable, intellectual and non-partisan. Scary.

9. Truesoldier__ on May 8th, 2012 5:41 pm

We're down in Thurston County. My district is the thorn in the sides of the liberals as we are a bright red dot surrounded in a sea of blue.

10. jeffythequick on May 8th, 2012 6:03 pm

Luckily, their weapon, guilt, doesn't work on me.

They have no answer to this:
    Freedom allows personal Socialism.
    Socialism doesn't allow personal freedom.

11. Marshall_Will on May 8th, 2012 6:31 pm

Jim,

Spot on sir. All the more glaring when you've the misfortune of being RELATED to them… "I mean…, doesn't this much just make commone SENSE!?" their ever present closing plea.

We may agree on a lot of things but the (2) issues MM and myself will never see eye to eye on; our wonderful "medical community" doesn't give a RIP about our 'health', controls the number of doctors and are generally there to fleece the insurance companies and (2) QUIT wasting your time placating flighty/flaky relatives.

They're no damn different than the extremists that pile on the hatemail to Michelle and Doug. They'd kill you in your sleep if they thought they could get away with it. I'm not implying everyone has to be in 100% alignment w/ my views to get a T-Day invite but… when they've gone out of their way to publicly 'discredit' you for not conforming to THEIR'S it's safe to say that relationship is ovah…

12. SignPainterGuy on May 8th, 2012 8:17 pm

An island of common sense ?

13. SignPainterGuy on May 8th, 2012 8:32 pm

BS charges from opponents have been flying like crazy lately, like Wills, Med. Powers of Attorney, Inheritance, visitation rights, civil rights, etc. Yesterday, our local talk radio show had on a legal expert to debunk it all and he did a great job, incl. the "Same rights as everyone else" crap. He pointed out that every gay and straight man has the right to marry a gay or straight woman and vice versa. To have the right for a gay man to marry another gay man or woman and woman, absolutely IS an "extra, special" rights issue ! Everyone already has the same rights.

14. Truesoldier__ on May 8th, 2012 8:54 pm

Surrounded by one hell of a moat….lol

15. Truesoldier__ on May 8th, 2012 8:58 pm

Speaking of BS and liberals. Did you all see the other day that Dem Sen Sherrod Brown is having a bit of trouble going after the GOP on their supposed war on women? It turns out he has domestic abuse allegations that have surfaced against him from his x-wife:

16. Truesoldier__ on May 8th, 2012 9:02 pm

No kidding. My wife has some ultra libs in her family and that is exactly how they view things. They tried to tell me how great Obamacare could have been if only it had been true universal healthcare. I asked them if any of them had ever served in the military. First, the shock of such an unclean thought crossed their collective faces. Then they composed themselves and said no. I then began to explain to them that the military and the VA have universal healthcare and began to recount some horror stories.

Without missing a beat they told me that the reason those things happen is that they were perfecting the system (i.e. the troops are just guinea pigs to work the kinks out of the system).

17. Jim on May 8th, 2012 9:10 pm

Marshall_Will,

Wow, that's…unfortunate. If it's ANY consolation, my sister was an "Obama republican" who is now planning to vote for Romney (although the LSM hasn't REALLY started going after Mitt yet. I'll see what my sis thinks when they do).

Being a Tea Party/Sarah Palin supporter in the San Francisco is an interesting existence. Tell the people here that you support the Tea Party and/or Sarah, or better yet, ask THEM why they DON'T support the TP and/or Sarah, and they will LITERALLY look at you like you've got another head growing out of your neck, complete with fangs and devil horns. And I mean that LITERALLY. They will stare at you blankly, mouths slightly agape, for a few long, awkward seconds, then turn to someone else in the vicinity for help, before turning back to you. To them, you've completely defied any and all human logic. ALL of them have the same reaction, really. There needs to be a term coined for this reaction. I'm sure Doug could come up with a better one than I could.

18. SignPainterGuy on May 8th, 2012 9:56 pm

How `bout a variation on "dumbfounded" …. found themselves dumb !

Or perhaps – totally undisregustified !

19. jeffythequick on May 8th, 2012 10:39 pm
  20. SignPainterGuy on May 8th, 2012 11:17 pm

Got crocogaters ?

21. SignPainterGuy on May 8th, 2012 11:19 pm

Research ?

22. jeffythequick on May 8th, 2012 11:30 pm

Can I (a guy) marry a hot gay woman, and she marry her hawt girlfriend, and then I marry another hawt straight woman that is a little curious?

Seriously, though, I have thought about one advantage of "no bounds" marriage, and that's passing on your wealth to your kids. (hold on here, folks, there is no consummation of the marriage…):

Mrs. thequick (that one was consummated) passes on, and leaves me her dowry 100% tax free.
    I then marry my eldest son (hey, there are no rules, right?) and I croak. He gets all of mine and Mrs. thequick's assets 100% tax free (we are married, you know).
    He then marries his brother (by now, you're not reading anymore, or you've gotten what I'm getting at) and one of them passes on to meet with mom and dad in heaven (we hope), the money keeps getting passed tax free.

Feel free to pass this to Chapoutier. I'd like to get a lawyer's opinion on this.

23. jeffythequick on May 8th, 2012 11:37 pm

He's a Senator-D. He only hit her… it's not like a Democrat Senator would cause anyone's death, would they?

If they did, they wouldn't get re-elected, would they?

Wait… 7 times?