This pretty much sums up how we got in the mess we’re in. Paul Krugman, whose Nobel Prize in Economics single-handedly discredited the Nobel Prize in Economics forever, unabashedly says the things the Obama administration thinks is afraid to say out loud. Krugman says a billion dollars isn’t a lot of money compared to the size of our economy. Well, $50 probably isn’t a lot of money compared to Krugman’s net worth, but I’m betting it would suddenly be a lot if I asked him to give it to me.

Another gem here is that Krugman claims Obama hasn’t gotten nearly everything he wanted. Sure, the Dems only had carte blanche for the first two full years of Obama’s presidency and passed anything and everything under the sun. I’d hate to see what condition the economy would be in if Obama hadn’t at least been kept a little in check since January of 2011.

Roll the Keynesian crackpot:

Krugman went on to say that it’s terribly unfair Obama is being judged on the failure of the economy. Yeah, well, it’s also terribly unfair to credible economists that Paul Krugman is referred to as an economist.

(h/t Weasel Zippers)

Comments

24 Responses to “Paul Krugman on Solyndra: Come on, We’re Talking as if a Billion Dollars is a Lot of Money”

1. jeffythequick on June 3rd, 2012 8:58 pm

Paul, you're a Nobel Prize* winning economist, tell me this:

Why is it, over 134 years, inflation in this country was 2%, for the whole 134 years?
    In 1911, the relative value of $1,000.00 from 1787 ranges from $1,020.00 to $3,500.00. http://www.measuringworth.com/uscompare/relativev

but, for the last 100 years, the inflation was 1820%?
    In 2011, the relative value of $1,000.00 from 1911 ranges from $18,200.00 to $440,000.00.
    (same web site)

*Nobel Prizes come now with 3 box tops of Rice Krispies, I hear, plus $3 for shipping/handling.

2. SignPainterGuy on June 3rd, 2012 9:36 pm

$3. for S&H ? Dangit, they charged me $6.95 !

3. SignPainterGuy on June 3rd, 2012 10:53 pm

I wonder if Krugman is aware that 80% of the Green Energy loans went to Obama donors (read – cronies) and that 19 of those companies went bust ? http://weaselzippers.us/2012/06/03/video-80-of-gr

$1 Billion is a huge amount of money to me regardless, but especially when it goes to companies that are already failing and their executives get golden parachute severance packages to boot while the innocent employees just get the boot !

4. Granny55 on June 3rd, 2012 11:20 pm

Excuse me, Paul Krugman is not an economist – he is a child molester!!! Anyone who keeps on insisting that we keep on pouring trillions of $$$ down the toilet of the Ozero economy is nothing but a pure, evil, child molester, hiding in the wings, waiting for our children to come out into the light of day so he can rape them of every last cent they have not even earned yet. He belongs in prison!!!

5. jeffythequick on June 3rd, 2012 11:24 pm

If you go pick it up, it's about $14,000,000 for the security, two 747's, plus the hotel room. However, it's zero out of pocket expense, so it's cheaper.

6. Cry and Howl on June 3rd, 2012 11:55 pm

This guy's oars are not hitting the water.

7. SignPainterGuy on June 4th, 2012 1:04 am

You`re assuming he is using oars; I think HE thinks he can move the boat with his mind-power. "I don`t need no stinking oars !"

8. jeffythequick on June 4th, 2012 10:48 am

If he could use mind power, it wouldn't be enough to power a paper boat 2 mm.

9. Truesoldier__ on June 4th, 2012 11:09 am

Krugman believes that Obama hasn't gotten everything he wanted….oh does he mean like the last two budgets Obama proposed that not even a single Democrat would vote for?

10. jeffythequick on June 4th, 2012 11:51 am

I think it's the Republicans' fault, because they didn't vote for the last Senate budget that was passed… or brought up for a vote, some 1132 days ago.

11. Truesoldier__ on June 4th, 2012 12:33 pm

Those damn republican obstructionists!! Just imagine how much worse it would be if they were in the majority!…../sarc

12. Granny55 on June 4th, 2012 12:58 pm

So a billion $$$ is a drop in the bucket? Ask some of the governors in these United States, how much difference a billion $$$ would make in their state budgets? States can't print money to piss away – they have to live within their budgets. I cannot for the life of me figure out how he got the title economist? I have been a bookkeeper all my life and see numbers in black and white. I don't have a "thingamajig" from Harvard like Krugman but I do understand the economics. And I didn't even stay in a Holiday Inn Express!!

13. SignPainterGuy on June 4th, 2012 1:11 pm

Yes, but when he reported the fete, the "2 mm" would become "2 M" or "2 km". Video would be conveniently "lost overboard" !

14. SignPainterGuy on June 4th, 2012 1:12 pm

It appears we will find out soon ! ….. /no sarc

15. SignPainterGuy on June 4th, 2012 1:23 pm

Granny, I can`t remember when NC stayed within their budget. I think MI has done worse only because of the unions; the leaders seem not to realize there`s only so much money to spend. Our "Education Governor" Bev. Perdue who says "It`s all for the kids" has continued the tradition of stealing from the education funds and most other funds as well. It is so much "for the kids" that she decided not to run for re-election !

Our state government`s chicanery has been gobsmacking, face-palm inducing and infuriating all at once. Raleigh should be a prison !

16. jeffythequick on June 4th, 2012 2:46 pm

$1,000,000,000.00?

Mr. Krugman, you know how much is an excessive amount to spend on your, or any Keynesian projects?

$.01

I'm saving my box tops now…

17. jeffythequick on June 4th, 2012 3:33 pm

O/T but guess what?

US Factories in a <insert adjective that conveys shock> slump!

18. Granny55 on June 4th, 2012 3:47 pm

Yeah Michigan succumbed to Two Penny Jenny Granholm and her union minions and ran the whole state right into the p!sser. And our current RINO guv and the RINO controlled legislature here can't seem to find a pair to stand up to the thugs. Just read an article today that the teachers union alone has had unfunded pension liabilities to the tune of 6+ billion per year for the last two years and still nothing is done about it. I want Scott Walker for my governor!!!

19. Truesoldier__ on June 4th, 2012 8:21 pm

So what you are saying is her not running again is the first time she actually did something "for the children".

20. Truesoldier__ on June 4th, 2012 8:23 pm

Let me guess. Krugman would say it is no big deal because the drop was only .o6%……

21. SignPainterGuy on June 4th, 2012 8:33 pm

Yes; for the children or anyone else, for that matter !

22. men's back tattoo on July 18th, 2013 6:45 am

What’s up, the whole thing is going nicely here and ofcourse every one is sharing data, that’s actually fine, keep up writing.

23. Vaida on August 6th, 2013 7:08 am

Its been happening all around the world. Whos gonna kick the top level guy ? No one will reach him and if someone is getting close he has enough money now to pay and we cover it all.
    plauku priauginimas klaipedoje

24. SignPainterGuy on August 6th, 2013 9:47 am

"Top level guy"……… and who IS that ? Soros ?

He has plenty of money to protect himself, finance his schemes and laugh at us as we scramble to make a difference !

BTW, what language is that ?