Peacenik lefties, is this the Hope and Change you were looking for?

Barack Obama has insisted on personally approving a ‘kill list’ of Al Qaeda terrorists who should be hunted down and executed, according to reports.

The U.S. president requests that his advisers draw up ‘baseball cards’ with pictures and biographies that he pores over to see who should live and who should die.

As part of the bizarre ‘nomination’ process he then retires for personal reflection to work out whether or not to order a drone strike to take them out.

No president in history has taken such a singular role in deciding such matters, The New York Times reported.

Wait… waterboarding terror suspects is a crime against humanity, but personally selecting them to be blown into a thousand pieces based on info from a bubble gum card is acceptable? And this is the same President who was about to insist upon having terror suspect trials in civilian courts until realizing what a PR disaster it would be?

I don’t buy the whole story. It sounds like more “gutsy call” puffery handed off to the Times in an election year when The One has nothing else to work with.

Idea for a sitcom episode: Barack and Michelle accidentally get his target “kill list” and her Target “grocery list” switched around. Craziness ensues. Joe Biden guest stars as the wacky neighbor with a heart of gold and a brain of aluminum.

Comments

29 Responses to “NYT: Nobel Peace Prize Winning President Personally Oversees ‘Kill List’”

1. Marshall_Will on May 29th, 2012 5:28 pm

Probably b/c he knows which ones are low value targets he can tout killing without being too much a setback to The Jihad? Love the World Police squad cars in the photo shop btw.

2. clu seatoe on May 29th, 2012 6:22 pm

Zero, Zero, while you will never get my vote, I would almost think you to be a Military Hawk. Therefore, limited to this one topic I think I found something to commend you for. Could’a knocked me over with a feather. Just don’t let it go to your head and think it can be done elsewhere.

I for one have no problem watching the evolution of the drones coming back on the islamophiles after they set the precursor in motion on 9/11. I don’t see it as being the world police because we’re not trying to stop the islamophiles from blowing things up, just coming within our borders and those of our allies to do it. At this point in history we’re the only ones with the technology and the will to do it

And the American populace is not sufficiently contaminated with those who fall into the true category of the true definition of islamophobics (that is, those who live in fear of islamophile reciprocities). Rue the day that it gets here and I do believe it’s coming. Lefty’s bleeding hearts will lead to bleeding Americans within their own borders.

The problem that I see is that Americans having to go to foreign sources to get the information in the news.

3. Whom on May 29th, 2012 8:10 pm

Does our beloved mulatto Rambo choom up the ol' bong nice n' high before making his choices?

4. SignPainterGuy on May 29th, 2012 8:39 pm

My guess is yes, along with a couple lines off the night stand !

5. SignPainterGuy on May 29th, 2012 8:52 pm

FORWARD, the "new" BACKWARD !

6. backwoodsconsr on May 29th, 2012 9:02 pm

Is the US economy on his list?

7. jeffythequick on May 29th, 2012 9:51 pm

Child: Mommy, what is a tyrant?
    Mom: A person that is a law unto themselves.
    Child: Interesting…

8. Marshall_Will on May 29th, 2012 10:19 pm

Post of the Day! Perfect. Don't change a thing.

Yeah just sick about what's happening to Aaron Walker. Evidently he ran afoul of Bambo too. Just sickening.

9. SignPainterGuy on May 29th, 2012 10:23 pm

Saw a few minutes ago that Aaron Walker has been released on his own recognizance.

And YES to bwc; the US is first on that list !

10. joyannaadams on May 29th, 2012 11:59 pm

Tell me…

If I did what Obama is doing, make up a list of people that I want OBAMA to "eliminate" (Yes..there's that word, I'm sorry…you are all now on the list at the White House just because I used that word..) being as I am a taxpayer and I pay his taxes, therefore he works for ME…would I be considered an "terrorist?"

Can we assume this man is playing with a full deck at this point? What? Can't he —remember names—he needs play cards? And who gave HIM this power?

What a mind. Good post Mr. Powers, and great insights to the continuing watch of a man who might at any minute…lose a few cards…

At this point, I WANT him on the golf course.

11. Joe Redfield on May 30th, 2012 12:00 am

Cool. I bet they let him pull the trigger, or push the button, or whatever it is you do to launch the missle. And I hope he doesn't mix in his baseball cards with this weeks Death Cards, as a drone strike on Wrigley Field migh be a little hard to explain.
    And, has Code Pink weighed in on this yet? I thought not.
    Finally, the Times let another embarrassing fact sneak into its story: the definition of 'civilian', as in civilian deaths from drone strikes, has been expanded to include any male between the age of 6 and 60(or something) who gets killed.

12. backwoodsconsr on May 30th, 2012 12:35 am

Barack Oblammo.

13. Joe Redfield on May 30th, 2012 12:49 am

Oops. I meant the definition of 'terrorist' was expanded to include any male killed by a drone.

14. OK_Loyalist on May 30th, 2012 1:34 am

Dennis Miller was one of the 1st to pick up on this.

"He's a killing machine"

15. clu seatoe on May 30th, 2012 1:40 am

“And who gave HIM this power? “

Like it or not, it was the voters of 2008. The ones who may not have realized it but voted Zero to be America’s Commander in Chief, top military decision maker. The same position that gave Bush the power to accept or reject the “Rendition” and “waterboarding” scenarios.

While referring to Zero as top military decision maker leaves a distinctively bad taste in my mouth, I have no problem with Bush’s use of rendition and waterboarding. And the same safeguards that kept Bush from turning those powers against the American people will keep Zero in check.

The sensitivities of some Americans are such that they cannot accept some things but the baseness her enemies sometimes demand it. Let those who can and are willing do their jobs.

16. SignPainterGuy on May 30th, 2012 1:45 am

Thus the need to ALWAYS elect ONLY a person who understands and respects the position of Commander-in-Chief ! Zero just takes advantage of his position !

17. Marshall_Will on May 30th, 2012 1:47 am

"And, has Code Pink weighed in on this yet? I thought not."

Do those flakes have a website up? Maybe we should ASK them! Good point Joe. They "were a force to be reckoned with!" all throughout GWB's terms, now apparently disbanded…

18. clu seatoe on May 30th, 2012 2:34 am

…or at least try. Agreed. Thus the continued need for safeguards. One is: The month of November of every Leap Year.

19. jeffythequick on May 30th, 2012 2:38 am

Yeah, we're all happy when he kills the enemies, but when he kills an American citizen (that guy in Yemen), I gave pause, but since I didn't speak out loudly, there will be more, and closer to home, until they're inside the USA.

There are three branches of government for a reason, and since two have ceded to the one, tyranny is the natural product of such unions. It can be a tyrant we like, or one we despise and fear, but a tyrant is a tyrant nonetheless.

nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; (Amendment V, US Constitution)…

Which due process was followed in the creation of this list?

20. OK_Loyalist on May 30th, 2012 2:50 am

What part of my comment referred to due process?

21. jeffythequick on May 30th, 2012 3:54 am

I was reinforcing your point, and adding that the danger is kind of like the Martin Niemoeller attributed quote, "First they came for the…"

22. joyannaadams on May 30th, 2012 3:58 pm

Somehow, at least more than a few Americans, do not approve or did not think that the office of the Presidency would gain so much unconstitutional power.Congress did nothing to stop either Bush nor Obama from granting themselves unlimited power that they now have.Congress gladly gave it to them.So, yes, we kick them out…if you can. While it is popular to “blame” the American people, the elites in power have certainly rigged the game to their advantage. They run on popular themes of “right” and then when they get into office, they do exactly what they want.Where do you find the honest man? I was thrilled when Bush was elected, but..he let down many. Globalization is where our leaders have their loyalty ..(BOTH parties) not the American people…and that's my little Nobody Opinion. For example:How many times in how many states has same-sex marriage been banned, only to have the people's vote overturned by a judge? Too many. And Youtube will censor you if you just “state” your opinion on the matter. So, howDO you overturn a “judge” that has lifetime tenure, appointed by a leftest President? Obama is not the only “king” we must get rid of…but how? We need to have these discussions, don't you think? Joyanna Adams

23. clu seatoe on May 31st, 2012 12:52 pm

A bit of a ramble but I believe it can all be covered in one short paragraph:

The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks.

To reject it is to be doomed to repetition again and again. To accept it is to understand that none but ONE can and will set things right and alleviate the frustrations.

24. jeffythequick on May 31st, 2012 1:11 pm

He's a tyrant, but it's ok. He's my tyrant.

I think the Tea Party is our last best hope to restore liberty. We need to stop the liberal ratcheting, and turn it into freedom ratcheting, to wit:

A progressive program will be passed into law under the auspices of "helping people", and any attempts to speak ill of the program make you a hater. Then, eventually, people get sick of it, and roll it back ("We're going to end welfare as we know it."), and the people are placated.

But, at the next economic downturn, the system is already there, and the firehose is turned back on, and the system is refueled, and there are calls for more, since the previous system didn't work. "click" the progressive ratchet clicks.

We need a "freedom ratchet", and Obamacare is the first time to stop the liberal ratchet. Repeal it, no if, ands, or buts. Don't "fix" it. Repeal it. Then, eliminate the DoE (both of them) and the EPA.

Make all of the Administrations and Commissions part of the executive branch, and remove their authority to make regulations and levy fines. My son and I were trying to figure out which branch they were a part of, since they make regulations (legislative), investigate (executive), and levy fines (judicial). Judge, jury, and executioner, indeed, and as a bonus, legislator!

And yes, Joyanna, we need to have these discussions.

25. joyannaadams on May 31st, 2012 4:39 pm

Yes, Yes, and Yes! Repeal that holocaust in disguise called Obamacare. I'm with you Jeffythequick…the original documents of our founders are almost invisible to our govenment, and the Tea Party people are the last remaining wall of protection. I would even be for a “tea Party” Constitutional Convention where the “people” come from every state to proclaim their original rights. They could even vote for their “representatives.”Solutions could be discussed. (That's a novel idea you have…)They would never allow a third party to partake in any election (we all remember Perot) but it would wake a few of them up. They would ignore it of course, but it might let them all know the people ARE serious…and it would give many people hope for the future, which is sorely needed at this point in time. Joyanna Adams

26. homonomore on February 12th, 2013 3:09 am

(Beautiful, peaceful voice singing…)

Where have all the peaceniks gone, long time passing? Where have all the peaceniks gone, long time ago? Where have all the peaceniks gone, they weren't really peaceniks after all, they just hated George W. Bush more than they hated war.

Where have all the protestors gone? Long Time Passing? Where have all the protestors gone? Long time ago? Where have all the protestors gone, I guess their trust funds are running low, oh, when will neo-Trotskyites ever learn, oh, when will those fake, phony, feckless frauds ever learn?

Where have all the children gone, long time passing? Where have all the children gone, long time ago? Where have all the children gone, President Peace Prize dropped bombs on them all, he murdered 20 times more innocent kids in the Middle East than at Sandy Hook elementary school.

When will the war crimes tribunals form, long time passing? When will the war crimes tribunals form, long time ago? When will the war crimes tribunals form, don't be silly everyone, red Marxists are above the law, don't you all know that by now?

27. Prize Bond Schedule on February 17th, 2013 9:20 am

28. Finance news on April 15th, 2014 6:30 am

i agree that A idiosyncrasy of conservation funds is digit of the quays to astir up the commercial trap, beside unchanging families further communities, moreover getting a saintly erudition.

29. forskolin. pw on May 12th, 2014 6:09 am

Essay required proofreading services by some professional, best essay review solve this problem and review many categories of essay through online.