When Barack Obama was campaigning for president he promised the unions that wherever their rights to collective bargaining were being threatened, he’d be there marching with them:

Obama would insist he wasn’t a no-show, as evidenced by a tepid Tweet of support for Barrett — but that’s not exactly “walking the picket line” with the union brothers and sisters.

Here’s a map of the county-by-county results from yesterday. Red counties are Walker and the blue are Barrett:

Exit polls show Obama with a lead over Romney in Wisconsin, but this just can’t be comforting to The One.

Meanwhile, the left is reacting predictably.

Oh, and I finally found video of my favorite moment from yesterday’s election coverage. The “democracy died tonight” guy:

A lefty lamenting the end of freedom as we know it can only mean something good for America just happened.

Update: MSNBC declares that the winner of last night’s election is… Obama. Hey, nobody thought one little drubbing would be enough to yank their heads out of their asses, did they?

Comments

53 Responses to “Obama No-Show in Wisconsin Breaks Yet Another Campaign Promise; Plus Awesome ‘Democracy Died Tonight’ Video”

1. jeffythequick on June 6th, 2012 11:04 am

You know, I always wonder why, after the Super Bowl and any event where there's a winner and a loser, why the media wants to interview the losers.

I don't want to hear what a loser has to say. America is about winning, and I care what they have to say. If this no-name loser wants to bawl on national TV (well, CNN goes to all 57, err… 50 states, doesn't it, or are there more than 49 people watching?), I don't want to watch it, except as some side-show freak that I'll pay 50 cents to see at the circus.

"When you, here, everyone of you, were kids, you all admired the champion marble player, the fastest runner, the toughest boxer, the big league ball players, and the All-American football players. Americans love a winner. Americans will not tolerate a loser. Americans despise cowards. Americans play to win all of the time. I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed. That's why Americans have never lost nor will ever lose a war; for the very idea of losing is hateful to an American." – Patton

2. clu seatoe on June 6th, 2012 11:32 am

…and how many of those kids want to play with the playground cry-baby or the kid who blames everyone else for his failures?

3. Marshall_Will on June 6th, 2012 11:45 am

Gov. Walker showed this country the difference between how a Conservative wins ( graciously and w/ class ) and how Progressives 'win'.

"I will be ALL your pResident" "I won!"

Can't tell you how good it felt to see the Prog Machine in full Epic Fail last night. Mandatory union membership for PEU's + Automatic dues payroll deductions + 95% siphoned off to Dim candidates and Lib agendas + bullying membership = Permanent Dim Majority!

THAT'S what 'died' last night my friend. Handily. Democracy died January '09. We're just trying to get it BACK. Dimwit…

4. SignPainterGuy on June 6th, 2012 12:01 pm

Jeffy, Clu, M_W, well said, all of you !!

Glenn Beck pointed out a few minutes ago that his new internet tv show has more subscribers than CNN has viewers; sometimes 3 times as many !

Last night when I read about the "democracy has died" whiner, I shouted "GOOOOD, `cause we live in a REPUBLIC !!"

5. Marshall_Will on June 6th, 2012 12:12 pm

Because 'Democracy' is defined by using innocent children as human shields for union extortion and shakedown of taxpayers for slacker jobs, over the top benefit hoarding and cushy retirements right?

For clarification, what I mean when I say "benefit hoarding" is simply more 'benefit' than one could ever possibly use. Over lapping bennies, redundant bennies ( Sick Days AND Vacation Days ) and the elimination of any need for having saved a DIME over the course of your working life.

6. SignPainterGuy on June 6th, 2012 12:21 pm

Democracy is one of those words that sounds great, so noble, better than despotism and tyranny. I suppose it "can be". It sounds like a system of government where everyone has a voice and a vote and every one of them is important, heard and counted; the majority vote getter wins; everyone is treated fairly …… IT`S ALL GOOD !!

In practice however, in a democracy, the loudest, best funded voice wins and becomes the most powerful and calls all the shots ! No wonder socialists like to confuse the masses with the word, democracy !

7. Dale on June 6th, 2012 12:23 pm

I find it amusing that the little fairy that was crying about Walker outspending Barrett 30 million to 4 million probably finds nothing wrong when Obama raises more money than his opponent. Maybe this clown should realize that when a governor cuts the deficit from over 3 billion to 143 million, maybe the voters realize he is doing his job the right way.

8. SignPainterGuy on June 6th, 2012 12:24 pm

DOUG, I forgot and used THAT keyword and got red flagged ! Can you get me out of the penalty box ? PLEASE !

9. jeffythequick on June 6th, 2012 12:29 pm

The sew shall ism one?

I made it! It didn't flag it! w00t w00t!

10. Truesoldier__ on June 6th, 2012 12:56 pm

No wonder Obama was a no show. The contrast between Obama's dismal record and lack of leadership and convinction compared to Walker's sterling record and his true leadership and conviction would be the nail in Obama's coffin.

11. Truesoldier__ on June 6th, 2012 12:58 pm

Of course the numbers they are using do not include the in kind cotribution of man power from the union (both within and from out of state). They probably are not even counting money spent by the union either. When you add those in I would not be surprised if it was even or if the Barrett side had way more money.

12. SignPainterGuy on June 6th, 2012 1:07 pm

That`s the one ! If spelled correctly, it grabs you; if you get creative, like I knew I should have, like you just did, it is none the wiser.

13. Truesoldier__ on June 6th, 2012 1:11 pm

How much you want to bet you will see even more PEU memberships drop now that Walker has won? I am guessing another 1/4 to 1/3 of those left were waiting to see what happened as they were fearful to be on the opposing side of the union if the union won last night (and that was who Scott Walkers opponent really was).

14. SignPainterGuy on June 6th, 2012 1:14 pm

When I first heard that, I too wondered, "By what counting measure ?" It`s been public knowledge since the anti-Walker protests began that in- and out-of-state union monies were involved ! In- and Out-of-state Dem. Party monies were involved. They would have used money from Mars if possible !

I can`t help believing that Divine Intervention was involved yesterday !

15. Marshall_Will on June 6th, 2012 1:17 pm

TS,

O'Drama has now degenerated into total disarray over mere strategic avoidance. We've successfully forced an official period of mourning and soul searching for pandering, "ditzy blue" voters in a shockwave sent thru the Upper Midwest.

They're finally being forced to re-examine their relationship with: The Democratic Party, their beloved Union, fellow voters, households and even themselves. I believe this is what they refer to as "shaken to the core".

16. Truesoldier__ on June 6th, 2012 1:30 pm

Or perhaps it is an intervention…….

17. Truesoldier__ on June 6th, 2012 1:32 pm

What never ceases to amaze me is when you look at the election map and see a sea of red and yet the election is still this close. I know that it has to do with population density in the bigger cities vs the less populated rural areas, but it is still amazing to look at.

18. SignPainterGuy on June 6th, 2012 2:06 pm

You can`t help but wonder how much cheating was involved.

As a radio show host said yesterday, you don`t have to beat the margin of "error"; you have to beat the margin of "cheating" ! 6.9% was a comfortable margin !

19. Patti on June 6th, 2012 2:13 pm

Tea Party 1 Union Thugs 0

It’s often frustrating how we are forced to go to battle with the left on the bandwagon of flaccid and uninspiring Republicans that lack core principles. That was not the case last night when Scott Walker won his decisive victory against the best efforts of the union thugs in Wisconsin. Scott Walker is a man who sought power not for power’s sake, but to implement the free market reforms that he campaigned for. That sort of intrepid decisiveness is what inspired a following of savvy Tea Party activists. That is what made all the difference.

***

Hitler’s Reacts To Scott Walker Win

20. SignPainterGuy on June 6th, 2012 2:14 pm

Can`t speak to the percentages, but I know the unionized workers here at the local paper mill, the region`s largest employer since 1905 ish, unionized in the late `60s, are among some of the unhappiest folks I know. NO ONE likes working there ! I blame it solely on the unions; thru many changes, it has always been subsidiaries of the AFL-CIO .

21. Patti on June 6th, 2012 2:18 pm

Sarah Palin On Wisconsin: "Obama's Goose Is Cooked"

22. SignPainterGuy on June 6th, 2012 2:21 pm

Always such a pleasure, Patti GeL ! Lt Guv Kleefisch also won and as I understand it (I think I read it right), 4 of 5 of the legislators who were also facing recalls won as well; the 5th had not been reported as of the printing last night.

I often wonder how Hitler didn`t Bust a Vein !

23. Marshall_Will on June 6th, 2012 2:51 pm

"were waiting to see what happened"

Being forced to play a split HAND as it were..? Makes -perfect- sense TS. Welcome to the real world amigos!

How many couples have found themselves cattle prodded into these life or death decisions over the last 4 years? If uh… I get that raise, we can keep the house or if they don't cut back my hours (again ) we can keep the boat or..?

When it becomes apparent the -union- can no longer look out for their best interests, then they can always use those dues $'s and call Charles Schwab to set up an IRA. Like the rest of us…

24. Truesoldier__ on June 6th, 2012 3:01 pm

I laugh daily at my co-workers (remember I am a fed employee). They are all counting on their pensions and SS to cover their retirements. I keep telling them that change is coming and the pensions they are counting on will be a big part of that change.

While most of them are barely living within their means and have no disposable income to contribute to their own pension, the wife and I have been investing on our own for years (to include our recent trip to Alaska). We are very nicely diversified that we know we will be fine when we retire, without need to worry about when the pension plan changes over to a 401k style plan (it is coming).

25. Truesoldier__ on June 6th, 2012 3:01 pm

Do you think the stock market surge today is due to the results of last night?

26. Marshall_Will on June 6th, 2012 3:17 pm

TS,

And you should see all the 20-something owned classic muscle cars ( well, re-issued ones ) cruising around my Guard Base? Although they make 5 X what we made as junior enlisted, they're still foaming at the mouth for payday! Really?

Won't THEY be surprised. Especially given many of them have 12 to 16 years to GO. Yup, no chance they'll… be affected? While I'm not totally averse to changes in the Mil/Fed ret. system.., when every schlub at the City and STATE level has had their turn in the barrel, I'm all for it!

27. Marshall_Will on June 6th, 2012 3:20 pm

We've all seen the Hitler reacts vids before but that one was absolutely GOLDEN. "The only place we can fall back to is… Sacramento".

"All public employees that make over $100,00 in pay and benefits leave the room!" and the 'room' basically clears OUT!

28. Marshall_Will on June 6th, 2012 3:24 pm

It's called a "relief rally"

As in we're all so relieved these States are finally getting their fiscal house in order! We don't have to give their Municipal Bonds a downgrade ( today? )

Personally ( Big Investing Disclaimer! ) muni's are about the most dangerous thing you can TOUCH right now. I'd be scouring my mutual funds to see just how much is in there?

29. Truesoldier__ on June 6th, 2012 3:49 pm

Great tip. Makes sense. Last thing I would want in my funds is muni's.

30. jeffythequick on June 6th, 2012 4:04 pm

Glenn Beck pretty much hit it on the head this morning:

Barack Obama is a coward.

When things go well, he's all in there.

When things don't, the buck never even got to his desk.

31. Marshall_Will on June 6th, 2012 4:39 pm

TS,

Went thru this drill back in The Housing Implosion rooting out Mortgage Backed Securities from client accounts prior to detonation. If you call the wholesaler and s/he "can't say for sure?" that means it's loaded up.

BAIL

As we perform our island hopping campaign from State-to-State w/ a flame thrower delousing the area, harsh realities will set in. Like my banker buddy Bruce always says, Let.States.Fail

32. Patti on June 6th, 2012 4:48 pm

Hi SPG…good to see you, too! You're correct, Kleefisch won by a little bigger margin than Walker….. 5 senate seats…great night :)

33. Patti on June 6th, 2012 4:51 pm

"GOLDEN",,,,Oh yeah, this one is my fav…..LOL !!

34. Patti on June 6th, 2012 5:10 pm

ahhh…make that 4 senate seats….too much champagne for Patti ! lol

35. SignPainterGuy on June 6th, 2012 6:44 pm

Have you heard how the fifth one went ? I have not. The schadenfreude would be absolutely intoxicating if it went all 7 for 7 ! 6 for 7 is wonderful, but being able to rub the dirty leftist`s noses in their own …. droppings would be great ! And well deserved !

36. SignPainterGuy on June 6th, 2012 6:48 pm

"… the buck never got to his desk." Is that another way of saying, "The money is still at the union 'laundry' " ?

37. The Zoo Keeper on June 6th, 2012 7:33 pm

This is what it looks like when Obama's "got your back": http://twitpic.com/9tj39j

38. SignPainterGuy on June 6th, 2012 8:35 pm

Ooo, that much, eh ?

39. ChapBix on June 6th, 2012 11:48 pm

I saw that also. On another map, the blue states had three shadings, from dark blue to light blue with a shade in between. There are twelve states total in blue. WI appears to be a microcosm of the entire country with far more red counties than blue.

40. ChapBix on June 6th, 2012 11:49 pm

What would Patton have to say today?

41. ChapBix on June 6th, 2012 11:55 pm

Wonder what the smoke-filled back rooms at the Dimocrat convention later this year will sound like? Is there a mutiny brewing among the rank and file (that would include the elected Dimocrat class as well as the non-elected patrician class since Obama is always in a league of his own at the top)?

42. SignPainterGuy on June 7th, 2012 12:23 am

We can debate whether or not he learned his lesson about slapping soldiers for cowardice, but you just know he`d be totally ashamed 52% of the electorate who could be bothered to vote did so for this soc-ial-ist pResident ! Then he`d wonder why Walker won by only 6.9% ! And cuss a blue streak !

43. SignPainterGuy on June 7th, 2012 12:28 am

As TS pointed out, the more populous cities are majority dem, which I see as a great reason to keep the Electoral College; so 10 or so largest cities can`t decide the nat`l elections !

44. jeffythequick on June 7th, 2012 12:30 am

One of the following:

"Nobody ever defended anything successfully, there is only attack and attack and attack some more."

"A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future."

"You must do your damdest and win."

"If you are going to win any battle, you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do… the body is never tired if the mind is not tired."

In short, we won yesterday, and the War on America isn't over. If this were a 100 mile walk, we're just getting our shoes tied.

45. jeffythequick on June 7th, 2012 12:31 am

If you make a word that rhymes with it, it flags it too. I did that yesterday with glow shall ism.

46. SignPainterGuy on June 7th, 2012 12:33 am

It looks like many (perhaps 38%) of the union voters cast their votes for Walker http://weaselzippers.us/2012/06/06/report-38-of-u

So the rank and file dems may abandon the party in a similar number. Whether they vote R or I or don`t vote at all remains to be seen !

47. SignPainterGuy on June 7th, 2012 1:00 am

Separating the syllables with hyphens seems to get the job done and it doesn`t require creative spellages !

48. jeffythequick on June 7th, 2012 2:14 am

He had no illusions about cowardice either, and his Commander in chief was every6 bit the Progressive that the current one is.

49. jeffythequick on June 7th, 2012 2:31 am

Patti, you at all related to Green Eyed Lady on MM's site?

50. jeffythequick on June 7th, 2012 3:36 am

I think that was the 99%.

99% overestimated.

51. jeffythequick on June 7th, 2012 3:37 am

This union member (not by choice, but by force) would vote for Walker, and will vote for Rob McKenna in the fall. My wife will too, as well as the kids.

52. jeffythequick on June 7th, 2012 11:22 am

I think I found it:

"I don't want to get any messages saying, "I am holding my position." We are not holding a Gosh darned* thing. Let the Progressives do that. We are advancing constantly and we are not interested in holding onto anything, except the enemy's votes*. We are going to twist his votes* and kick the living snot* out of him all of the time. Our basic plan of operation is to advance and to keep on advancing regardless of whether we have to go over, under, or through the enemy. We are going to go through him like crap through a goose; like snot* through a tin horn!"

*Patton was a colorful speaker. Edited for the kids. The real speech is here: http://www.bob-west.com/PATTON-SPEECH.html

53. SignPainterGuy on June 7th, 2012 2:33 pm

At how many polling places ? ;-)