Given the reason Holder is about to be found in contempt of Congress, this is an interesting choice of words:

“I’ve enjoyed my time as attorney general,” he told the panel. “It’s been a tough job. It is one that takes a lot out of you. Some raised concerns as to whether I was tough enough for this job. I think that people will hopefully see that I’ve done this job in a way that is consistent with our values.”

He was responding to Sen. Herb Kohl (D-Wis.) who asked Holder if he would consider serving a second term as attorney general if Obama is reelected.

“I stuck by my guns,” Holder continued. “I’ve been criticized a lot for the positions that I’ve taken. I’ve lost some. I’ve won more than I’ve lost. I’m proud of the work that I’ve done. More important, I’m proud of the 116,000 people in this United States Department of Justice. This has been the highlight of my career to have been the attorney general of the United States, to work with you all and to serve this president. What my future holds, frankly, I’m just not sure.

Er, no you haven’t. That’s the problem.

Holder saying he stuck to his guns is almost as funny as when Obama calls himself his “brother’s keeper.”

Meanwhile, on Capitol Hill today, Sen. Cornyn told Holder to resign. Holder won’t, but it’s nice to hear people telling him he should.

Comments

13 Responses to “Eric Holder on Tenure as Attorney General: I Stuck By My Guns”

1. Truesoldier__ on June 12th, 2012 3:07 pm

The GOP in the Senate is also pushing for a floor vote in regards to appointing an independent counsel for the leak investigation. They have pointed out that for the Valerie Plame supposed leak an independent counsel was named and the Obama and Biden were two of the voices calling for the independent counsel, so why is it that they refuse to do so now. Not to mention a floor vote would put Senators on record on the issue.

Also, Obama has outed Navy Seals to Kathryn Bigelow for her Navy SEAL movie about the Bin Laden raid.

2. jeffythequick on June 12th, 2012 3:37 pm

TS,

That's different. They're Democrats, and when you get your Democrat Party registration, you also get a perpetual get out of jail free card, unlimited race cards, and, if you act now, a lifetime supply of hypocrite cards in a "press is on our side" carrying case.

3. Truesoldier__ on June 12th, 2012 4:06 pm

Of course this was the movie that was scheduled to be released in October just before the election. Sony Pictures got called on that and suddenly moved the release date to after teh election.

4. jeffythequick on June 12th, 2012 4:40 pm

I was hoping, after the credits for, "I'm Barack Obama and I approve this movie. Especially the part where I look good, smart, and beat all my opponents by pulling their sealed divorce records out and parading them before the voters. I also like the part where I look down my nose at my people, as well as the part were I personally killed bin Laden and had a surrogate, like in the movie "Dave" play me at the White House. I also like the part where I developed cold fusion, but decide to throw it away because of solar panels we all need instead of our own personal cold fusion reactors that are safe, clean, and can go anywhere."

5. clu seatoe on June 12th, 2012 4:46 pm

One encouraging thing for the right is that Holder’s response was all in the past tense.

Does somebody have a secret?

6. Joe Redfield on June 12th, 2012 4:54 pm

Is there anyone in this Administration who can go longer than an hour without sticking their foot in their mouth? (Hint – no)

7. Marshall_Will on June 12th, 2012 6:39 pm

Oh, well good! Like I say, no real interest in seeing it anyway. After years of chasing this a-hole thru the mountains, it's the definition of anti climatic.

I thought Bammie didn't like portraying mooslims in a neg. light? How will this movie even WORK if OBL isn't the most evil dog evah?

8. Truesoldier__ on June 12th, 2012 7:32 pm

Besides, there was already a great SEAL movie made….Act of Valor. If you haven't seen it I highly recommend it (it came out on DVD last week).

9. ChapBix on June 12th, 2012 8:35 pm

Like Barney Fife going up against Matt Dillon in a gunfight. He can't seem to get his guns out of their holsters.

10. SignPainterGuy on June 12th, 2012 8:46 pm

And I bought it last week, but haven`t watched it yet. SOON !

11. SignPainterGuy on June 12th, 2012 8:57 pm

"….. I`ve done this job in a way that is consistent with our values." Sounds like the boyfriend whose girlfriend has just broken up with him; "I hope you`ll remember me as a good thing". No, she left you because you were a BAD thing ! No, Holder, those aren`t "our values"; they are values held by your commie, rat-bastard friends !

12. nila4052 on June 14th, 2012 1:46 am

Hey admin,
    its really nice idea i think it would be helpful four all thank you for sharing us.</s>

13. software developer on July 8th, 2013 8:18 am

I think he's doing well as Attorney general. But, I enjoy your view.