Alternate title: I can’t wait to see Romney pulled up on stage to join in singing Bawitdaba and American Badass.

From Politico:

Liberty Plaza Events has signed on musical acts Lynyrd Skynyrd (Aug. 26), Trace Adkins (Aug. 28) and Kid Rock (Aug. 29) for the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Fla. Other artists such as Ronnie Dunn of Brooks & Dunn, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Robert Randolph and Night Ranger may also appear. There will also be another major act for the closing night “Wheels Up” party that’s still to be announced.

Word is the RNC has graciously reached across the aisle and invited Joe Biden to sing “Simple Man” with Skynyrd, but the Veep’s office hasn’t responded yet.

But let’s forget about convention entertainment and stay focused on defeating Obama… all summer long (worst segue ever):

Comments

32 Responses to “Kid Rock to Play Republican Convention”

1. Marshall_Will on June 18th, 2012 6:46 pm

Awesome. Kid Rock is the kind of guy that has fun no MATTER where he's at! I'd like to see Pat Travers play….

Boom-boom ( Out Go The Lights! ) when we send O'Drama's azz packing.

2. Truesoldier__ on June 18th, 2012 7:40 pm

So how long will it be till Kid Rock is labeled a…..wait for it…….RACIST?

3. Marshall_Will on June 18th, 2012 8:18 pm

Hey I love it. Let the Prog weenies pull THEIR hair out doing damage control and bucket brigade like WE have over the last decade +.

They've already wore out OWS sicking them on this, that and the other thing and mommy and daddy's credit card is just about maxed out! So don't look for any last minute 'surge' from middle/lower middle class Libs this summer and fall.

Like the rest of us ( they're pretty much tapped out! ) Going into the store over the weekend for Mrs. Will and everything was $4.99. That's the min. for food items apparently. That and 4 years of $4 gas will smack the silly right out of ya'.

4. SignPainterGuy on June 18th, 2012 8:40 pm

Heard on the radio this morning, Romney said, "Obama ran on Hope n Change last time; now he`s Hoping to Change the subject" ! I thought that was a pretty good hit-back at Zero since these things are writing themselves !

5. jeffythequick on June 18th, 2012 8:41 pm

I was over on MM's site, and I noticed something… I will never refer to Obama as BHO, and here's why:

Ever notice that liberal/Progressive presidents that they like are always refered to by the three letters?

FDR
    HST? Nope… he wasn't Progressive enough
    DDE? Nope, a Republican
    JFK Yep…
    LBJ Yep again…
    RFK Yep, but a jihadist killed him
    RMN A progressive, but a Republican one.
    GRF Too short of a presidency, plus, he was a R
    JEC… Didn't work. Oh well.
    RWR Nope, a Republican
    GHWB Nope… too many letters
    WJC Too many syllables
    GWB Nope, a R, besides, I can call him "Dubya" derisively
    BHO Can't say "Hussein", so it works!

6. Truesoldier__ on June 18th, 2012 8:46 pm

Besides calling him B.O. is more fitting as everything he does stinks.

7. Jersey Guy on June 18th, 2012 8:46 pm

2:22 was especially enjoyable.

8. Truesoldier__ on June 18th, 2012 8:57 pm

O/T…but interesting. I saw this article regarding the administrations plans to go ahead with Obamacare if the mandate is struck down. Here is the interesting part and I am not sure if anyone else has seen this or not:

the administration asked the court – if it declares the mandate unconstitutional – to also strike down certain consumer protections, including the requirement on insurers to cover people with pre-existing health problems. That would mitigate a damaging spike in premiums.

9. SignPainterGuy on June 18th, 2012 9:13 pm

I`m still looking for COMPLETE REPEAL ! Romney`s position of "Quick Repeal, Slow Replacement" doesn`t float my boat at all. I don`t want any gov. replacement or any part in administering health care itself or the insurance that covers it.

10. clu seatoe on June 18th, 2012 11:11 pm

Well they are government employees.

11. clu seatoe on June 18th, 2012 11:13 pm

Talk about being racist. We see it on both sides but they won’t even admit it.

And this ought to make MS. Cheekbones in MA ecstatic; there may be some Cherokee in there too.

12. clu seatoe on June 18th, 2012 11:21 pm

MS. Cheekbones might related to the first family.

13. SignPainterGuy on June 18th, 2012 11:40 pm

The entire idea of the British NHS is rife with stupididity, but for Drs to strike, putting the health and LIVES of patients in danger, is the height of arrogance. To my experience, a Dr`s devotion to service to mankind is second only to that of nurses; for them to strike is a shooting offense.

14. clu seatoe on June 18th, 2012 11:52 pm

Don’t let Sam “The Donald”son hear you criticize a Zero-care idea. You know what that makes you? Yup that’s it.

15. SignPainterGuy on June 18th, 2012 11:54 pm

Ms Cheekbones refused to meet with Indian reps and sent staffers instead. Interesting. Is she afraid of being exposed as the fraud we know she is and the blowback from the real Indians ? Could be !

From your link in the first group photo, the captioning doesn`t say, but the snarling little face in the middle-front really looks familiar ! It can`t be her because the patriarch in the pic, left-front, died in 1950, but still……

16. clu seatoe on June 19th, 2012 12:09 am

Makes me wonder if I could be related to Emilio Earnhardt, the great Reno Air Race (pardon the “race” word Sammy) winner and aviator.

17. SignPainterGuy on June 19th, 2012 12:10 am

It is widely rumored that Meanchelle hates whites with a purple passion. To learn she has some white blood in her veins may be more than she can handle, or is that knowledge the reason she hates whites so ? Is that knowledge the reason we call her "Meanchelle" ? Hmmmmm !

18. jeffythequick on June 19th, 2012 12:46 am

SPG,

I cannot disagree with you more. To put, as someone's duty to save lives as their duty is, in my opinion morally reprehensible. Is it my obligation to create things as my moral duty as an engineer, or the inventor of life saving devices as his?

What if someone had a great invention to save the lives of millions, no, billions, and someone said that it was their duty to do it because it was the right thing to do, and they couldn't be compensated for it. That is slavery if it is compelled, and deserving of sainthood if given freely, as the doctors that discovered insulin did.

I think it is the moral duty of the customers (ie. patients) to pay doctors what they are worth, NHS, Obamacare be damned. If a doctor says it will cost $50,000 for an operation, then they are morally obligated to do the best job that they are able to do, or if it is a $20 hangnail removal.

To compel someone to work is slavery, no matter what is given to them in compensation. You are still compelling them to work. In pre 13th Amendment USA, there were slaves that were treated abysmally, and slaves that were treated well by their masters. The only difference was their masters, and that is what such a system creates: slaves and masters. What happens when the slaves think they are being mistreated? The same thing as police officers with the "blue flu" and other mysterious maladies at contract negotiation time. Imagine a doctor with a mysterious malady on the day of your appointment for heart surgery.

Or put in another way, do you want your slave that you beat last week doing your open heart surgery on you today?

19. SignPainterGuy on June 19th, 2012 12:53 am

Aah, so you`re a racer-ist ? ;-)

When I was about 4, I stood in an auto body shop watching my Dad letter a race car driven by Ralph Earnhardt, Dale, Sr`s Dad. Coincidentally, that same shop became my last sign shop.

20. clu seatoe on June 19th, 2012 1:26 am

Oh, boo! C’mon you can think deeper than that.

21. SignPainterGuy on June 19th, 2012 1:35 am

You may want to pray on that a bit.

A Dr. is a Dr. by choice first and then by very hard study and effort AND practice, regardless of the country or health system therein, so, if they feel enslaved, they arrived at that condition of their own free will.

Capitalism is the means by which prices are decided and they arrive at their current rate by trial and error, settling in on "what the market will bear", or is that "bare" (?) here in the US. In GB, prices are set by a gov. panel, if I`m not mistaken, as are the wages of med. professionals. Not so here. There`s great opportunity to negotiate wage and benefit packages here.

I see it as morally imperative to do the best work you can, especially if you feel Spirit-Led to your job; the old "don`t hide your light under a bustle" kinda thing.

As I said, it`s the British health system I have problems with, and the whole socialist mentality borne out from the mind set that established the NHS. I`ve read many horror stories that resulted from the "Save money at all costs" structure of the NHS. That wouldn`t happen here on a grand scale.

I`m saying, the medical community should not be unionized, or work as if they were, with the right to strike. They are in essence a monopoly, the patient has few choices, they depend on relatively few professionals. Those professionals have too much power over the patient and too much responsibility to hold the lives and health of the public in limbo. The whole system needs a serious re-work; not just the Drs.

Just call me a union-hater and a hater of the union mentality.

22. SignPainterGuy on June 19th, 2012 1:36 am

Dang, Doug, I slipped and used the "S" word ! OOOOPS !

23. SignPainterGuy on June 19th, 2012 1:39 am

And I wrote a reply nearly as long, but slipped and used the "S" word (soc-ial-ist) and the site admins ate it ! Dangit, I hate it when that happens !

24. Doug on June 19th, 2012 1:45 am

Fortunately I'm up late tonight… it's through!

25. SignPainterGuy on June 19th, 2012 1:52 am

Thank you again, kind sir ! I`ll learn to break up the word or expand my vocabulary some more eventually ! :-)

26. Marshall_Will on June 19th, 2012 12:15 pm

One of my main complaints about doctors in the U.S is they've known something was terribly wrong with our system for years, but chose to do -nothing- while it crumbled to the ground.

Oh they'd tell you they weren't happy w/ the status quo, commiserate with you and… head out for a round of golf. At least the MD's in the UK are attempting to act in unison. However PETTY their claims.

27. jeffythequick on June 19th, 2012 12:32 pm

Well, we agree on most of the points, especially the aspects of sew shall ism (I should trademark that…) and the power that the enslaved doctors have over the patients. When a person is a slave, they have, by definition, few choices:

1. Work as hard as they can and get whatever their master feels fit to give them.
    2. Work as little as possible to avoid being beaten (literally or figuratively) and get whatever their master feels fit to give them.
    3. Not work, and get whatever their master feels fit to give them.

It gets more interesting when the slave is entrusted to save your life. You have to hope that when the time comes, they choose #1, or at the very least #2.

However, this is the system the British set up, so they either need to change it, or suffer the consequences that they deserve.

I have infinite mercy for ignorance. That can be cured with knowledge. I have scant little for stupidity, especially stupidity that kills people that is easily foreseen. Even more so if the person's life you save subjects you more enslavement.

(Throwing the Hitler example out there…) If you were a doctor, and Hitler (in all of his power, say, in 1940) fell out of an airplane into your office in the dead of the night and survived, would you save his life? Only you and he would know whether you snuffed him or saved him. Now, imagine the answer if you are one of the undesirables that he didn't like.

28. Marshall_Will on June 19th, 2012 1:27 pm

Interesting quandary. I'd probably torture him and take pictures, but hey…

All of us have good friends that claim to be conserv's but are nothing more than Dim operatives testing out fresh talking points on their guinea pig. The latest:

"Isn't saying the disparities *between* public employees that are upper mgmt. white collar and DMV retirees just another form of class warfare?"

NO my friend. It is not. Since virtually every DIME of what's in play here is TAXPAYER money ( and would not even exist if not for levies on the pvt. sector ) NONE of the normal rules 'apply'. This is just another Leftist attempt to get us wrapped around the axle over our love of Capitalism. Nice try tho'.

29. SignPainterGuy on June 19th, 2012 7:29 pm

The AMA is Drs` main mechanism for unity and/or change in the system and as the AMA is much like the RNC, not much interested in change or relinquishing any power or control, the Drs have little recourse or unity. My BinL dropped his membership in the AMA years ago, as did many Drs.

30. SignPainterGuy on June 19th, 2012 7:41 pm

As to the Hitler hypothetical situation, for me it matters only if I`m Christian or not.

If I`m not a Christian, and unencumbered by moral certainty, I`d try to leave as little evidence as possible that I was even there that night and let the insane murderer pass right on thru death`s door.

As a Christian, I`d do all in my power to save him and make him as comfortable as possible !

31. chris04 on March 13th, 2013 10:08 am

Nice post. I like the way you start and then conclude your thoughts. Thanks for this information .I really appreciate your work, keep it up

renovations Calgary

32. Temple Hameldon on February 26th, 2014 5:44 am

Kid Rock has been involved with many charitable organizations, including Operation Homefront. He has frequently partnered with Jim Beam to make large donations to the organization. He is close friends with Tony Stewart, with whom he was worked on charity events. ~ He seems like a nice person.