Here’s a bio of Barack Obama put out by his former literary agents, Acton & Dystel, in 1991. Anything seem out of sorts?

Whew! For a minute there I thought Obama’s bio was going to claim he was part Cherokee. But still, The One must be furious that the people at his agency were birthers before the world even knew what birthers were. And to think he paid them a healthy commission for circulating this tripe!

Maybe as a joke some former presidents went back in time and messed with Obama’s bio just to see how he likes it.

All the background on that bio is here. Speculate away!

Update: A person who was an assistant at the agency at the time has said it was a “fact checking error.” (Job offer from the Associated Press incoming!) It would be interesting to find out if this same “fact checking error” was made on, say, Obama’s admissions application to Harvard. We’ll probably never know.

Comments

48 Responses to “Obama’s Former Literary Agents Were Birthers!; Updated

1. swede on May 17th, 2012 5:13 pm

So I asks meself, how does a kid with zero connections and an admittedly mediocre undergrad performance even get an interview at Hahvahd? (Most kids who apply with 4.0 GPA's are lucky to get a rejection note) Then I answers, apply as a poor foreign born muslim of color from Africa and/or Indonesia (or maybe a Cherokee or some such) and [chaching!] yer in!

Mr Soetoro is a master at putting on whatever suit suits his next gig. Now it's "Made in the USA Baby!

2. Marshall_Will on May 17th, 2012 5:42 pm

Also in "The Vetting" Obeyme trashes dorm room so bad the poor Mexican maids cried:

As usual, anything birther related proves inconclusive. NOT that this guy is in any way an American, nor the very variety of reptile Clu takes pains to describe. What IS clear is his understanding of manipulating all forms of media started at a very early age.

3. joyannaadams on May 17th, 2012 6:20 pm

Oh…here's MORE fun. There is a tape on YouTube, made back when George W. Bush was still President, when during an interview, a Saudi King said with certainty that very soon, there would be a Muslim in the American Presidency.

There are rumors that his education at Harvard was paid for by funds from the Saudi's. Vetting how he got there in the first place, ahead of Hillary, will be right up there with "Who killed JFK?" in our nation's great blackout of "YOU, the American people…do NOT need to know."

I will crawl back in my hole now.

4. Marshall_Will on May 17th, 2012 6:44 pm

Joyanna,

Actually that would explain a LOT.

5. swede on May 17th, 2012 6:50 pm

Even the linked article doesn't claim it means anything but what you just alluded to. This man is a pathological liar who will say whatever works best for him at the moment. (Witness gay marriage)

Being "Kenyan" here was to sell more of the books he never even ended up writing. Yet the birther black whole will never be satisfied.

6. Marshall_Will on May 17th, 2012 7:38 pm

swede,

Right, if you read down far enough there's contradictions that lean the other way leading you to believe there was -equal- evidence to indicate he'd been born in HI.

Btw, exhibiting total indifference and having -zero- compassion towards everyday WOMEN you come across in your day to day routine is something I've always taken as the hallmark of a repressed gay male.

Do we get frustrated w/ the gal at DMV that won't rubber stamp your form? Sure, but in the end hetero guys realize.., this is someone's mother/daughter/wife and we back off. Gheys don't see that.

7. jeffythequick on May 17th, 2012 7:51 pm

and he went from dope smoker (his words, not mine) for the last 2 years of High School to the smartest man alive!

8. jeffythequick on May 17th, 2012 7:52 pm

Swede,

Do I really have to witness said marriage? Really?
    ;)

Jeffy

9. jeffythequick on May 17th, 2012 7:54 pm

Wait… A Saudi king paid for Obama to be made king here during Bush's presidency?

Wow… it really IS Bush's fault!

(OK, I have to turn the sarcasmer off now…)

10. jeffythequick on May 17th, 2012 7:57 pm

After opening up to gay marriage, here's another issue he's taking on, one man at a time:

11. Marshall_Will on May 17th, 2012 8:05 pm

The regulations are immediately binding on federal prisons. States that don't fall in line face a loss of 5 percent of their Justice Department prison money unless their governor certifies that the same amount of money is being used to bring the state into compliance. Prison accreditation organizations also will be barred from federal grants unless they include similar anti-prison rape standards in their accreditation process, which means local jails could lose their accreditation unless they comply.

Yep, sounds like the gun-to-your-head type governance we've all come to expect. ( What is He doing about taxpayer rape?

12. SignPainterGuy on May 17th, 2012 8:18 pm

Fascinating what drugs will do for you ! /sarc

13. SignPainterGuy on May 17th, 2012 8:31 pm

I just hope ALL the truth comes out soon enough to do our country some good !

14. jeffythequick on May 17th, 2012 10:03 pm

The good news is that's only another government. It's not like they'd do that with people and their healthcare… black boxes in cars…

What he's doing about taxpayer rape is telling us, relax, you'll enjoy it!

15. jeffythequick on May 17th, 2012 10:04 pm

Which truth? 44% of the people still want this guy! It's not him, it's the people of this country that need to change.

16. SignPainterGuy on May 17th, 2012 10:22 pm

TRUTH truth, of course. The kind of truth that has no agenda. The truth that is like gravity; it works freely and independently of any and everything else and needs no one`s belief for it to be so ! The truth that stands on its own and when all the smoke clears, is still standing ! The truth that may kill, but also heals, like a two-edged sword.

And yes, I`m referring to the kind of truth the left fears most !

17. clu seatoe on May 17th, 2012 10:22 pm

In an earlier post I mentioned the guilt and hypocrisy that is so pervasive in and all around Chicago on the Potomac. It’s like if the Ghost Buster’s Stay Puffed Marshmallow Man were guilt and exploded in DC rather than NY raining down on the capitol complex and all it’s houses, and the river of guilt-slime flowed under the capitol complex and no one in the houses of government could escape getting slimed. And there will be no one to take up the mantel and lead the charge of what needs to be done.

Because of this (no outcry in DC), everyone except brave reporters not connected to any government bodies will ever even report this. And the MSM will reject it as from some right-wing whaco or will stiffen in complete and utter silent denial, like they were just diagnosed with an inoperable tumor growing out of the side of their face.

What? What are talking about? What tumor? You’re seeing things. No story here, move along.

18. Vetting Obama: Born in Kenya? Roger Simon Interviews Deconstructing Obama Author, Jack Cashill (Video) « Nice Deb on May 17th, 2012 11:20 pm

[...] The Powers That Be: Obama’s Former Literary Agents Were Birthers! [...]

19. ChapBix on May 18th, 2012 12:37 am

Having Native American ancestry in his blood is not out of the realm of possibility. I seem to recall that his grandparents were from the midwest, possibly Kansas. Not saying it is definite, mind you. Just would not surprise me if he pulled that bunny out of that.

20. ChapBix on May 18th, 2012 12:39 am

Appear to have screwed up the last post. Should be: Just would not surprise me if he pulled that bunny out of the hat.

21. jeffythequick on May 18th, 2012 12:40 am

I guess I didn't present my point the right way…

I meant, there is enough on this guy, and 44% of the people still want him, and that makes me sick.

Since I'm sick, and I have a two edged sword, how do I heal myself with it?
    ;)

22. jeffythequick on May 18th, 2012 12:41 am

that hat?
    ;)

23. SignPainterGuy on May 18th, 2012 1:01 am

You cut away that which is rotten (evil) !

That is how it works; not implying you have rotting flesh or spirit and just waiting for Hollyweird to call for a zombie casting session ! ;-)

24. jeffythequick on May 18th, 2012 1:40 am

But a single edged sword (or scalpel) would work as well to cut away rotten flesh…

OK, I'm just being argumentative.

25. SignPainterGuy on May 18th, 2012 2:04 am

I was referring to the Biblical reference of the "two-edged sword", so dig in and argue with it ! The Holy Spirit has all the answers ! ;-)

26. SignPainterGuy on May 18th, 2012 3:25 am

In `05, Obama admitted in an interview that he was from Kenya. About the same time, but before Alan Keyes left the race for IL senator, Alan mentioned to Obama that he was from Kenya. Zero said, (to the effect) "So, I`m not running for president !"

Two admissions that were scrubbed from the i`net. Apparently Zero had no presidential aspirations at the time, but we know that was soon to change …. and apparently some creative birth documentation was to come !

27. jeffythequick on May 18th, 2012 3:30 am

Who was the interview with?

28. SignPainterGuy on May 18th, 2012 3:37 am

It was a reporter from an Ohio newspaper. I had it bookmarked, but my hard drive died, and after getting it replaced and restoring "everything", it was lost. I`ve tried Googling it. but it must have been scrubbed.

29. jeffythequick on May 18th, 2012 3:37 am

President Gutsy apparently leaked the bin Laden raid details to the NYT.

Sacrificing our secrets for political gain: Beyond Gutsy.

30. SignPainterGuy on May 18th, 2012 3:50 am

Do you remember the inquisition of Col. Ollie North in the Iran – Contra Affair ? The panel tried to get Ollie to break but failed. They finally admitted what they were mad about was that they were left out of the loop. Ollie told them that they were left out because, "They had developed a habit of leaving closed-door, top secret meetings and heading for the nearest microphone."

Slick Willy sold secrets to the Chinese and Japanese.

Obama`s WH is not nearly the first to leak and profit from our nat`l secrets !

31. jeffythequick on May 18th, 2012 11:01 am

Did you get that info from bullet points on whitehouse.gov from Bill's website there?

32. jeffythequick on May 18th, 2012 11:13 am

So… here's the timeline as I see it:

Obama born somewhere
    Obama goes to Indonesia and Hawaii
    Goes to Harvard, not really sure what he does there, but it involves being the president of the Harvard Law Review.
    Someone writes that he was born in Kenya, and Obama paid for this advertisement. Some aide says it was a "fact checking error".

***Wait. Where did that aide get the "fact" that he was born in Kenya?***

I mean, I audit things at work, and we get some, shall we say, interesting things in the "facts" section, and that usually comes from someone overhearing/mis-reading/going off on some wild goose chase about something they heard someone say. Did the author think, "hey, he's black. and African American, so he must come from Africa. Let's say, "Kenya"

To be honest, I don't know for a fact where I was born. I was too young to remember, and it was a pretty intense day, from what people tell me. However, there are rules, and it'd be nice if they were followed, if broken.

33. clu seatoe on May 18th, 2012 12:16 pm

Hey, Harvard, if your “fact checking” process is more than checking enrollment records filled out by the student, perhaps you could let us know about the fact checking process that led to the “error.”

34. Marshall_Will on May 18th, 2012 12:46 pm

"This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me–an agency assistant at the time,"

In other news, Miriam Goderich has reported her car keys have gone 'missing', she can't remember whom she lent her Wayne Newton record collection to and has had sex with random neighbors simply by pulling into the wrong driveway…

35. jeffythequick on May 18th, 2012 1:06 pm

"OK, then. When Obama read this, why was there not a correction, and a retraction? "

I guess he did, in 2007, 16 years AFTER it was originally published.

36. jeffythequick on May 18th, 2012 1:07 pm

You mean objective verifiable evidence isn't me saying, "it is, because I say it is?"

37. SignPainterGuy on May 18th, 2012 2:23 pm

No. I don`t give WH.g hits unless a link isn`t obvious. No, I just remember them from watching some of them and hearing the breaking news.

38. clu seatoe on May 18th, 2012 2:33 pm

Harvard’s fact checking process:

Well, he told me “A,” and I can attest to that fact.

Now he’s saying “B,” and I can attest to that fact.

39. SignPainterGuy on May 18th, 2012 2:37 pm

I don`t personally remember the event, but I have seen my birth certificate. I have also heard some interesting tales; like the next day was the coldest day of that winter in `53. At my Dad`s funeral, I recognized an old family friend, the baker. I asked him if he remembered me (we hadn`t seen each other since I was a teen) ? He had m e to know that on the day Mom and I were to come home, Dad couldn`t get off work, it would cost another day`s fee to wait till evening, so the baker was asked to bring us home…. and he did …… in the snow ! If I hadn`t been in such a hurry and waited for the full 9 months, I could have been born in Spring !

40. Marshall_Will on May 18th, 2012 2:55 pm

Well yeah. Wouldn't you think there'd be SOME details and/or specifics those close to the family could recall?

Or was His birth just like his GF's, a 'composite' of differing dates, times and places, fluid as to the winds at the time? Cool story btw! Mrs. Will's parents were born at home, as was she. Much of Filipino family history is via corroboration and verbal. Told over and OVER again…. There was after all a WAR on and Occupy Manila.

41. SignPainterGuy on May 18th, 2012 3:30 pm

"He said that, I heard what he said, that`s what he said, he said that !"

When I hear radio commercials for some dealership touting their "Certified Used Cars", I know what they really mean, but I can`t help visualizing some white-coated tech guy with a clip board saying, "I certify that this car is 'used' " !

42. SignPainterGuy on May 18th, 2012 3:38 pm

There was one person who remembered Zero in muslim school in Indonesia who said the teacher was always fussing at Barry for not paying attention. There was one person who remembered him from college (don`t remember which school) who said Barry always had lots of white girls around him and lots of pot.

Not much of a history ! Not much to verify ! I guess Teh One n Done likes it that way; it leaves lots of room for editing !

43. SignPainterGuy on May 18th, 2012 3:56 pm

You say the lovely Mrs. Will was born at home, as was her family; talking with some of today`s Medicallies, you get the idea it`s a miracle they survived not being born in a $1,000. a visit delivery room !

My birth was a month premature, so I cost a little extra – about $200. CASH ! My daughter`s birth in `83 cost about $1,850. without insurance. A friend`s child about the same time WITH insurance and identical time and procedures cost about $2,500.

My Maw-in-Law was digging thru a box of photos and receipts and found the bill / receipt for her second son`s delivery in the same hospital, two years after me – $20.50 …… and they still owed the 50 cents ! Ha haa !

An additional comparison of hospital costs; my Dad broke his leg in a car crash in `41 (kept him out of the Army – he`d just received his draft notice) and stayed in the hospital about two weeks; cost – $200. ! (once he healed, he enlisted in the Navy and then the SeaBees)

44. jeffythequick on May 18th, 2012 4:53 pm

I know the Constitution says about being a natural born citizen, and that's a good stipulation. As I've said earlier, having character, and having an educated population is far more critical to the survival of our republic.

Come to think of it, none of the first 8 presidents were born US Citizens either, but they were men of impeccable character that could be verified.

45. jeffythequick on May 18th, 2012 4:56 pm

and now he's saying, "look! a squirrel!"

Doug,

Can you do us a favor? For the next 5 1/2 months, when something comes from the White House that doesn't involve the economy, can you start the post with "Look, a squirrel" or "White House Diversion" or some such witticism?

I'm just as guilty as any for following the bait these masters are putting out.

Jeffy

46. jeffythequick on May 18th, 2012 4:59 pm

I forgot the smirk… The sarcasmer was on for that last post…

47. SignPainterGuy on May 18th, 2012 9:03 pm

Ha ha …. I have the "Sarcasmolator" brand that has no "auto-label" feature either; it`s manual and I often assume the sarcasmofication is obvious.

48. caesar on August 23rd, 2012 11:19 pm

BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA IS AN ILLEGAL ALIEN.