2009: Bank of America Posts Losses, Gets $138 Billion Bailout

2012: Bank of America Pledges $50 Billion to Combat Climate Change

The next time BofA comes running to the government with their hands out I hope they’re denied on grounds that taxpayers fuming over this kind of thing causes global warming. Hopefully they’d at least appreciate the irony. I know I would.

For some other ridiculous stuff guaranteed to make you mad enough to punch Betty White, click here.
*****

Unrelated note: My wife’s having surgery today so blogging will be light if not nonexistent until tonight or tomorrow. This message was brought to you courtesy of the miracle of hospital waiting room WiFi.

Comments

34 Responses to “Taxpayers Bailed Out Bank of America So They Could Help Push Al Gore’s Sham?”

1. backwoodsconsr on June 13th, 2012 11:08 am

Maybe they should change their name to the Bank of Anti-America.

2. clu seatoe on June 13th, 2012 12:27 pm

“The company has spent $17.9 billion toward its initial pledge, including $8.4 billion for energy efficiency activities, including low-cost loans and grants for retrofitting low-income neighborhoods for energy efficiency. It spent $5 billon [sic] on renewable energy projects, including helping the San Jose Unified School District in California to run on solar energy. An additional $1 billion went to consumer financing of hybrid vehicles.”

Once again an after-the-fact information release disguised as “news.”

How about someone going back to see how this money was spent and what opening the flood gates of cash has wrought in these communities and areas of expenditures and report it to the next investors meeting.

You can bet your first born that this is not being done out of altruism on the part of BofA but because all along the trickle down investment streams people saw opportunities to get out of paying taxes or to siphon, reroute, or divert the unaccounted for and unaccountable flow of cash.

3. backwoodsconsr on June 13th, 2012 12:52 pm

It's probably also the result of pressure from politicians and bureaucrats to spread the wealth around in social programs. Thomas Sowell cited much of that kind of thing in his book "The Housing Boom And Bust." Much of what the banks need to do to conduct their business cannot be done without approval from the government, and the government can and does demand their pound of flesh to get that approval.

4. Marshall_Will on June 13th, 2012 1:04 pm

"the trickle down investment streams people saw opportunities to get out of paying taxes or to siphon, reroute, or divert the unaccounted for and unaccountable flow of cash."

Or more simply… BOODLE..!

5. Marshall_Will on June 13th, 2012 1:07 pm

Doug,

We all hope Mrs. P is doing just fine. Hopefully we can provide a few laughs to get you through. For starters ( what if I'm already mad enough to punch Betty White in the face? )

THEN what, huh..?

6. SignPainterGuy on June 13th, 2012 1:39 pm

I too wish Mrs. Powers well, she and you are in my prayers.

I`ve combed my hair out now, but I got up looking like the medicine man in "Dances With Wolves" this morning; How funny is that ?

After hearing the things Betty White has said lately and seeing pix of her with the pRes., I want to toss her to the crockogator in Lake Placcid !

7. clu seatoe on June 13th, 2012 2:15 pm

I lived in the San Jose/Santa Clara area for several years recently and I don’t remember seeing, reading about, or hearing about any installation projects of solar panels or wind mills on or near any school grounds.

Wondering how much of the trickle down for the San Jose, CA schools was siphoned off by the teachers union. I DO know that the elementary schools in Santa Clara, CA are hurting sorely for supplies and the “teachers” are getting up to five days a month time off and letting classes and whole schools close for things other than teaching the kids.

But, who is monitoring these sorts of things and reporting back? Where’s the oversight?

Oh, they’re on one of their union mandated public employee breaks at the end of one of the cash diversion flow pipes in one of the union office break rooms.

8. jeffythequick on June 13th, 2012 2:19 pm

My prayers are with you and your family, Doug.

M_W,

On the MM thread, when I was 31, I had 4 kids, ranging from 10 to 5. Are they on the insurance too? And once the grandkids get on the insurance, it's NOT FAIR (waaaah!) to kick them off, is it?

Oh yeah, I went to college to be an engineer, since I wanted to have a job that offered insurance.

9. jeffythequick on June 13th, 2012 2:38 pm

On to California…!

Yeah, I know the election is 146 days away, but the best time to kick someone is when they're down. And keep kicking them. The last two weeks they've been kicking themselves, and I think we should help.

10. Marshall_Will on June 13th, 2012 2:59 pm

Jeff,

Excellent! Looking back, I wish we'd had more. Our having (2) daughters ( and a Filipina mom ) was like raising (2) Only Child's. They've never so much as shared a ROOM.

Rappin' Rodney once said "I had two kids, one I put through college ( and the other I put through a WALL )" We paid like an extra $125 a month for our slacker mandate and didn't even USE it.

Since younger people are re-thinking their consumer choices like dropping cell phones and internet, prog handlers and enablers feared they'd just make do without health coverage as well? God forbid, we'd be back to the 50's!

11. Granny55 on June 13th, 2012 4:13 pm

Prayers and best wishes for a speedy recovery for Mrs. Powers. And now my funny for the day. Had a good friend and her daughter come visit over night as the daughter was taking her nursing exam this morning. The daughter left at 7 am for the test and friend and I caught up with one another and looking at wedding photos of my daughter's recent wedding. Decided to get a move on and do some shopping and my friend discovered she left all of her clothes in a hanging bag in her garage 220 miles away. So…… needless to say we DID do some serious shopping. Friend never ceases to amaze me at the dingy things she does. And while we were shopping she lost her cell phone – found it an hour later – in my purse! How she ended up putting it my purse is beyond me. Good to have a laugh though!

That way when I read articles like Doug's post my blood pressure doesn't go thru the roof.

12. The Zoo Keeper on June 13th, 2012 4:39 pm

Praying that the surgery goes well for your wife.

13. Yazsters on June 13th, 2012 4:43 pm

Best of luck to your wife. Hope the operation goes well!

14. Marshall_Will on June 13th, 2012 4:45 pm

Granny,

Impossible! ( I saw Mrs. Will off to work -personally- this AM! )

MM's Trolls (TM) love to point out our incessant "ODS" ( how 'original' ) but in time I'm confident O'rage will become as clinically a diagnosed condition as PTSD.

'Ditzy' is one thing ( and we all have our moments? ) but so many of us have put our personal and FINANCIAL lives on hold for so long, and seen SO many attacks on our liberties, with CONSTANT prog-threats on all fronts. Honest to God.., I've become phobic about TOUCHING anything for fear all we can do is make it worse!

Here's what's weird ( I think Teh Bamster KNOWS it ) Early in His Reign, he absolutely REVELLED in it. But when the pvt. sector ( which is doing fine you know? ) *refused* to get off the canvas and FUND all those pipedreams, he became worried. He's worried to this day. I'll take a swag:

Commercus Interruptus..!

15. Patti on June 13th, 2012 5:32 pm

Thoughts and prayers for your wife, Doug.

16. clu seatoe on June 13th, 2012 6:41 pm

Doug,

I see “Best Wishes” popping up for your wife and though I know nothing about the situation a hospital stay always deserves a wish for the best result possible.

BEST WISHES to you and your wife and family.

17. backwoodsconsr on June 13th, 2012 7:00 pm

Best wishes from me as well, Doug.

18. Doug on June 13th, 2012 8:36 pm

Thanks all for the well-wishes everybody! I showed my wife on my phone at the hospital and she said to pass along her thanks. She said I have the best readers, and I couldn't disagree.

She had a hysterectomy. Lots of problems the past few years and this was pretty much the last remaining option.

I'm back home with the kids and will be bringing her home sometime tomorrow morning, then hopefully blogging speed will get back to normal (both here and at Michelle's).

19. SignPainterGuy on June 13th, 2012 8:40 pm

I thought that a fitting name years ago when I first heard Saudi Arabia had a stake in BofA ! I saw that as a bad sign then and nothing has changed my mind.

20. SignPainterGuy on June 13th, 2012 8:42 pm

Doug, any updates on the Missus ?

21. SignPainterGuy on June 13th, 2012 8:47 pm

Wow, ask and ye shall receive ! ;-)

Have faith, Doug, many of my family females have done quite well after hystrejectomies, so don`t worry, just show her all your love and patience and wait on her hand and foot for a while !

22. ChapBix on June 13th, 2012 11:36 pm

Hoping for a speedy recovery for Mrs. Powers!

23. Patti on June 14th, 2012 12:04 am

You bet ! Lots of TLC for Mrs. P for a while….

Look what you missed, Doug:

Juan Williams defends Holder and tells Michelle Malkin: I’m a real reporter and you’re just a blogger

Needless to say, Michelle opened up on the fool…….GOLDEN ! (as MW says)

24. SignPainterGuy on June 14th, 2012 1:06 am

MM: "Real journalists are apologists for corruptocracy" !

She is exactly correct if Juan`s example is correct. Gee whiz, what an absolute shill he is.

MM comes to the party so well prepared, I wouldn`t argue / debate her on my own family history !

25. SignPainterGuy on June 14th, 2012 1:20 am

I hope your Daughter did well on her nursing exam; I know it isn`t easy, I also know that in many cases nurses perform duties a Dr should do; my Sis is an RN with lots of Initialed Suffixes. Nurses are very special people ! I know that you are proud of her !

"Friend" must be really nervous about something, quite a scatter-brain. That CAN be a lot of fun if kept in proper perspective. Your own attitude seems wise !

26. jeffythequick on June 14th, 2012 1:22 am

Juan, can you say pwn'd, as in "I was just pwn'd by Michelle Malkin"

Her facial expressions are priceless in this video, second only to her wit and wisdom in (gob)smacking down this Progressive tool.

27. backwoodsconsr on June 14th, 2012 12:42 pm

What's the difference between getting into the ring with Mike Tyson and getting into a debate with Michelle Malkin?

You might have a chance of beating Tyson.

Juan got his butt kicked big time and he's too foolish to realize it.

28. cali on June 14th, 2012 12:58 pm

Is this not also the Bank refusing to do business with a weapon factory, because they are part of the anti-2nd amendment?

29. jeffythequick on June 14th, 2012 1:48 pm

I can only imagine what Mr. Malkin goes through when he messes up (you know, guys, like we all do…).

But then again, I'm married to an intelligent beautiful woman, and when she's right, I'm smart enough not to argue with her.

30. Marshall_Will on June 14th, 2012 1:59 pm

Jeff,

Great observation. HE has got to be a wonderful person as well. What with the things the professional Left SAYS about her ( on a near daily basis ) without getting violently upset must involve qualities I simply never had. Nor do most guys.

Then everything they went thru when MM's cousin came up missing. Still IS as a matter of fact. It's SO easy to forget the Dads in all of this. We're tough, we're -supposed- to be able to "take it".

Anyone that thinks it's any 'easier' on us ( take what Doug is going thru ) has got to be nuts. Usually it's worse b/c you're devoid of empathy and expected to put on a stiff upper lip.

31. Oakland Bankruptcy on September 7th, 2012 4:11 am

Your content is nothing short of brilliant in many ways. I think this is engaging and eye-opening material. Thank you so much for caring about your content and your readers.

Oakland Bankruptcy Attorney

32. Rockford graduation on October 6th, 2012 8:42 am

That is why, no wonder that today, you find many genres of movies. There are action/ adventure, animation, comedy, documentary, drama, horror, kids/ family, romance, thriller, and many more. You just find the one based on your wants and needs…!

Rockford graduation cap and gown

33. Rochester on October 10th, 2012 7:29 am

The college campus and surrounding suburbs are a very safe place to live. There are certain sections of the city you would want to avoid, but I imagine every city is like that. The RIT campus is in a very nice suburb.

Rochester graduation cap and gown

34. Erie on October 23rd, 2012 3:18 am

There are times that we experience failures and big challenges but we will always find our way out. Success is always in our way, we’ll just need to recognize it’s existence.
    Erie graduation gowns