President Obama was on The View yesterday (word is that Joy Behar is still stuck to her chair) and The One was asked about the upcoming election being a tight race. Obama replied “When your name is Barack Obama, it’s always tight.”

Yes, because the reason he might be sent packing is his name. Please. In 2008, the candidate named Barack Hussein Obama got almost ten million more votes than a guy named John McCain.

He’s already lining up excuses for his November drubbing, and when that happens, the reason given won’t be an admission that he drove the country into the ground and people had enough of it. The reason Obama (and the media) will give is because we’re… say it with me… “racist!”

Related: Alarm grows among Dems about Obama’s chances

Maybe they should get him to change his name. Just don’t let him change it to “John McCain.”

Comments

29 Responses to “Reason Obama’s in a Tight Race? His Name”

1. jeffythequick on May 16th, 2012 1:04 pm

How about Barry Soetoro?

Sounds Italian! Prego!

2. Marshall_Will on May 16th, 2012 1:21 pm

"But the shifts with women, moderates and independents are all statistically significant. Obama lost 5 points with each of those demographics."

As consumers ( which is what voting has been reduced to ) when we purchase a defective product, tires for instance? We remain somewhat loyal to the brand for the duration of the service life if only to collect on any Warranty benefits and while we won't disparage our unfortunate choice 'publicly' ( that doesn't mean we aren't checking the internet for recall/class action notices! )

Then the day they've undeniably worn out their welcome gratefully comes: Your spouse as relieved as YOU are. When the salesman inevitably offers to replace them w/ the same brand.., we snicker, "I don't think so pal?"

But we don't as a practice, bad mouth them until they're replaced and safely in the dumpster where they can't hurt/embarass us any more. That's just Americans and that's just how we work.

3. jeffythequick on May 16th, 2012 1:49 pm

I agree, but there comes a point, and I think we're crossing that now, by looking at the lefty commentators (and I may be in the echo chamber here and in Fox News), where you don't want to be extolling the great Firestone Tires on your Ford Explorer.

The lefty's have lost their swagger. North Carolina, where the convention is, now polling 51-43 Romney-Obama. Even Bob Beckel just looks pitiful on Hannity. It's sad, but my sadness only extends to the fact that they still believe what they do. An animal that doesn't evolve deserves extinction, and so do the Progressive Ideas

4. Joe Redfield on May 16th, 2012 1:50 pm

Abraham Delano Reagen?

5. Marshall_Will on May 16th, 2012 2:14 pm

Echo chamber? When (2) or 2,000 individuals all witness the same train wreck from essentially the same angle their accounts will be similar if not identical. Just don't try to explain that to Mrs. Malkin's trolls.

Doug would know best but, the Professional Left's talking heads know for a fact what Nobama's defeat means. Major shakeup's at the networks, reduced salaries and in many cases, outright firings. They're mourning their own futures.., once so bright.

The Democratic Alliance meeting in Miami isn't there to figure out how to get/keep O'Drama in office ( they're regrouping and trying to figure out how to slavage what remains of the movement )

6. jeffythequick on May 16th, 2012 2:22 pm

I think that's a bit short sighted…

Barack George Barack John Barack Thomas Barack James Barack John Barack Andrew Barack Martin Barack William Barack Zachary Barack Millard Barack Franklin Barack Abraham Barack Andrew Barack Ulysses Barack Rutherford Barack Chester Barack Grover Barack Benjamin Barack William Barack Theodore Barack Woodrow Barack Warren Barack Calvin* Barack Harry Dwight Barack Lyndon Barack Richard Barack Gerald Barack Ronald Barack Barack Barack Hussein Obama is more fitting.

*Inconsequential duplicates were removed, but John Calvin Coolidge, I think, is the best president of the 20th century, and so he was left in.

7. jeffythequick on May 16th, 2012 2:28 pm

Will,

I disagree. The left goes into what they do… snipe snipe snipe, and bring out the stories of how Betty Bofanjanoroskankoskiwitz was driven to ruin by the policies of the Right.

They bring out Betty again when a progressive (they like) is in charge and show how her life was in ruins, but she was saved by… the One!

That's why we need to stomp their ideas into the ground. No mercy against their ideas. They are evil, no matter how small they appear. Don't apologize for calling them out on what their ideas are.

(side note): A new co-worker came in and she identified herself as a Progressive. Another co-worker asked what that was. Without hesitation, I replied, "a nice word for Communist." Politics quickly got turned to another subject.

8. jeffythequick on May 16th, 2012 2:31 pm

I also meant echo chamber in a "nice" way. I didn't mean it as disrespect towards Doug or the commenters here. What I meant by it was when we talk to each other, we tend to hear the same, or similar comments back, and it hasn't been a place where our ideas are challenged from a different point of view.

How about "idea strengthening chamber"?

9. Marshall_Will on May 16th, 2012 2:40 pm

Jeff,

I blogged the Housing Bubble from '03 on. No problem w/ opposing views, flame wars etc. Unlike '08 though, the only 'opposition' we're getting is in the form of nitpicking our typos or their tugging on the most convenient loose thread.

Trolls are getting their marching orders via Demos.org or Crooks & Liars and installing buzzwords like "social security" or… MediCare etc. to derail the thread. We used to call them Jukubots.

When you're running 300-400 comments an HOUR it was always important for them to get their licks in early. The same dynamics apply in a face to face conversation.

10. SignPainterGuy on May 16th, 2012 3:36 pm

"Strengthening" – also, refining, polishing …

11. SignPainterGuy on May 16th, 2012 3:39 pm

Yeah, Betty Bo ! I remember her. Facial tic, walked with a gimp !

12. SignPainterGuy on May 16th, 2012 3:44 pm

Speaking of "the convention in NC"; the dims are talking loudly of punishing NC for voting FOR the Marriage Amendment by moving the convention to another state. The DNC has already spent a small fortune here in preparation, so that would be wasted for their cause, sorta, but who knows whether it will be moved or not.

13. jeffythequick on May 16th, 2012 4:50 pm

You''re right. I think I need to work on succinctness. Romney is going to be a wealth of opposition cherry-picking. I saw the first one on his "I don't worry about the poor." cherry picking that was done.

If that's the only thing that the 47% see, we're in a heap of trouble. As long as we got the rest of the quote about the rest of what Romney said, we'll do OK.

Then again, there are people that stand on the train tracks in the tunnel, and admire the rapidly approaching sunlight, and don't give a thought to the accompanying horn.

14. jeffythequick on May 16th, 2012 6:15 pm

Another question… which race was the tight one?

1995 Illinois Senate: Obama: 82%
    1998 Illinois Senate: Obama: 89%
    2002 Illinois Senate: Obama unopposed
    2004 US Senate: Obama: 70%
    2008 Presidential: Obama 53% popular, 365 electoral votes.

15. jeffythequick on May 16th, 2012 6:39 pm

That woman was no gimp. That was her homophobically denied common law wife!
    ;)

16. SignPainterGuy on May 16th, 2012 8:44 pm

Those who watch The Spew regularly will believe anything he says, they aren`t about to question their memories or lying eyes ! And besides, `95 was almost back in pre-history, who remembers that far back ?

17. Obamabot#1 on May 16th, 2012 9:00 pm

Gosh, doesn't anyone stop to think about how hard it was for Dear Leader to stop short of stating the OBVIOUS, that ANY opposition to him is based only on his skin color and racism? Doesn't anyone stop to consider how that makes HIM feel? In Dear Leader's glorious graciousness he stopped short of stating the obvious. He generously wants us all to begin healing. All hail Dear Leader! /s

18. SignPainterGuy on May 16th, 2012 10:08 pm

Oh, well that`s different. I suppose when two are close enough to appear as one, "she" is naturally going to exhibit a funny walk !

19. SignPainterGuy on May 16th, 2012 10:16 pm

"Dear From-the-Rear Leader" should practice a tad less nuancity, then maybe we could catch up to speed on his feelings ! Maybe we COULD be a tad less sensitive toward his skin color !

20. jeffythequick on May 16th, 2012 11:43 pm

O/T Ready to stifle some vomit?

I know you're going to look, but I warned you… ;)

21. SignPainterGuy on May 17th, 2012 12:32 am

I of course ignored the warning, dang my hide. And why did she have to show so much of hers ?

22. ChapBix on May 17th, 2012 1:14 am

I'm going to sob a bucket of tears over their mis-spent monies in NC. Not. That is that much less to spend on the campaign. Wonder how those folks who ponied up six or seven figure donations to the DNC feel about their "investment" these days?

23. ChapBix on May 17th, 2012 1:18 am

Thanks for the warning, guys. I stayed away.

24. jeffythequick on May 17th, 2012 1:53 am

i am so laughing out loud at the moment!

Don't worry, SPG… I'll not believe the wet paint sign you post on your work.

25. SignPainterGuy on May 17th, 2012 2:47 am

I doubt any of them gave till it hurt, but I hope it comes back to bite `em later.

26. SignPainterGuy on May 17th, 2012 2:56 am

Touch at your own risk. My paint doesn`t just wipe off and water won`t wash it off; it takes a stronger solvent.

And BTW, it`s "house painters", not sign painters who put up "wet paint" signs ! ;-)

27. jeffythequick on May 17th, 2012 2:59 am

There isn't enough eye bleach to get rid of that image and headline on that page, but the eye candy on the right side helps.

To make up for the first one, watch this one: http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/oreilly/index.html#
    Miller was on fire!

28. jeffythequick on May 17th, 2012 11:01 am

ChapBix,

Neither am I. That mis-spent money is 3 hours away (by car) from a plant that they cooperated with the NLRB to shut (err… shake) down.

But, here's the scene:
    1. Any violence will immediately attributed to the right (Tea Party), and later found out to be the OWS crowd, and the exact opposite of who the news media attributes it.)
    2. I think the donators to the DNC probably feel about the same as we do concerning our donations to the RNC. Heck, I had to donate to go to the county $28 to be a delegate there for Washington, and I didn't feel too good about it.

29. jeffythequick on May 17th, 2012 11:06 am

I was thinking that he lost 17%, 10%, 0%, 29%, and 46% (respectively) of the 99%, so they were indeed squeakers, except the 2002 Illinois Senate race, where he won by a mere 1% above the 99%.

Hey, where else have we seen such thinking… USSR, Libya (pre-2010). Iraq (pre-2003), North Korea, Cuba…?

(btw, my source is Wikipedia)