This is the political equivalent of recognizing Michael Moore for his tireless efforts to promote fitness:

Birds of a feather:

President Obama awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom on Tuesday to Dolores Huerta, an 82-year-old labor activist and co-founder of the United Farm Workers union.

Huerta is also an honorary chair of the Democratic Socialists of America.

DSA describes itself as “the largest socialist organization in the United States, and the principal U.S. affiliate of the Socialist International.”

Huerta has claimed, “Republicans hate Latinos,” and has spoken fondly of Hugo Chavez’s despotic regime in Venezuela.

Not that you would be, but if you’re still in doubt about Huerta’s socialist street cred, Hilda Solis really likes her too.

Comments

30 Responses to “Naturally: Obama Awards Medal of Freedom to Honorary Chair of the Democratic Socialists of America”

1. jeffythequick on May 30th, 2012 12:37 pm

The Presidential Medal of Freedom is the new Nobel Prize!

2. clu seatoe on May 30th, 2012 12:55 pm

“Democratic Socialists”

Boy, there’s an oxymoron.

3. Marshall_Will on May 30th, 2012 1:05 pm

Funny to note these two share the same outdated bunk assessment of what's best for America. NOW who's living in the past? She's old enough to be Obie's grandmother and probably worshipped the same Progs and approaches, Alinsky etc.

He's basically giving Himself a medal. And of course it's all about Him as he recounts fabricated & imaginary 'connections'.

4. SignPainterGuy on May 30th, 2012 1:49 pm

So, the pResident who isn`t a socialist (pause for laughter) gives an award to an avowed socialist. What`s new ?

5. Truesoldier__ on May 30th, 2012 1:59 pm

I was thinking more like the Order of Lenin.

6. Truesoldier__ on May 30th, 2012 2:01 pm

This is no surprise. This is the same woman who believes the US stole land from Mexico (her group uses the phrase "we didn't cross the border, the border crossed us") and believes that Republicans hate Latinos.

7. Marshall_Will on May 30th, 2012 2:38 pm

In other words, she's completely bonkers. Of course, now with our economy circling the drain, the 'border' is crossing them once again. This time going the other way.

Progs like this will go to their graves truly, truly believing "they were good people, doing things for the little guy he could never have done for themselves".

8. Truesoldier__ on May 30th, 2012 2:40 pm

O/T…just thought I would share some pics from our cruise to Alaska:

9. Marshall_Will on May 30th, 2012 2:44 pm

Just glad you and the Mrs. were able to see the Glaciers before they melted entirely. ( Who sez Libs have all the fun!? )

10. Truesoldier__ on May 30th, 2012 2:51 pm

LOL….Thanks, we did have a great time. Speaking of that did you see this:

Lost photos prove Greenland's ice was melting FASTER 80 years ago than today

And that was in the liberal Daily Mail.

11. jeffythequick on May 30th, 2012 3:17 pm

Beautiful pictures!

(sarcasm time now…)
    How did you get the pics of the clean water with the Exxon Valdez ruining Alaska for 100 years?
    (OK, sarcasm done now…)

12. Truesoldier__ on May 30th, 2012 3:21 pm

Didn't you know…..Exxon hired a bunch of illegals to clean the glaciers just for our viewing…..

13. SignPainterGuy on May 30th, 2012 3:31 pm

Heh, I saw these pix over at MM`s and had a terrible time not makin` some snarky jab at`cha like, "Hey, nice pix, but who`s the goofy lookin` guy standing with yer wife ?" I like ya, so won`t do it ! ;-)

I`m glad you both got to travel to America`s last frontier as M_W said, before the glaciers melt. Pffft ! You look like a very happy couple; I hope it continues forever ! :-)

14. Truesoldier__ on May 30th, 2012 3:47 pm

Im used to those comments. As you can see I married up in a big way. Not only does she have the looks, but she has the brains to match. We have a deal. I make the money and she invests it (and almost always doubles it).

15. SignPainterGuy on May 30th, 2012 4:17 pm

Wow, you ARE a happy couple ! Bless your hearts !

My ex was worse with money than me, (I learned it the hard way) so I did my best just to hang on to it. I`ve done much better since our split ! When we split, I thought we had 3 or maybe 4 credit cards; it turned out, WE had 4 and she had 5 I knew nothing about !

16. jeffythequick on May 30th, 2012 4:37 pm

Nobel Prize… Order of Lenin… Obama Medal…

They are slightly less useful as a box of Kleenex, but they come in more convenient pop-up boxes!

17. Marshall_Will on May 30th, 2012 5:12 pm

What I applaud, you didn't wait like a lot of Conservative couples until one of you has to book the cruise on a ship that has elevators..! And I'm so glad you found yourself in such good company.

Beating your head against the wall, dealing Oppressives until the day the hearse rolls up isn't the wife & I's idea of a good time? We've had our fill of that. Bad enough we had to put up w/ it in the workforce. I'll be dipped in sh!t and rolled in cracker crumbs before I put up w/ it in retirement.

18. clu seatoe on May 30th, 2012 6:01 pm

“Republicans hate Latinos”

This is a blatant and open confession that latinos will try to ignore the laws of the land and skirt the local policies to get by and if one is constrained by laws it’s because the law makers hate you.

For if anyone does what is right, follow the laws, no one will ever bother them.

19. jeffythequick on May 30th, 2012 6:05 pm

I'm with both of you…

The first Mrs. thequick was the originator of the "How can I be broke? I still have checks left!" but never gets the credit or the royalties.

The second is like yours, Will. Beautiful, smart, and good with money. The trifecta, plus, sadly, I've gained weight with her good cooking. I once thought there was something wrong with her, but I was mistaken.

20. jeffythequick on May 30th, 2012 6:06 pm

Good news!

He's the first Jewish President too! http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-stresse

Oy vey!

21. jeffythequick on May 30th, 2012 6:26 pm

They're lucky that the slavery debate was going on in 1848 when the land was "stolen" from them.

People sing the Marine song, "From the Halls of Montezuma" but have no clue why those words are in there. Yes, we were in Mexico City, but ceded the land back, as they would have been made into slave states. Also, we paid $15 million for the land acquired. We have the receipt. (Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, ratified by both US and Mexico.) Sorry if you don't like the terms; take it up with your ancestors for signing it. Oh yeah, you LOST the war. Be glad we didn't take it all.

22. Marshall_Will on May 30th, 2012 7:09 pm

"During the meeting, Obama told the rabbis that when he was running for Senate some accused him of being the Jewish lobby's "puppet" because of his many Jewish associates in Chicago."

And like any starting player for the ChiSox, I'll bet he can't name ONE. Long time posters know I'm a fan of Surf Guitar in all its varying forms, These guys are actually one of my favorite surf bands. Tho' not personal friends!

23. SignPainterGuy on May 30th, 2012 9:13 pm

Just need a crank handle on the side of the boxes !

24. SignPainterGuy on May 30th, 2012 9:17 pm

Sounds a bit similar to the libs who scream we went to war in Iraq to steal their oil, but refuse to notice or admit that we OVERPAID for the little bit of oil we got and most of their oil went to Russia and China and elsewhere, and WE defended those oil fields !

25. ChapBix on May 30th, 2012 9:50 pm

Is it just me or does she bear a keen resemblance to Helen Thomas?

26. SignPainterGuy on May 30th, 2012 11:09 pm

A little more schnozz, I`d say yes !

27. SignPainterGuy on May 30th, 2012 11:13 pm

They do have the Beach sound down. I be likin` that Hot Rod, fer shore !

One question, don`t they know fake beards are hotter than real ones ?

28. Truesoldier__ on May 31st, 2012 10:48 am

One of the advantage of taking a cruise when younger is all the really active activities are not nearly as crowded ;)

29. SignPainterGuy on May 31st, 2012 2:52 pm

A buddy and his wife took two Caribbean cruises and came back griping about being "mugged" by the peddlers in canoes and all the off-ship "activities" you had to pay extra for. Then they did the "near-shore" Alaskan cruise from Seattle. They enjoyed it much more and the only gripe then was the preponderance of 50+yr , 350+lb passengers mauling the buffets. I thought he and the Missus should have felt right at home. Maybe it was the competition that libs just naturally hate !

30. Truesoldier__ on May 31st, 2012 3:38 pm

There was a joke on the ship. You walk on the ship……and they roll you off as cargo at the end of the trip.