I’m trying to imagine a scenario in which I’d be able to sit around a table with Anna Wintour, Barack and “Mee-shell” Obama, and Sarah Jessica Parker and yet still have any kind of appetite for a meal:

Translation: “Normally I have security quickly remove proletariat trash like you who wander too close to my Park Avenue den of elitism, but I’m willing to tolerate a couple of peasants for one hour only as my personal sacrifice in order to help Barack Obama finish the job of stuffing the rest of the US economy into the back of Jack Kevorkian’s old van. Don’t miss out, rubes!”

(h/t Weasel Zippers)

Comments

16 Responses to “Vogue Editor-in-Chief Willing to Tolerate Your Presence for a Little While in Order to Promote Obama’s Re-Election”

1. clu seatoe on June 2nd, 2012 12:13 pm

It’s not Zero’s fault, SJP just wasn’t bringing them in. Let’s try an additional hook.

Try putting a couple of doc worker’s union leaders at the table.

2. Joe Redfield on June 2nd, 2012 12:58 pm

Maybe next month they could try to raffle off tickets for a "Pow Wow Chow Down" with Lizzie Warren. Or they could take a different approach and sell tickets to prevent having to have lunch with Debbie Whatshername-Ditz.

3. jeffythequick on June 2nd, 2012 1:10 pm

Was that the worst filmed commercial ever? Too many cut shots. I think the best part of it was when they were typing in the web address.

Maybe next time they'll have a woman reading the script.

4. SignPainterGuy on June 2nd, 2012 1:24 pm

What`s second prize, two meals ?

5. clu seatoe on June 2nd, 2012 3:12 pm

“SJ and I both have our own reasons for supporting Zero.”

While mine is most decidedly not politics, I’m not even sure I could spell it without help from that adorable little six-year-old; I did receive an un-godly amount of capital from the U.S. Treasury, funneled through those un-capitalist, to extend you this invitation.

It’s like, you know, dear, a mondo tax refund for the last two decades. I’m so excited I can hardly catch my breath.

6. clu seatoe on June 2nd, 2012 3:24 pm

They had to edit so much because she kept looking off camera to read the cards.

One could only see how excited she was to be doing this for her Zero while wearing that oh-so-Vogue scarf.

7. jeffythequick on June 2nd, 2012 4:36 pm

That was second prize.

First is having a nice dinner without any of them, and an Obama T-Shirt you can wash your car with.

8. jeffythequick on June 2nd, 2012 4:39 pm

I think if she was really with it, she'd get a tramp stamp of the Obama logo.

That's what the cool kids are doing this year. That way, the rest of us can know they approved of the generational theft they are passing on to their grandkids.

9. ant on June 2nd, 2012 4:39 pm

I bet she's still a little miffed about having to follow laws. She, at one point, complained about retailers 'bargains' interfering with maximum profits. She suggested that now that she has "friends in the White House" they could embark on some price-fixing legislation. Alas, her high-minded ideals were shot down by the reply that her suggestion was,in fact, illegal.

10. jeffythequick on June 2nd, 2012 4:40 pm

Legal/illegal… just do it, darling…

11. SignPainterGuy on June 2nd, 2012 8:45 pm

Being an FotO has its perks.

12. jimbo on June 3rd, 2012 12:07 am

Ole Jimbo would love to win this one and sit around yapping all night about the finer points of Catholicism and contraception, my NRA membership, homeschooling, the pro-life movement, and how to make some good chicken fried steak, which I would bring with me, because they would only serve kale shards and broth-vapors to those skinny harpies. It would be a damn fine time. For me.

13. jeffythequick on June 3rd, 2012 7:21 pm

Can I get some Arugula and a 17 oz Coke with the chicken fried steak?
    ;)

14. SignPainterGuy on June 3rd, 2012 7:48 pm

And peas ! Don`t forget the peas !

15. ChapBix on June 3rd, 2012 8:52 pm

You can turn off the lights, Anna W. I won't be coming any time soon.

16. jeffythequick on June 3rd, 2012 11:35 pm

Ah, the pleas for more peas, please.