The misguided lefty question of the week:

Progressives from across the country have come to Providence, Rhode Island, this weekend to party and network for the “giant family reunion for the left” — the Netroots Nation Conference. After a crushing loss Tuesday following the failed attempt to recall Governor Scott Walker, Wisconsin activists served as the reunion’s grumpy uncle.

At the “Take a Walk, Scott: Post-Mortem of the Wisconsin Recalls” session one particularly ticked-off panelist engaged in several frustrating rants slamming Walker’s reforms, campaign finance law, and the media.

“What would Hitler have done with Fox News,” exclaimed Harry Waisbren. “It’s impossible to imagine the power of propaganda system that we have right now, and there is no counter. The one percent is able to buy our media.”

The first question this guy should be concerned about is, “What would Hitler have done with political dissenters like me?” I’ll give him a hint: It has something to do with gravity and piano wire.

Funny how these people pretend the only media outlet in the country is Fox News (which I suppose is a compliment to Roger Ailes). The left owns the vast majority of mainstream media outlets — taxpayers even fund a couple of them. But Fox News, which comprises a fraction of the overall media atmosphere, is always the left’s public enemy #1 and one of the top targets for their blame whenever voters simply decide we’re on an unsustainable path.

Comments

17 Responses to “‘What Would Hitler Have Done With Fox News?’”

1. clu seatoe on June 9th, 2012 6:46 pm

You can’t handle the truth!!
    Eh, eh?

I’m guessing He would have shipped all Fox News associates to someplace like the Dachau or Auschwitz Konzentrationslager as he did with the Jews and the Christian Church leaders who apposed him in his day and as the left, his political descendants, would like to do now, if it were possible.

2. ChapBix on June 9th, 2012 8:52 pm

I have an uncle who has equated the "right-wing" with the Nazis. Just cannot find the courage to correct him since he is one of two brothers of my deceased father and is in his eighties.

3. SignPainterGuy on June 9th, 2012 9:01 pm

There`s a lot of that goin` on ! I can`t understand it; Nazis were / are soc-ial-ist-s ! The right-wing is the exact opposite ! Too strange !

I guess it`s that the Nazis were evil, dangerous and wrong; they see the right-wing as the same, so, the connection is made ! They are convinced (without in-depth thought involved) that the left is correct !

4. jeffythequick on June 9th, 2012 9:12 pm

As the grandson of a Nazi army person…

When they come to your school, and "ask" all of the boys 14 years old and older to come with you, and they have guns, and they are the only thing you've known, you have to make a choice: Do I want face a certain death, or a probable one?

I always correct people when they equate Nazism with the American Right Wing. I just ask them, "when you say 'Nazi' you're referring to the National Socialist Party of Germany, right? That is what Nazi is short for."

They usually change the subject. As for your uncle, there is something about old dogs and new tricks.

5. jeffythequick on June 9th, 2012 9:13 pm

Uh-oh… I used the correct spelling of sew shall ist when referring to the National Sew Shall Ist party.

You'll see my comment on Monday.

6. OK_Loyalist on June 9th, 2012 9:19 pm

Just start it out with … In all due respect

7. clu seatoe on June 9th, 2012 9:51 pm

I think one important thing would be to get him to verbalize the “why” of his opinion. “Because” is not an answer. When it comes to politics most everybody has an opinion, but is it theirs or someone else’s.

It’s always easier to abscond with someone else’s opinion. That way one does not have to face the real issues and draw their own conclusions and thereby formulate their own opinion.

Of course at 80+ years he may have done that many years ago and came out thinking that socialism is a better way. The important thing is “why.”

…and don’t let it be a monologue.

8. clu seatoe on June 9th, 2012 9:59 pm

The only way TO BE convinced that the left is correct is WITHOUT in-depth thought or critical thinking, or extreme selfishness, as with the illegals and anyone else living on unearned welfare or entitlements.

9. Marshall_Will on June 9th, 2012 11:21 pm

Guys, here's a really excellent audio link from MM's daily newsletter. In it, she's on SH's Fox Radio Show and she positively 'torches' Sally Kohn in STUNNING and articulate fashion.

To a large degree, I fully understand. It was a slow day so another Leftist scumbag had nothing to do but do yet another… cut and paste -hit piece- on Michelle. This time she was having NONE of it. As should we all. She got right down to the nitty gritty of dealing w/ these pukes. Calling her a COWARD to Sally's FACE. The Michelle refuses to accept her standard non-apology apology. As should we ALL. Listen as Sean tries to pull MM off of her. Pricesless:

10. SignPainterGuy on June 10th, 2012 12:59 am

Whoa, most excellent OWNING by our Hostess who is petite in body only, btw ! Michelle had her facts ready at the tip of her tongue, as usual, and Sally played the role of the typical leftist; never answer a direct question ! IMO, sincere apologies come after a moment of introspection, not "Bang, bang, bang, oh, I`m sorry, bang, bang, bang !!" I wouldn`t accept it either !

Thanks for the linkage, M_W and "Well done, Michelle !"

11. OK_Loyalist on June 10th, 2012 1:57 am

In all due respect, what does this have to do with my comment to ChapBix?

Let me be perfectly clear here, Marshall_Will… you are a Phil kiss ass and always will be.

Don't ever respond to me here or on MM without the expectation of being called out on this.

12. jeffythequick on June 10th, 2012 1:10 pm

Did I miss something?

13. SignPainterGuy on June 10th, 2012 3:05 pm

Shoot me an email if Doug gave you my addy !

14. jeffythequick on June 10th, 2012 3:48 pm

Mine is jeff at abc-solutions dot biz

I'm having issues with DNS on the jeffythequick domain, and I'm in Oregon, and all my passwords are up in Everett.

15. OK_Loyalist on June 11th, 2012 2:51 am

C'mon Sign, have the balls to say it out in public, or are your lips stuck on Phil's ass as well ?

16. SignPainterGuy on June 11th, 2012 3:08 am

You`re the only one among us who knows about asses !

17. OK_Loyalist on June 11th, 2012 3:10 am