Translation: Right wingers are trying to make it more difficult to cheat. WAAHHHH!

From Politico:

Attorney General Eric Holder told a council of African American church leaders Wednesday that the “sacred” right to vote is under assault nationwide, with federal lawsuits and at least a dozen state laws that could hinder – or block – minorities’ access to the ballot box this fall.

“In my travels across this country, I’ve heard a consistent drumbeat of concern from citizens, who – often for the first time in their lives – now have reason to believe that we are failing to live up to one of our nation’s most noble ideals,” Holder said in a speech before the Council of Black Churches. The threats of legal assaults and lingering discrimination, he added, means that “some of the achievements that defined the civil rights movement now hang in the balance.”

Yeah… I mean, if we don’t do something about right-wingnuts messing with the voting process, before you know it, people could just show up, say their name is Eric Holder, and be handed his ballot! Oh, wait

Having to show I.D. and prove you’re eligible to vote is a crazy notion, but handing guns over to Mexican drug cartels and trying to give foreign terrorists constitutional protections makes perfect sense.

When I pull the lever in November, I’m probably going to be voting so aggressively against everybody in this administration that I’ll end up ripping the handle from the voting machine.

Update: Holder demands Florida halt purge of non-citizens from voter rolls.

Question: Where is Congress when it comes to their duty to keep the AG’s office de-thuggified?

Comments

34 Responses to “Eric Holder Says ‘Sacred’ Right to Commit Vote Fraud Vote is Under Nationwide Assault”

1. jeffythequick on June 1st, 2012 11:52 am

News Flash! Right wing terrorist, Doug Powers was arrested today for threatening a voting machine…

We're lucky here in Washington and Oregon. We all vote by mail. It's secure, because only I can get my mail, plus I know when my ballot is delivered, and furthermore, no one but me can touch my ballot.

Nope… no chance of voter fraud. None what so ever.

2. Granny55 on June 1st, 2012 12:15 pm

Just think about how many times you have to show ID for the numerous things we do in our daily lives? Showing ID for casting a vote only makes sense. I saw a post somewhere yesterday by some twit who said you don't have to show ID to get a gun – what a croc of sh!t. And Eric Holder is the biggest piece of crap to ever hold court at the DOJ. His bold contempt and hatred for this country knows no bounds.

3. Marshall_Will on June 1st, 2012 12:21 pm

Or as we say in "Washington's Mexico"….

Fraud-by-Mail!

Holder is even being disingenuous is in his disingenousness. By and large it isn't the Black Community right wingers are concerned about when it comes to voter fraud? Besides, since most already reside Blue State major metros where Dem votes are double and TRIPLE stacked ( we've got better things to chip our teeth over )

4. Joe Redfield on June 1st, 2012 12:50 pm

The BO Regime is now in full "If you can't beat 'em, cheat 'em" mode.

5. Marshall_Will on June 1st, 2012 1:11 pm

Joe,

My point exactly. Is Holder rallying the BC behind BHO to seduce them to turning a blind eye to all the States and districts where Hispanic voter fraud could miraculously 'propel' a Dim Win?

None of us are exactly holding our breath that IL will flip to GOP ( like are you serious ) but could be a factor in swing states. He's imploring the BC to set aside their differences w/ Hispanics ( for the moment ) to get O'Blowhole re-elected.

After that they can go back to hating each other..?

6. Truesoldier__ on June 1st, 2012 2:06 pm

Here is WA ST we have found the only way to ensure our vote by mail ballot is counted is by sending it via registered mail. This seems to be especially true is you live in a red area of the state or are near a military base….coincidence…I think not.

7. Truesoldier__ on June 1st, 2012 2:08 pm

I am waiting for someone to challenge this by filing a discrimination lawsuit for being told you need to show ID to purchase liquer or cash a check. It sure would be fun to see the DOJ's acrobatic movement trying to defend the need for ID for those issues while still claiming that voter ID disenfranchises voters.

8. Marshall_Will on June 1st, 2012 2:27 pm

TS,

Great heads up, thanks. Shortly after rollout of FBM suddenly Washington and Clackamas counties turned skanky Blue too?

YOU know those areas! The hipster or aging Nam protestor with a V-dub or Subaru held together with Free Tibet bumper stickers is -definitely- the abberation vice the 'norm' once you get a few miles out of Portland!

Of course now it hardly seems to matter. Commence Operation Blue Deathgrip.

9. SignPainterGuy on June 1st, 2012 2:41 pm

My 8 yr old cell phone finally began to fail so I went to buy a new one. Yep, they had to see my photo ID to make sure I was indeed…. ME !

10. jeffythequick on June 1st, 2012 6:48 pm

Wait… they left that mode?

11. ChapBix on June 1st, 2012 9:40 pm

"Update: Holder demands Florida halt purge of non-citizens from voter rolls."

So it is okay to disenfranchise legitimate, established and registered voters by allowing non-citizens to vote? What?!

12. ChapBix on June 1st, 2012 9:43 pm

Seems to me that there is no way to be sure your vote will be counted. Is your name on the return envelope? If so, and they somehow know how you vote, the ballot could be inconveniently lost and you would never know.

13. ChapBix on June 1st, 2012 9:47 pm

"when we do, we'll kick their aspirations." and their butts.

14. Tim on June 1st, 2012 10:04 pm

I personally love the way it's done in Idaho, you can't even register to vote w/o a photo ID. Perhaps someone should check Mr Holder's ID, I mean he could be an imposter……………..too………just like his boss!

15. SignPainterGuy on June 1st, 2012 10:50 pm

Oh, wouldn`t THAT be delicious ?!

16. SignPainterGuy on June 2nd, 2012 1:19 am

Too bad the chief election judge in my county is a school classmate ! Dang !

17. SignPainterGuy on June 2nd, 2012 1:22 am

I wasn`t aware of it either !

18. jeffythequick on June 2nd, 2012 1:27 am

Say it out loud… ;)

19. Obama DOJ to Florida: Let The Dead Vote! …Update: Florida to Obama DOJ: Buzz Off | Lake Minnetonka Liberty on June 2nd, 2012 10:17 pm

[...] Holder believes the ‘sacred’ right to commit voter fraud vote is under nationwide [...]

20. Obama DOJ to Florida: Let The Dead Vote! …Update: Florida to Obama DOJ: Buzz Off | FavStocks on June 3rd, 2012 5:15 am

21. Allen on June 3rd, 2012 2:00 pm

Doug, it must be reassuring to know that when you pull the lever forcefully in November against Obama that there will probably be an illegal or two (or three) somewhere in your state cancelling out your vote. Hey, that's the new America way.

22. Moonbattery » 70% of Obama’s Twitter Followers Are Fake on August 24th, 2012 3:29 pm

[...] will follow you by the thousands for pay. Given Obama’s ACORN background, Eric Holder’s shenanigans, and the moral caliber of today’s Democrats, it is reasonable to assume that a similar [...]

23. geometry proof help on October 23rd, 2012 4:16 am

I think being to use a dog walking service is so good. A lot of people are in need of these services due to their health. So much great work comes from it. Great job on this.

24. professional essay on November 17th, 2012 4:13 am

Creative and well researched. Really love to read your blog. Thanks to share important topic.

25. Sidra on November 22nd, 2012 9:57 am

Fantastic one. Really informative for the topic of discussion. Have learn much more from that. click here

26. home page on December 11th, 2012 3:45 pm

I really appreciate your post. It gives an outstanding idea that is very helpful for all the people on the web. Thanks for sharing this information and I'll love to read your next post too.

27. Good post on December 16th, 2012 6:08 pm

Your site is enlightening and incredibly helpful. Most of us will definitely assert that everything you say in your website is great.silicone halloween masks for sale

28. Houston dentist on December 17th, 2012 10:46 pm

I am really impressed by this blog!Very clear explanation of issues is given and
    it is open to everyone.It contains true and fair information.
    Your website is very useful.

29. @Rihin789 on January 4th, 2013 2:26 pm

I am so much to join this blog . Thanks for posting . I f you post more I will be grateful .
    truck value

30. write a cover letter on January 16th, 2013 7:20 am

All the contents you mentioned in post are too good and can be very useful. I will keep it in mind, thanks for sharing the information keep updating, looking forward for more posts.

31. Business on March 25th, 2013 4:54 pm

well great work

32. banana peels on April 26th, 2013 6:43 am

Thanks for such an interesting thing which we can read now.

33. zemkarlos on June 2nd, 2013 3:31 am

I simply stumbled upon your weblog and wished to mention that I've truly enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. fiberglass mat

34. zemkarlos on June 11th, 2013 3:31 am

I am sure this post has helped me save many hours of browsing other similar post just to find what i was looking for. I just want to say thank you. kerry wedding photographer