Again, keep in mind that this was the day after Obama accused Republicans of ordering a big steak dinner and then sticking him with the tab.

From ABC News:

Amid the bustle of President Obama’s surprise stop for barbecue Wednesday the White House apparently overlooked one key detail: the bill.
[...]
The bill for the president and his four guests was $55.58, but was left unpaid at the point of sale, according to pool reports.

Jeez… project much Mr. President?

Comments

11 Responses to “Obama Accuses Republicans of Sticking Him With Their Dinner Tab, Runs Out on His Lunch Tab the Next Day”

1. Marshall_Will on June 14th, 2012 6:09 pm

From the ABC News link:

"The White House corrected the oversight and settled up the tab by the end of the business day.

Read about more Obama food stops in our story HERE."

In my eyes, the real story here is that some bittererly clinging to their LIVLIHOOD biz owner had the brass to call this Administration what it really is, a bunch of deadbeats! Oh and demanded payment.

Watch for follow on story as to how ( after a great lunch ) suddenly they can't pass thier health inspection…

2. jeffythequick on June 14th, 2012 6:10 pm

You know… most screenwriters couldn't make this stuff up!

But we all know he's doing the same thing to the taxpayers of this country as well.

For fun, someone should ask side-show Carney about this.

3. jeffythequick on June 14th, 2012 6:15 pm

THIS.IS.AWESOME!!!

After the Axelrod thing, I'm getting a lot of respect for the Mittster…

4. Marshall_Will on June 14th, 2012 6:48 pm

3 1/2 years ago some gushing waiter/tress would have been tempted to post the unpaid tab on Ebay but just couldn't see themselves parting with such an important momento from such a momentus pResident!

"I know he skipped out on his tab, and I'LL get stuck with the bill from my min. wage job but even after I lost my HOUSE when my job as a finance mgr. at a Republican-owned GM dealer wasn't saved or created.., when I'm touching this, I'm touching history!"

( Chris Matthews gets tingle clear up his sphincter )

Fast forward to 2012: "Pay UP mf'er".

5. clu seatoe on June 14th, 2012 7:09 pm

This pork eater (and creator) has done the same thing with the American people. For the last 3 1/2 years, right out in the open in front of the American people and the world, with his “I don’ give a damn what you think attitude” and his “If you don’t like it I dare you to try to do something about it attitude” has stripped every piece of meat off of the bones of the American Treasury and stuffed it into his own pockets, and spread it around to his cronies to be kicked back to him over the decades to come.

6. SignPainterGuy on June 14th, 2012 8:39 pm

Now that there was funny; I don`t care who you are !! "…., I`m touching history !"

7. Truesoldier__ on June 14th, 2012 9:10 pm

I was thinking that he didn't run out on the bill he tried to pay using a government charge card and it came back declined for being over the limit. It took Axelrod the rest of the day doing dishes to settle the bill.

8. SignPainterGuy on June 14th, 2012 9:22 pm

I`d love to see Uncle Guido, all 270 lbs of him, stop the pResidential party at the door with, "Where do ya think you`re goin` ? Youse guys don`t go nowheres till ya pays da bill ! And tip da waitress this time !"

9. ChapBix on June 16th, 2012 12:05 am

This reminds of an incident in 2008 when Hillary walked out and did not pay her tab, either. Evidently, she thought her aide took care of the bill for her.

10. ChapBix on June 16th, 2012 12:06 am

Evidently, our version of royalty regard themselves as too important to pay the bill for their food and whatever else came with it.

11. SignPainterGuy on June 16th, 2012 1:11 am

They expect someone else to pay, with someone else`s money and if it isn`t done, it`s someone else`s fault !