The Democrat Convention is coming up soon in Charlotte, North Carolina, so maybe these soon to be laid off workers can walk over and ask the Dems about their glorious signature piece of legislation:

In the warped minds of Nancy Pelosi and company, the above story is proof that it’s a good thing the Dems passed the law — because now those newly unemployed individuals will still have health care coverage. Thank God the Democrats are here!

Update: On the topic of socialized medicine, check out this 50 year old warning featuring Ronald Reagan:

(h/t Hope for America)

Comments

19 Responses to “Latest Layoffs Courtesy of Obamacare”

1. jeffythequick on May 30th, 2012 3:20 pm

Nothing to see here… move along.

Look! A (pick a topic):
    A) War on Women by the evil Conservatives!
    B) War on the poor by the evil Conservatives!
    C) …I killed Osama!
    D) Squirrel!

2. SignPainterGuy on May 30th, 2012 3:37 pm

" …. aimed at making healthcare more affordable." Another example of, "Whatever the dems say, the opposite is true !"

NC is a very important to Obama`s re-election hopes; so important in fact, he and Moochelle have canceled planned visits to the state after the passage of Amendment One !

3. SignPainterGuy on May 30th, 2012 3:40 pm

E) The dems / Obama couldn`t get anything done because of Republican obstructionism !

I find that one laughable, since the dems held majorities in congress AND the presidency and even the dems in congress balked on some of the legislation, but STILL, Zero got nearly everything he really wanted.

4. Truesoldier__ on May 30th, 2012 3:57 pm

I deal with the insurance companies on a daily basis due to my job. The one thing that I am hearing about is the expected upcoming layoffs due to the regulation in Obamacare that says the insurance companies must spend more on healthcare costs than administrative costs or give the customers a refund based on the difference between the two costs.

Most of the workers know that what will happen is that the insurance companies will reduce their adminstrative overhead by reducing personel; hence the fear of upcoming layoffs.

5. clu seatoe on May 30th, 2012 3:59 pm

Your being to logical and logic is lost inside the mind of anything to the left of a conservative Republican.

6. Nick on May 30th, 2012 4:00 pm

And I can't wait to see Romney capitalize on this in the debates… oh wait…

7. SignPainterGuy on May 30th, 2012 4:08 pm

At least once in a while, I must say something that makes good sense, just to keep people confused ! ;-)

8. clu seatoe on May 30th, 2012 4:16 pm

Try to encourage them with Pelosi’s and the Dem’s insight (bing it) on unemployment. Then ask them about their personal rationale for their politics.

9. jeffythequick on May 30th, 2012 6:28 pm

I thought clu was talking to me, and that had me utterly flabbergasted.

logical? pfft!

10. jeffythequick on May 30th, 2012 6:29 pm

Roosevelt won with 18-20% unemployment (the numbers were going down until right after the 1936 election.) I put nothing past these people or their acolytes in the press.

11. clu seatoe on May 30th, 2012 7:15 pm

That’s ‘cuz you looked up from the floor, took your eyes off the green line to admitting and got lost. :-)

12. Marshall_Will on May 30th, 2012 7:25 pm

Why? Did Romney pull a Cambridge Kickback? A Pittsfield Purchase?

Threaten to take people out to the woodshed if they failed to get in line? Have a botoxed CLOWN get on television and tell them they had to PASS it to find out what's IN it?

The list goes on but unlike Dimmocrats, we actually vett our candidates. So in that regard, you haven't even earned the right to be part of this conversation.

13. Truesoldier__ on May 31st, 2012 10:45 am

Don't mind Nick. He is still mad that Romney hit the pledged delegate threshold and is now the nominee meaning no coupe for RP at the convention.

14. jeffythequick on May 31st, 2012 12:24 pm

Awww….

There may be more layoffs… http://washingtonexaminer.com/politics/washington

Here's a tip that I use:
    When a door to door prog comes to your house, engage them in conversation. Tell them you're not sure who to vote for, and have them spend about 5-15 minutes to convince you. Act interested. Ask for extra flyers and information, yard signs, etc. Then, thank them for the information, and wish them well.

Costs (they give these to me, I don't pay for them…):
    Flyer: $0.20
    Yard Sign: $2
    Keeping some prog from talking to other people: Priceless.

(I did this to an OWS guy that came to the house, and when he asked for money, I asked for a web page, as I didn't give money to door to door people.)

15. Nick on May 31st, 2012 8:22 pm

I like how you included "pledged". __I also like the Paul-endorsed liberty candidates that are having success (lately Thomas Massie, Ted Cruz and Kurt Bills, doubt you'll recognize those names if these are the types of blogs you follow). I think you know the liberty movement doesn't end after the RNC horse race

16. jeffythequick on June 1st, 2012 12:38 am

Nick,

I was a delegate to the Washington State GOP (Snohomish County), and what I told the people from my precinct was that I am for RP, but as their delegate, I'd vote for the majority, and if there was a tie (there were 4 of us), if I could vote for my preference. We all agreed, and the vote was 3-1 for Romney. I told them I would vote for Romney, and if there was a second vote, what was I to do? They said I could vote for who I thought was best, essentially letting me have the right to choose as I wished.

The reason for this long-winded explanation is that the time for the fight over which candidate is over, and it's time to take the fight to Obama.

As for knowledge of Ted Cruz and the like, TS, Will, ChapBix, and OK_Loyalists (or their remarkably similar namesakes) all contribute to Michelle Malkin's site, and I know the liberty movement doesn't begin or end with a -R after your name.

However, Dr. Paul ran as a Republican (and was the nominee for the Libertarians in 1988) and got fewer than the required number to be the nominee. So did Bachman, Cain, Huntsman, Santorum, Perry, and the rest.

Getting back to my first longwinded story, Mr. Romney won. All the wishes and hopes won't change that. There are others (ahem, Pasadena Phil, but correct me if I'm wrong) that want to take the ball and go home, and would rather the system collapse. I'm not one of them. This country has seen worse times (think 1861, 1933, late 1941, 1777, heck, even 1812) but we stand up, roll up our sleeves, and get the work done. Heck, even in the Revolutionary War, it was pretty evenly split: 33% for separation from England, 33% for staying with the Crown, 33% undecided, and the last 1%… well, we know about the 1%, right? (sorry, a little OWS humor)

So, buck up! He has a son that is very articulate, and I think will make a great president. Let's keep our powder dry, and when it's time, use it against the arguments of the Progressives, the true enemies of Liberty.

17. jay on November 8th, 2012 11:56 am

oh honey. how ill informed you are. Democrats did not and do not have majority in congress. The Republicans did and still do. LOL What's your next great loser laughable excuse? lol

18. SignPainterGuy on November 8th, 2012 12:22 pm

"Congress" is the House of Representatives AND the Senate "combined" – IOW, BOTH Houses of CONGRESS.

The Dems DID have the majority in CONGRESS until after 2010 AND the pResiduncy and ignored and obstructed republicans at every turn and continue to do so !

Oh, how ill-informed you are !

19. Ernest on September 20th, 2014 6:17 am

I think quality education is must because it helps to make the things easy. I like your article because you express your thoughts in a perfect way. The review on paper writing help websites is also great for this purpose.