From CNS News:

At a Capitol Hill press conference on Thursday, a reporter asked Pelosi, “Madame Leader, the Supreme Court is getting ready to rule in the next month or so on the health care bill, and you’ve expressed pretty high confidence – I think you said 6-3 – but I’m just wondering if Democrats and the Democratic leadership have had any discussions or meetings to plan for any sort of contingency plan given the possibility that the court could strike any provisions from the law or the whole law, I’m wondering if Democrats are having any meetings to discuss contingency plans?”

Pelosi, in reference to how the nine-judge court will rule, said, “6-3. That’s it. 6-3.”

She was then asked why she was so confident about her prediction, “Do you have a crystal ball or what is your confidence — you wrote the bill but why do you have this confidence?”

Pelosi said: “Because I know the Constitution. This bill is ironclad. It is ironclad.

Ironclad… like one of Nancy’s stock tips.

Comments

19 Responses to “Pelosi Says SCOTUS Will Uphold Obamacare Because ‘I Know the Constitution’”

1. jeffythequick on May 31st, 2012 5:48 pm

I know the Constitution:

Explain Article I, Section 8 to me, then.

Explain the 10th Amendment
    Explain the 9th Amendment
    and yes, explain the 13th Amendment, I could make a case that ObamaCare is slavery, as I am forced to do something as a condition of my life, freedom, and/or property.

If you're some progressive looking at this comment, spare me the auto insurance B/S. That is first, a state issue, and second a condition of me driving a car on the public roads. I don't need insurance to drive a car on my own property. Lots of people in New York City don't have auto insurance, and neither does my 18 year old daughter, as she doesn't own a car.

As I've said before, ObamaCare is like gas. You have to pass it to find out what's in it.

2. Truesoldier__ on May 31st, 2012 5:49 pm

The only thing ironclad about the bill was the dems ironclad grip on keeping it under wraps prior to it being passed.

3. jeffythequick on May 31st, 2012 5:59 pm

O/T – Keeping it classy…

I do love the Axelrod hecklers too… 5 more months! (They can't handle the truth – he responded…) Sorry… 8 more months! 8 more months!

4. Dexter_Alarius on May 31st, 2012 6:19 pm

To Pelosi: "Are you kidding me?!"

5. Dexter_Alarius on May 31st, 2012 6:20 pm

Someone ask her what it means to "infringe".

6. OK_Loyalist on May 31st, 2012 6:55 pm

This dingbat doesn't even have a Juris Doctor and we are supposed to believe she knows the Constitution.

She knows the Constitution like Elizabeth Warren knows how to read a family tree.

7. Truesoldier__ on May 31st, 2012 6:57 pm

Well duh, that means to be in with the fringe groups out there. Nancy knows all about that…../sarc

8. Marshall_Will on May 31st, 2012 7:39 pm

Pfftt! Yuh not looking for either to untangle their twisted misunderstandings any time soon.

Then she goes on laying out the odds with all the swagger of some tipsy Vegas bookie. 6-3? So you're taking the Cardinals right? I mean, isn't that how you're supposed to run 1/5th of a nation's economy?

9. jeffythequick on May 31st, 2012 8:54 pm

I wouldn't give being a JD much credence. Obama has one, and he taught Constitutional Law.

(If I were a student, I'd want my money back, plus that Men in Black mind erase thingy for everything taught in his class, but then again, if I took good notes, I'd know how the Constitution is NOT to be interpreted.)

Nice one on the Vegas bookie visual…

Plus, In addition to my questions above, I'd like to ask her what this means, since doesn't ObamaCare raise revenue?

All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills.

Wasn't ObamaCare the Senate version?

10. SignPainterGuy on May 31st, 2012 10:15 pm

Was it ObummerScare, Tarp, the Porkulus Bill or something else that was "deemed to have passed" in the senate ?

11. jeffythequick on June 1st, 2012 12:11 am

It was ObamaCare, but the pulled that back quickly. It was the (aptly named) Slaughter (the Constitution) Rule…

12. OK_Loyalist on June 1st, 2012 12:34 am

I give her not having a JD a lot of credence. We are talking about someone that held the power to navigate the process to write a law that controls 1/5 of the US economy. If she held more than a BS in PoliSci, maybe, just maybe, this disaster of legislation wouldn't currently be in the SCOTUS, costing the taxpayer even more money that we currently don't have to begin with. And it blatantly shows your naivety.

Your dismissal of her credentials is parallel to saying a Biology major is qualified to diagnose disease and prescribe medications to cure.

13. jeffythequick on June 1st, 2012 12:50 am

I meant that having one didn't give Obama any special insight as to how the Constitution was intended to be used. Plus, look at a lot of the crap that comes from Congress from people that have law degrees.

I read what you're saying as she's a bag of crap because she doesn't have a JD, and
    I guess I'm saying she's a pile of crap, regardless of her law degree status.

14. ChapBix on June 1st, 2012 9:50 pm

"We might laugh, but in fairness to Stretch, people don’t usually accuse her of not knowing the Constitution — they accuse her of wiping her a$$ with it."

I would like swipe to some poison oak on her TP

15. ChapBix on June 1st, 2012 9:53 pm

"Except I'd rather be in a sealed room for a week with a bunch of beer drinking, bean eating diabetics that have no insulin (it's not pretty, folks) that just ate a box of diet almond roca (try it…also not pretty) than have to endure ObamaCare. "

The premise that you would soon be acclimated to the odor, oh my mistake, I meant fragrance. There would be no getting acclimated to ObamaScare because each new iteration/enhancement would be worse than the previous one.

16. jeffythequick on June 2nd, 2012 1:31 am

Have some consideration for the poison oak, please.

17. jeffythequick on June 2nd, 2012 1:37 am

Good point. Good news! Obama promises to redo it right in his next term!

18. SignPainterGuy on June 2nd, 2012 8:49 pm

Thanky, thanky !

19. binoy on July 26th, 2013 7:52 am

I too feel that this it’s necessary to pass these laws as it can help all those poor lives sustaining in America. These are made possible only through the serious efforts of Obama that he has adopted. There is no doubt that he will continue becoming the president of Americans for many years.
    <a href="http://www.snorestopnow.org” target=”_blank”>www.snorestopnow.org