In other news, I’m continuing to refer to Sheila Jackson Lee as an “unintentionally great comedienne.”

Money quote of the week by way of the American Thinker:

After Fox’s Griff Jenkins told Lee regular citizens are worried that no matter which way the SCOTUS vote goes we may be in for more congressional gridlock, the Texas representative brought up King.

I want to embrace those Americans… in fact when I go home I speak their language and they speak mine I’m quoting the great philosopher Rodney King, “can we all get along?”

Descartes, Wundt, Aristotle, Jung, Hegel, Plato, Schopenhauer and Rodney King. Yeah, that sounds about right.

Now, somebody might say “come on, she was being facetious.” But since this is the same member of Congress who thinks there are still two Vietnams and who once asked someone at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratories if the Mars Pathfinder had taken an image of the flag planted there in 1969 by Neil Armstrong, she hasn’t earned that level of benefit of the doubt:

Comments

15 Responses to “Sheila Jackson Lee Strikes Again: Refers to Rodney King as a ‘Great Philosopher’”

1. clu seatoe on June 10th, 2012 4:15 pm

Sheila yada yada misquoted her “great” philosopher; he said “CAN’T,” not “can” we all just get along? After a drug induced raving at LAPD. Whining about how he was treated and why he was treated so badly for doing nothing.

IOW why’d they have to treat me like that, I dint do nuffen.

Sheila yada yada is the personification of the left’s rhetorical parrot and doesn’t present herself as a very educated person, and as always, what the left means by “get along” is stop fighting us and do it our way.

2. SignPainterGuy on June 10th, 2012 4:35 pm

A cogent thought occurs every 15 seconds; look who missed AGAIN !!

3. ChapBix on June 10th, 2012 6:00 pm

More like gears persistently slipping.

4. Granny55 on June 10th, 2012 6:33 pm

I think she has water logged dementia that she got after tipping over the Island of Guam!!! What a tool!!!

5. SignPainterGuy on June 10th, 2012 6:41 pm

Perhaps gravel in her two gears !

6. Sunday’s Best of the Blogroll Updated throughout the day « The Daley Gator on June 10th, 2012 6:49 pm

[...] Doug Powers: What Salma Hayek is too sexy, Sheila Jackson Lee is to stupidity! [...]

7. backwoodsconsr on June 10th, 2012 9:09 pm

To a mind as shallow as hers, Rodney King probably does seem deep.

8. SignPainterGuy on June 10th, 2012 9:44 pm

If still waters run deep, Sheila is so shallow she`s never seen deeper than a sidewalk puddle !

9. backwoodsconsr on June 10th, 2012 9:55 pm

A single drop of water would put her in over her head.

10. jeffythequick on June 11th, 2012 1:24 am

I know I sound like a broken record, but her constituents are to blame. They keep electing her. That's quite a slam on 720,000 people, isn't it? Or, at least 360,001 of them.

11. SignPainterGuy on June 11th, 2012 1:38 am

If SJL is the "Best and Brightest" from her district, then it`s a pretty dark place ! (no pun intended)

Btw, did you get my email ? I didn`t get any bounce-back !

12. OK_Loyalist on June 11th, 2012 2:04 am

And there was 3 Kings … Martin Luther, Don and Rodney …

13. backwoodsconsr on June 11th, 2012 9:37 am

They were joined by the shepherds, Alan and Smith.

14. Truesoldier__ on June 11th, 2012 10:50 am

If Rodney King is a great philoshper, then Mad Dog 20/20 is the wine connoisseur preferred vintage.

15. The Zoo Keeper on June 11th, 2012 11:59 am

Don't be hating on Queen Sheila, that's our job down here in Houston.